Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England squad

Comments

• Options
    Why oh why are henderson and lallana anywhere near this team.no disrespect to the stokes sunderlands west broms but if them 2 played for any of these clubs would they get near this team? I dont think so.Barkeley has done nothing wrong this season same as drinkwater or noble.big club syndrome again.
  • Options
    Henderson isn't so bad, he has an incredible engine and decent passing, although Drinkwater and Noble probably deserve a shot ahead of him. I really don't get the Lallana thing.

Welbeck has always done well in an England shirt so in not surprised. It needs to be Sturridge, he's one of the only world class players we have, but he's not played enough football.

Not sure Roy trusts Barkley.
  • Options
    why not give Vardy a chance to see what he can do against a side like Germany?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

why not give Vardy a chance to see what he can do against a side like Germany?

Can you imagine if he did well and Roy had to make a tough call about Rooney. It's safer not to risk it
  • Options
    I still can't get used to seeing an England squad without wondering whether Lampard and Gerrard will EVER have a good game together.
  • Options
    I think it's right to start this first game with the team that will be playing together in the first game. They need a chance to play together.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I think it's right to start this first game with the team that will be playing together in the first game. They need a chance to play together.

I would imagine we will have friendlies two/three weeks before the euros won't we? That's when the starting lineup should get minutes together. The core of the side I agree with but players like Henderson and Llallana have no right to be starting tonight.
  • Options
    formation is a 4-3-3 according to Sky so would like to have seen Welbeck, Kane and Vardy.

Rose definitely deserves a go, pace and ability to get up and down in both full back positions.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

formation is a 4-3-3 according to Sky so would like to have seen Welbeck, Kane and Vardy.

Rose definitely deserves a go, pace and ability to get up and down in both full back positions.

Agreed, also agreed with your front 3. Three strikers with different talents that would ask different questions of the back line and has the ability to hit teams hard on the break. Which is the only way we will be able to beat the top sides.
  • Options
    We play Portugal just before the euros so expect to see our strongest starting 11 (in Roy's eyes) for that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've gone right off Roy
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Henderson isn't so bad, he has an incredible engine and decent passing, although Drinkwater and Noble probably deserve a shot ahead of him. I really don't get the Lallana thing.

Welbeck has always done well in an England shirt so in not surprised. It needs to be Sturridge, he's one of the only world class players we have, but he's not played enough football.

Not sure Roy trusts Barkley.

I'll give you the engine, but his passing is mundane
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Would have been a terrible waste of Vardy. Vardy always looks lost when he plays wide and his strength is in roasting the last man with his pace, not putting crosses in.
  • Options
    yeah, I know what you mean.

can Welbeck play as a 1 off the top 2 to get Vardy more central, so a 4-3-1-2 or am I just confusing things?
  • Options
    mind you, doesn't matter anyway, Vardy's not playing.
  • Options

Annoyed that Henderson, Lallana and welbeck are all starting! All having very average seasons and well welbeck has barely kicked a ball all season....bizarre. Sooner Hodgson is gone the better IMO he should have gone after the World Cup. Danny rose deserves a call up, pleased for him. Hope Vardy gets a decent run out in both matches.

To be fair to Welbeck, he's been out with injury and since coming back has been one of Arsenal's better attackers.

Henderson I guess is Hodgson's man for some reason, would rather try out Drinkwater in a friendly to see if he's able to make the Euros.
  • Options
    why do Germans look so German?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I'm interested to see what Henderson offers. Running about a lot isn't enough at international level.

I hope we see Kane & Vardy as a front two at some stage.

Germany 4-2-3-1. England 4-3-3.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

why do Germans look so German?

Square Heads.
  • Options
    Decent start from us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adidas 1 Nike nil

Or am I just getting old

• Options
    Big fan of Alli, mad to think he was slogging it out for MKD in League One not so long ago.
  • Options
    Welbeck is giving Rose no protection at all
  • Options
    An excellent start but need to score when on top. Incredible vocal support.
  • Options
    Welbeck ball watches a bit too much for me when in defensive positions.

like the way we're pressing.
  • Options
    Knee over the ball Lallana. Basics.
  • Options
    Real good press, this shape could work for England, for once we scare the opposition when they have the ball, something we could never do with Lampard Gerrard Milner and co.
  • Options
    Not the worse goal to concede in the grand scheme of things. Been quite impressed.
  • Options
    Shame for Butland. Shouldn't get beaten at near post but was clearly injured.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Alli and Rose impressing so far.

Henderson is too slow for me. Rubbish passer too. Get drinkwater on.