Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Nottm Forest - Post match views

edited October 2013 in General Charlton
Sounded a big improvement, and great character to come back from an early setback.

Look forward to hearing from those there

Comments

• Would've taken a point before the game...but now gutted we didn't go on to get 3. Deserved the win, but the performance should lift spirits somewhat

Also glad Sordell got on the scoresheet.
  • Second half I thought we were excellent and really could have got three points-much improved
  • Got to push on from this on Saturday. What is it with the top sides that makes us up our game and effort.

Well done Addicks!
  • if this team can get a draw and almost snatch a win against a team tipped for top 6 then once solly kermo and cort are fit things will be much better and we will turn this around, got a feeling kermy will be in the 17 Saturday.
  • Now that's more like it a battling 2nd half deserved a victory incredible transformation from the second half at Burnley
  • if this team can get a draw and almost snatch a win against a team tipped for top 6 then once solly kermo and cort are fit things will be much better and we will turn this around, got a feeling kermy will be in the 17 Saturday.

And Jackson !
  • Why can't we put that sort of effort in against the scum?
  • Why can't we put that sort of effort in against the scum?

It's all I really want before I shuffle off my Addick supporting mortal coil mate. Totally
  • Much better play positive get positive results. Unlucky not to get all 3. Well done charlton and Powell.
  • We needed that point - sounded a much improved performance.

This season could go like last year, with every team capable of beating every other team and of course losing to them as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Somebody clone Jordan Cousins

That is all :-)
  • Second half was much better and is a platform to build from. Still not having it that we played well in the first half.

Thought Wood helped, proper no-nonsense performance.
  • Swisdom said:

Somebody clone Jordan Cousins

Excellent wasn't he, even in the first half.
  • Positiviley gutted.
  • What was the formation?
  • I take it Cousins played right-side midfield in a 4-4-2?
  • There are times in your life when you are very proud to be n addick

Forest had 2000 plus as a rough guest and should have destroyed us tonight on and off the pitch

Covered end were magnificent and I did my best I the east but the team whilst clearly inferior we superb tonight, second half we bossed it

Hamer was shit, again, other than that we were great well done the boys
  • If anyone had doubts that the crowd can influence the team's performance, today must surely have dispelled them. Great game, great crowd. Really should have won it.

Not sure how Hamer got beaten by a free kick in that position and thought his long punts forward were pointless, but seemed less frequent in the second half.

Cousins excellent and good offensive play from Stephens.

Sordell was a different player after the goal. He was soooo frustrating in the first half....when short of confidence, the one thing you have to do is work hard and that wasn't happening. After the goal, he was lively and worked really hard on closing down their defence.
  • WSSWSS
    edited October 2013
    4-1-2-1-2

It worked. Spot on tactics from Powell that created plenty of space on the pitch to express ourselves.

Stephens, Cousins and Wood stood out for me. Once the confidence came back we played some nice touch.

How we didn't score in that multi-chance moment I'll never know. Good performance that we simply have to build on.
  • ozaddick said:

What was the formation?

A midfield 'diamond' got a mention or two on twitter.

Harriott playing centrally behind the strikers. Gower at the base, Cousins and Stephens in between.

I didn't see the game so can't confirm it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Somebody clone Jordan Cousins

No, somebody give him a contract
  • ozaddick said:

What was the formation?

A midfield 'diamond' got a mention or two on twitter.

Harriott playing centrally behind the strikers. Gower at the base, Cousins and Stephens in between.

I didn't see the game so can't confirm it.
    Thanks paddy
  • Cousins is going to be some player, first time I've seen him. Stephens was very good too. Everyone worked hard, thought we deserved the win more than they did, Covered End were tremendous.
  • I heard about the name cousins on here years ago and I can see what the fuss is about. Class player. Need to sign him for the long term.

What a turnaround. The team were immense and deserved all 3 points.
  • ozaddick said:

What was the formation?

ozaddick said:

What was the formation?

4-1-3-2 with Cousins protecting back 4. He looked best player on pitch by a mile. Nobody from club read Tutt-Tutt's analysis. Very threatening from corners and our FBs didnt push up on theirs. Wood bought ball out well. Sordell starting to look like a player. Long periods of ping pong in their box from 40 minutes.
  • Works hard, but Churchys finishing is just shocking. Stephens, Cousins and Wood standouts for me. Hamer beaten by the obligatory 30 yard 'wonder goal' yet again. Others are attempting to raise their game, Hamer still lagging.
  • One of the worst 20 minutes I have ever seen from Charlton. Followed by an average 15, followed by a fantastic 55 minutes.

Genuinely deserved 3 points.

Reid showed us what we have missed (but didn't we know it)

9/10 players in Wilson's position would have slammed that 500 ft over the bar, credit to him for squaring it.

Cousins will be keeping Pritchard out the team at this rate.

Hughes made an absolutely fantastic cameo, massively contributed to the team, and you could see how much he wanted it.

Most importantly, next time you watch a game that Kermorgant isn't playing in, look at how often the ball gets punted forward and we win it, it just doesn't happen, it's more or less pointless, all of our best plays were through the wings or low on the ground through the middle, never through punt ups.
  • Maybe I should have a moan on here at half time every week, what a difference 15 mins makes and a bit of bollocks, grabbed it with two hands and looking a different side second half, pleasing to see we can up our game, need to press on from here on and off the field. Reid for them was different gear. But stopped the usually influential lands bury and chalobah well done cousins and Stephens on that front. Not keen on gower looked better when Hughes replaced him. Made me eats my words second half well done boys
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 1m
    Billy Davies: We didn't look ourselves but that takes nothing away from the home team. They were excellent and deserve all the credit.
  • We were brilliant 2nd half. Really good game. Much better. Lots of positives to take from that. Cousins is gonna be a superb player!!