Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 1 October 2024 | Match Preview

12346»

Comments

• Just arrived as the team decanted the bus. Good news was that Miles is here. Bad news was that the body language was dreadful. All looked as though they had all had a barny, or a roasting, not sure why obviously.
    It was amusing when Nathan Jones was stopped by security and had to rely on us vouching for him. Miserable sod didn't thank us though 😀
  • Was actually quite hopeful until I saw the line up!

• Why drop Ramsay for Watson? 
    He does get forward more but infinitely worse as a defender.
    Giving him a breather ahead of the Birmingham game?
    Giving him a breather ahead of the Birmingham game?
    Ahadme back?! Not good enough FA!!!
  • as an aside, Wrexham play at Stevenage tonight, a home win would not especially surprise me
  • edited October 1
    Why drop Ramsay for Watson? 
    Doesn't make any sense to me, unless we are changing something fundamentally to the way we line up i.e. 4 at the back, rather than 3. Can't imagine NJ will do this, but it will be interesting to see how we line up.

More likely is that it is a straight swap for Watson at WB, which is a downgrade imo. Watson offers nothing going forward.
  • Will Mannion, Lloyd Jones and Conor Coventry now the 3 Charlton Athletic to start every league game so far this season, after Kayne Ramsay has been relegated to the substitutes bench for tonight’s League One fixture v Bristol Rovers 
  • That starting 11 really doesn’t feel me with confidence, hopefully Jones knows something we don’t. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Genuinely abroad, paid but not getting the stream -anyone  else in same position?
  • Youth tax for Karoy Anderson, couldn’t lace Albies boots
  • NJ is not afraid to send messages out to anyone is he?

Small, Docherty, and now Ramsay all taken out of the team and yet he continues to go with Ahadme the moment he’s available.

Not sure I get his thinking at all but let’s just hope it works out for us tonight and we have 3 points coming home to take into the weekend.
  • the line up pretty much reverts to the line up for the first games of the season except for Watson and Anderson .. i m o this line up looks pretty strong .. as ever, we will see .. great to see Leaburn on the bench
  • Ahadme is obviously the company man, good in the management meetings 
  • edited October 1
    th0rryy said:
    Why drop Ramsay for Watson? 
    Doesn't make any sense to me, unless we are changing something fundamentally to the way we line up i.e. 4 at the back, rather than 3. Can't imagine NJ will do this, but it will be interesting to see how we line up.

More likely is that it is a straight swap for Watson at WB, which is a downgrade imo. Watson offers nothing going forward.
    Jones said something in his interview about having a big squad and needing to rotate. Ramsay is a key player, and will need to be on it for Brum on Saturday. 
    Am I right in thinking we’re only starting with two attacking players? The wing backs don’t get forward much, and Berry arriving late in the box is the only other morsel of attacking intent. 
  • edited October 1
    Tennai Watson is average. Ramsey has arguably been one of our best players so far this season. Don't get that at all. 

Ahadme will be played because we spent good money on him. 

Glad TC is starting, most dangerous player all season. Anderson is too raw to be making regular features for us, IMO. 

Defense aside, it just doesn't look like a very strong team. Starting to wonder if it's been a misspent summer. 
  • Genuinely abroad, paid but not getting the stream -anyone  else in same position?
    sorry forgot I'm 1 hour ahead!
    As you're an hour ahead of us, how are we playing?
    Sorry got to connect the flux capacitor to the Town hall clock and drive at exactly 108mph  to get back to the start of the game before I disappear
  • Sponsored links:

sorry forgot I'm 1 hour ahead!
    As you're an hour ahead of us, how are we playing?
    Sorry got to connect the flux capacitor to the Town hall clock and drive at exactly 108mph  to get back to the start of the game before I disappear
    Great Scott!!
  • Leuth said:
    Given our start to the season and our relative league position it is amazing how gloomy and pessimistic a lot of us are.
    But it is not surprising when nobody knows how or where our goals are coming from.
    Worldies and tap-ins don't come regularly enough and set piece goals virtually never.
    There is no evident,consistent attacking plan that is resulting in attempts on target, which we can be confident will bear fruit at some point.
    There is almost an air of desperation from the fans to get Leaburn back in the side, simply because we know Miles is capable of creating an opening for himself with his strength and skill.
    The Dixon child enigma is an even more desperate hope.
    Tonight I hope for a back to basics defensive shut-out.
    Beyond that I have no idea and what depresses me is I am not sure the team do.
    Nathan?
    Oh god please no. It's gotten to the point where I'd rather we lose 4-3 than draw 0-0
    There he is, get him! 
  • We are just what Rovers need to stop their losses - a team with no creativity & no eye for goal. I expect the match to go as follows......

We start off brightly and have the better of the first 20 mins. We don't score at let Rovers back into it. They score after 40 mins & then dominate the 2nd half, scoring a 2nd on 63 mins & a 3rd on 72. We pull one back on 85 mins & have faint hope of somehow getting a draw. But it all fizzles out & we end up with REG & Mitchell up front. 

3-1. 
    So near but yet so far.

I'll have another go on Friday for Saturday's match.