Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England squad

Comments

• Options
    Great result and performance. Maybe not a surprise that the best performers were basically the Tottenham and Leicester players
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

I'm on 2-2 at 12s before the game and jumped on England to win at 90/1 just before we scored the first so ze Germans are bound to score! We look mustard!

Get in! I'm gonna throw it out there and say that we're going to win the Euros!
    How much did you win?
  • Options
    And how nice to have positive, exciting substitutions rather than James Milner...

• Options

Fantastic performance.

Delighted for the travelling fans who have been an absolute credit to us - extremely loud throughout.

We've got the cream out there

(:
  • Options
    iainment said:

Does that mean the Scots think we're world champs?

Friendlies don't count ;-)

Must say it's a delight to watch Alli, his confidence on the ball is great to see
  • Options

Danny Rose starting vs. Germany will mean that 11 out of last 19 England debutants will have done so whilst managed by Mauricio Pochettino.

— Spurs Stat Man (@SpursStatMan) March 25, 2016
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Nice to beat them at last.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Danny Rose starting vs. Germany will mean that 11 out of last 19 England debutants will have done so whilst managed by Mauricio Pochettino.

— Spurs Stat Man (@SpursStatMan) March 25, 2016

You can't argue with his track record, he makes players better, I would never have imagined Rose as an England player before this season
  • Options
    Now that's how to play football.

We lost our shape at times but that was generally when we were pushing for a goal and we got caught on the break with too many pushed up - and against the World Champions - no surprise.

Roy Hodgson the best Manager since Terry Venables and could be the new Sir Alf Ramsey with a bit of luck and a fair wind.

Fantastic performance from England in every way and great to see such hungry young men battling for places and working for each other - no big ego's on the park tonight.

Was very impressed with Lothar Matthaus who was full of praise for our football and very humble in defeat - I reminded the wife that he has 150 German caps, has Captained Germany to a World Cup win in 1990, European and World Player of the Year and was the man who Bayern Munich substituted in the 79th minute vs Manchester United when Bayern were leading and comfortably in control in the '99 Champion's League Final and his departure changed the game in United's favour - as important a change as Bobby Charlton's removal from the World Cup QF when England were 2-0 up against the Germans in 1970 - only for us to lose 3-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

What do England keep signing on repeat?

Newcastle's chant
    Don't take me home
    Please don't take me home
    I just don't want to go to work
    I wanna stay here
    Drink all the beer
    Please don't, please don't take me home
  • Options
    Why?
    They cant have forgotten the words to that stupid Palace song can they?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Caught result on t-net then piled onto ITV+1. What a performance!

Like many have said on here, the first time i've actually enjoyed an England performance in an age. Well done Woy!
  • Options
    Top performance (what I could catch of it being out with the missus). Very pleased, vardy and Kane have got to be ahead of Rooney now. Two top drawer goals. Great to have a group of genuinely hungry young players playing without fear.
  • Options
    Not convinced by our defence, but going forward very exciting and we've got options for once
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I'm on 2-2 at 12s before the game and jumped on England to win at 90/1 just before we scored the first so ze Germans are bound to score! We look mustard!

Hope you put a score on, rather than a quid

• Options
    edited March 2016
    ChiAddick said:
    Brandenburg Gate. I was there last week.
  • Options
    16/4/13, Vardy, Kane and Drinkwater all started on Leicester's bench in the Championship. How times change
  • Options
    First time i can remember being impressed by an England performance in a very long time.

Kane is a certainty to start in the Euro's, and i think Hodgson has to go with Vardy alongside him, his pace gives us something extra and defenders will hate marking him. Far too pedestrian if Rooney is in there. However you just know he'll find a way to start Rooney and Welbeck.

Great support from the travelling fans too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That result was better than the 5-1 in Munich all those years ago for me... I know Germany have struggled in recent Friendlies but you shouldnt come back from 2-0 down against the World Champions without playing great Football
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Superb comeback and thoroughly deserved to win especially after conceding two poor goals. Brilliant finishes from Kane and Vardy and the winner scored by a player with Charlton connections. Not wishing to build them up too soon but that group of players gives real hope for a change. The only question mark I have is over the back four and especially the CB's. With two small full backs in Rose and Clyne ( both of whom played well) Smalling and Cahill have to dominate in the air and Gomez scored with ease for their second goal. I'm not sure who would be a better option right now though. John Stones and Joe Gomez one day maybe :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    Proves what having confident players in form can do to a team even when going behind..

They had no fear and really took the game to the Germans.
  • Options

Top performance (what I could catch of it being out with the missus). Very pleased, vardy and Kane have got to be ahead of Rooney now. Two top drawer goals. Great to have a group of genuinely hungry young players playing without fear.

I had completely forgotten that Rooney was missing. We actually now have a decent forward line.

• Options
    rina said:

16/4/13, Vardy, Kane and Drinkwater all started on Leicester's bench in the Championship. How times change

Should have started them in the play offs, might have won!
  • Options
    What are Diers Charlton connections?!
  • Options
    Grandson of Ted Croker
    and Great nephew of Peter Croker.

Charlton players from a successful Era
  • Options

What are Diers Charlton connections?!

From Wikipedia:

He is the grandson of Ted Croker, a former Secretary of the Football Association and President of Cheltenham Town, and great-nephew of Peter Croker, who both played professionally for Charlton Athletic.