Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 1 October 2024 | Match Preview

Comments

• ross1 said:
    I am hoping, as before, that those who are fortunate to watch the game, would some of you put information of the game on match day thread for those, like me, who are not watching. I thank you know, but please those that put exclamation remarks like "FFS" or similar, it is worrying but not always what I think.
    Once again, I and possibly others, rely on you. 👍😁
    Out of interest, why are you not watching?

Genuine question. I have been wondering why people might still follow match threads live - especially for mid week games where anybody can legally get a stream.
    I cannot put you out of your misery, but I have a good reason, say no more than that.
    As a season ticket holder for many years, partly during our top league days, I do miss seeing them live, perhaps one day 🥴
  • I don't know what swithering means
  • When Leaburn starts, and doubt if its tonight, i would like Kanu to play with him ...
    Godden myself, eye for a goal. Got to see Leaburn soon. Hopefully tonight.

• When Leaburn starts, and doubt if its tonight, i would like Kanu to play with him ...
    I know what you mean, as when they've played together in the first team previously, they've had a really good understanding together

Although at the moment Kanu does need to do better to get game time, he's probably helping himself by the fact that he's the best forward player for us that'll run and press the opposition - But thats not good enough on its own sadly.
  • ross1 said:
    I am hoping, as before, that those who are fortunate to watch the game, would some of you put information of the game on match day thread for those, like me, who are not watching. I thank you know, but please those that put exclamation remarks like "FFS" or similar, it is worrying but not always what I think.

Genuine question. I have been wondering why people might still follow match threads live - especially for mid week games where anybody can legally get a stream.
    Where can you get a stream tonight? It's on Sky, which I don't have.
  • edited October 1
    ross1 said:

Can watch by purchasing the stream on CharltonTV, although you will need a VPN
  • ross1 said:

I don't think that is quite right (the in the UK bit).

• ross1 said:

Took the prudent step of adding Sky Sports + to my Virgin Media pack, so live stream of midweek games and plenty of live tennis.
  • The Addicks face Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Stadium on Tuesday night and fans outside of the UK and Ireland can watch all of the action live on CharltonTV (KO 7.45pm BST).

Nathan Jones' team are targeting a return to winning ways following successive losses against Blackpool and Stevenage.

CharltonTV will be streaming every kick of the action live for overseas supporters, with commentary from Terry Smith, Greg Stubley and Steve Brown.

• A Bristol Rovers v Charlton live stream match pass, which is priced at £10 (international only)

• ross1 said:

What's a VPN?
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-0 to us, and optimism will reign supreme until 20 minutes in on Saturday.
  • I mean…. They did say October for Miles.
  • Not sure what to expect tonight, but both teams dismal of late,  and very possibly they'll both settle for 0-0.

Rovers play 3 at the back, with wing backs, Luke Thomas occasionally causing problems down the right. Mola is handy at the back and probably too good for L1. Two holding, Ward and perhaps Conteh or Lindsay. Then a 10 - Sotiriou is in favour, and then O'Donkor or perhaps Omochere up top. Saying that I think it was more 4-4-2 on Saturday with Sousa and Taylor - though the latter is struggling for form despite his abilities. 

They are susceptible to late wobbles, and the Gas mass will get nervy unless they are way out in front on 80 minutes, which is unlikely - so I imagine if it is to be won, perhaps a dull stalemate for 85 mins and a late winner...

Is Chuks available for another cameo?
  • Ps Keep the ball off Scott Sinclairs twinkle toes and Rovers don't have a lot of creativity. However,  if he has space and the ball at his feet, he is, at about 100 years old, still a danger.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Talal said:
    With the under 21s playing this afternoon, if Leaburn and Dixon are not playing may indicate they will be involved tonight. Fingers crossed on both counts, we need something different going forward.
    Dixon playing but Leaburn not involved. 
    Pretty predictable. Dixon is not the saviour. He's just a .... boy.
    Giving it all away.
  • Ps Keep the ball off Scott Sinclairs twinkle toes and Rovers don't have a lot of creativity. However,  if he has space and the ball at his feet, he is, at about 100 years old, still a danger.
    At least they have someone with that bit of higher level class on the ball.
  • edited October 1
  • edited October 1
  • edited October 1
    Edited - apparently Opera VPN has some significant security issues so is no longer recommended, apologies.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

What's a VPN?
    I don't think anyone has answered your question. So a ham fisted attempt is that a VPN enables you to hide your computers location and enables you to identify your location as another country . This allows you to sign up for services such as Charlton TV matches as the Charlton server will recognise your location as that of where you have chosen.

Sorry not very clear, but I'm not technical. Charlton have a tie up with Nord VPN that gives you a discount. A link to Nords explanation is below 
    https://nordvpn.com/offer/what-is-a-vpn/?vpn=generic&nc=G-SR-GB-EN-VPN-SRC-Info-What-22/47-D-(WW)-GBP-&ns=google&nm=cpc&nt=what%20is%20a%20vpn&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu-63BhC9ARIsAMMTLXTmLtHQwnuPWL3Ub9Dy3IOpwxs5TjIpJ5IW4ftfJg6uQ_EHIVfElD8aAkcsEALw_wcB
  • seth plum said:
    ross1 said:

Yeah I got the UK bit very wrong, is why I edited it, as initially presumed being a midweek game, that it would be available to UK viewers like previous seasons
  • Worrying times. Rock bottom Rovers are there to be beaten but our record aside from the one thumping is poor. Taylor will look for favours from us and I am sure we will oblige. Three on the spin, 2-0 to Rovers.
  • seth plum said:
    ross1 said:

Yeah I got the UK bit very wrong, is why I edited it, as initially presumed being a midweek game, that it would be available to UK viewers like previous seasons
    The only "official" way of doing it is through Now TV (Sky sports, basically) and that's £14.99 for a 24 hr pass.  Taking the piss.
  • edited October 1
    seth plum said:
    ross1 said:

The only "official" way of doing it is through Now TV (Sky sports, basically) and that's £14.99 for a 24 hr pass.  Taking the piss.
    And the main unofficial way, if in the UK, is £10 on charlton tv but using a vpn..

I am hoping for a free internet link where I take my chances with a barrage of annoying pop ups and virus threats- doing other things at the same time so as not to regret watching garbage.

0-0 draw my prediction, fwiw.
  • Just arrived as the team decanted the bus. Good news was that Miles is here. Bad news was that the body language was dreadful. All looked as though they had all had a barny, or a roasting, not sure why obviously.
    Oo, matron !!
  • 2-0 to Bristol Rovers - a solid win. We have one shot on target.
  • Just arrived as the team decanted the bus. Good news was that Miles is here. Bad news was that the body language was dreadful. All looked as though they had all had a barny, or a roasting, not sure why obviously.
    Were there women on the coach 🤗