Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IF it did turn out to be true about Poyet....

Comments

• Options
    Pete O'Rourke @SkySportsPeteO · 9m
    West Ham are closing in on the signing of Diego Poyet from Charlton. #WHUFC #CAFC
  • Options

I heard Chris Solly and Luke Young are also having medicals at West Ham.

if Chris Solly is having a medical, the result is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Poyet can **** off there if he wishes, but I'd be gutted to lose Chris Solly.

• Options

if Chris Solly is having a medical, the result is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Whoosh.
  • Options

Whoosh.
    Aaah. Fair cop. Fell for that one:-)

• Options
    poyet signed a 4 year deal at West Ham
  • Options
    West Ham play less attractive football than us , Yes , He will get more game time there than say Chelsea , but Poyets game is all about passing , Can't see that being developed at West ham ...
  • Options
    he'll play a lot but will need to adapt to their hoofball. Let's hope the tribunal ensure we get a decent fee with decent add-on's
  • Options
    Done deal, 4 year contract
  • Options
    Kin 'ell, West Ham ffs!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I hope his career crashes and burns
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I was disappointed and now I'm angry. OK West Ham are not our main rivals but rivals they are. I can't help hoping he falls flat on his face there. I don't generally like the booing of returning players but I'll struggle with this one.
  • Options
    Good luck to him.

It would appear that all the while Charlton were calculating their strategic plans to make as much money out of him as possible, he was calculating his strategic plans to get as much out of his career as possible.

It would seem that his plans were better than ours!
  • Options
    He'll play there cos their midfield is shocking. Diego poyet, he's got a sore neck
  • Options
    Martomoto said:

Well I was disappointed and now I'm angry. OK West Ham are not our main rivals but rivals they are. I can't help hoping he falls flat on his face there. I don't generally like the booing of returning players but I'll struggle with this one.

They are not rivals though are they. They are a bigger club than we are, they play in the Premier League and don't, really, look in any trouble of being relegated, where as we are, probably, all willing to accept not being relegated to the third division as our target for the coming season.

It hurts, especially as I hate West ham, but he has moved to a bigger club, probably for more money and certainly with a chance to showcase his talents at a much higher level than we play at.
  • Options
    Well, so much for "he'll be sitting on the bench"

But now it will be "not that good as could only get West Ham" and "over rated"

Poor Rich kid was going to get slaughtered where ever he went regardless.

So at West Ham he gets more of a chance to play every week in the Premier League, he doesn't have to move away from his family and he'll be on a lot more money as well.

So from HIS PERSPECTIVE it's a good deal.

Hope we got as big a wedge as we could.

• Options

So at West Ham he gets more of a chance to play every week in the Premier League, he doesn't have to move away from his family and he'll be on a lot more money as well.

He still could be. He's got to get ahead of Nolan and Noble.
  • Options

Give it two years and he'll be playing at the valley again.. for them.

• Options

Good luck to him.

It would appear that all the while Charlton were calculating their strategic plans to make as much money out of him as possible, he was calculating his strategic plans to get as much out of his career as possible.

It would seem that his plans were better than ours!

only marginally...
  • Options
    Glad it's over let's all move on and wait for the Diego side to paint his story all roses yet the truth is cafc served it's purpose for him to get to here and money speaks

I won't believe any of the poyet view point because it is irrelevant
  • Options
    4 year deal, sets him up for life, will probably play more often than not and will force himself into their team I suspect as their midfield is pretty poor

gets to play in the Olympic stadium
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    As much as the move leaves a bitter taste in the mouth, I hope he does well at his new club. It'll be of benefit to CAFC in terms of future add ons and clauses.
  • Options
    It's an easy punt for a Premier League club though isn't it. He looked good in a crap season for us, is the son of a very good ex player and now PL manager. He has good pedigree and potential, nothing more as yet, that's a big step up and West Ham take a gamble which won't even touch the sides of the millions rolling in from Sky. A small fee will be agreed and his salary is a fraction of Carrol, Nolan etc. He's a young lad and probably has his head spinning with all and sundry trying to get a piece of him. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    I'm just glad this whole saga is almost all over. Do I wish him luck? No, as I'm bitter he didn't want to sign a contract with the club who helped develop him. Now we need to use any compensation to improve the team.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Its a good move for him. He'll get games and he'll be playing Prem football.

From my point of view, i wish it weren't West Ham.
  • Options
    If he's a free agent then Charlton wouldn't get any future sell on fee no? Or is that something the tribunal could sort?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    nichorob said:

If he's a free agent then Charlton wouldn't get any future sell on fee no? Or is that something the tribunal could sort?

A tribunal could include a sell on fee (and other bits and pieces).

Has anyone seen anything to suggest compensation has been agreed?
  • Options
    A place where he will start matches, good luck to him
  • Options

He still could be. He's got to get ahead of Nolan and Noble.
    Aswell as Diame and ravel Morrison
  • Options
    The fact thats its West Ham leads me to believe there will be a lack of class among thier behaviour over this and the tribunal will be no different
  • Options
    Very similar to Mark Noble for me