Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton - Leeds - Post match views

Entertaining goal packed game, it seems like we were very unlucky.

Ultimately though, another failure to win at home.

Look forward to hearing from those there.

Comments

• 4 shots on target 4 goals for Leeds..
  • Just heard someone say they only had 4 shots on target? I can believe it. We should have been comfortably winning by half time. Don't even know where to start with the ref. Leeds fouled, cheated and time wasted their way to victory. Their players should be embarrassed.
  • Most appalling refereeing I think I've ever seen. Made 'Arry look like a honest man. Would've been good for a point at least otherwise.
  • Ref didn't sound like he had a great game, should've had a stonewall pen on Church before theirs.
  • We retreated into our shell after they scored their third, really could have got a point there.
  • We desperately need to address our lack of goals , it's starting to become embarrassing.

On the plus side we had plenty of possession, unfortunately they had complete twat of a ref as their twelfth man.
  • Well, those moaning about the lack of goals and entertainment at The Valley, got exactly that.
    Careful what you ask for.

CP might have preferred a clean sheet and a point perhaps?

• We have played worse and won games before. I think it was a good performance from the team. Hamer needs some time out though
  • Absolutely gutted. 2 shit pieces if defending, 1 penalty and a cracking free kick. Leeds were disinterested and wanted to time waste.

If only the ref had a better view of the the church foul in the first half. He got our penalty shout wrong. He was better placed for their penalty and spotted it.

Gutted with the result but cracking goal by Stewart. Will watch football league show tonight just for that.

Leeds fans on train right now seem to think they were the better side. Deluded
  • Huskaris said:

We have played worse and won games before. I think it was a good performance from the team. Hamer needs some time out though

On the basis of one game? We hadn't conceded for almost 8 hours before today.

• Sponsored links:

• Surprised at how Leeds scored 4 goals considering how poor they were. Also surprised by their management - time wasting at 1-0 up after 30 mins is pretty appalling. Anti-football team.

We played well first half. McCormack was on fire to be fair.

Appalling referee cost us
  • Bottom line is we havent got a goalscorer , unlike dirty leeds, we outplayed them for long periods , we just havent got a poacher in the box, and with our finances things aint gonna change.
  • Can't believe we lost that. Harriot clumsy for the pen and Hamer at fault for the third.

• We had nearly all the play, can't quite believe they scored 4. Really shows the difference having a top championship striker makes. I felt we were a worse team after Yann came on, more hopeful long balls, which was a shame after the decent football in the first half. Poor tackle for their penalty and totally unnecessary but enjoyed the rest of harriott's performance.
  • what price a Flanagan, Melrose, Leary, Killer or Summers now?
  • Not only do we not have a goalscorer but with our 2 wide men playing on the wrong wings there's too few decent crosses going in to the box
  • Without a goal scorer we are always going to struggle, regardless of how much possession we have in a game. The rest of the season could be interesting.
  • edited November 2013
    Didn't think Church's was a pen, but if he gives theirs then he has to give it.

Was more pissed off that he did nothing to stamp out the timewasting.

HT came 5mins too early. We had them properly on the rack and never really regained that intensity.

Hamer awful for the 3rd goal. Harriot has gone backwards.

Cracking freekick from McCormack.
  • What a bizarre game. Was far better than them, but they took their chances!
    Ref aided them incredibly, we should have had a pen for foul on church in first half and looked like foul for their pen was soft. Thats without mentioning the 2 non-fouls that led to their 3rd.
    On the subject of their 3rd, have to question why hamer has not ot come for a ball thats 3yrds from his goal, was very poor if you ask me.
    A lot of people have been asking for us to play with 2 wingers and why play Pritchard, well today explains why. We was incredibly exposed on the break, especially down our right with mccormack getting all 4 goals.

All in all a very dissapointing day, they were poor and there for the beating but a culmination of the ref and our silly mistakes (and a few kenny wonder saves to be fair) robbed is.

People will say the lads tried hard and gave their all, which they did, but they only had to because of their own mistakes.
  • Shit ref hate Leeds hamer needs to be dropped
  • Sponsored links:

• It's all or nothing with us - 5 games unbeaten & tight as a gnat's chuff at the back then we ship 4 at home - all scored by one bloke. QPR up next which we will probably win 5-0 with a Ben Hamer hattrick for good measure....
  • Cracking game ruined by poor referee and once again away fans allowed in the boxes behind us. Stewards did nothing again and again its the Bexley Times box so with an 8 year old I have gobby northerers behind me and gobby Charlton fans in front of me goading each other. Good job I didn't try to smuggle in a can of coke, worse than flares they are.

A good game and we played quite well I felt 4-2 does not reflect the story of the game but credit where its due to McCormack for taking his chances and Paddy Kenny's 2 great saves.

• Gutted, can't believe we lost let alone 2-4. Can't bear the thought of 3200 deluded twats from Leeds going home thinking they played well. They were time wasting after 30 mins at 1-0. Do you think they practice their rather distasteful approach to the game in training? Leaves a very bad taste. May be it's the taste of sour grapes, but I don't think so
  • Huskaris said:

We have played worse and won games before. I think it was a good performance from the team. Hamer needs some time out though

Were you at the Blackburn and Birmingham games ? Hamer was excellent in both.
  • I think powelly got it terribly wrong today. 4-5-1 with harriott on the right wing was sadly too defensive and too WRONG. They were there for the taking, we had no attack
  • No way a pen. Harriott got there first, their bloke fell over as they tended to do. Not sure their bloke even appealed.
  • Trying to not let heart rule head but they are a nasty side who conned a very insipid ref and took poor sportsmanship to a new level. Same happened v Wigan but they didn't punish us.
    Three free kicks...Wilson got pulled in for the first, Hamer was clueless for e second and McCormack found the only part of the goal at he could. And a penalty that was pretty clear cut for me as Harriott got the wrong side.

So I'm not deflated but that game was there for the taking and I think we went for it and our effort and commitment couldn't be faulted. Wiggins was quality and the rest were decent enough.

Beer o'clock.
  • mrbligh said:

I think powelly got it terribly wrong today. 4-5-1 with harriott on the right wing was sadly too defensive and too WRONG. They were there for the taking, we had no attack

The problem is what's the alternative ? 442 with a half fit Yann or ineffective Sordell with Church ?

I guess it's easy to say it was wrong in hindsight but starting with two real wingers (rather than one and Pritchard) and JJ pushed up is probably as attacking as we could be.
  • The result would be very different if we had Paddy Kenny and they had Ben Hamer.
  • Kermy said:

The result would be very different if we had Paddy Kenny and they had Ben Hamer.

It would've been 3-3.