Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 1 October 2024 | Match Preview

Comments

• Not sure I have seen any sign of attempt to play more expensively as mentioned above by siv _in_ norfolk
  • Dixon playing for the U21's but no Miles so hopefully he's on the bench tonight
  • Expansively
  • Something feels wrong when you can foresee any of the three outcomes - win, draw, loss. I think it’s a crucial game to either win or play well and draw. I’m swithering on what to predict. 
  • Something feels wrong when you can foresee any of the three outcomes - win, draw, loss. I think it’s a crucial game to either win or play well and draw. I’m swithering on what to predict. 
    Oh so like a normal game then
  • Talal said:
    With the under 21s playing this afternoon, if Leaburn and Dixon are not playing may indicate they will be involved tonight. Fingers crossed on both counts, we need something different going forward.
    Dixon playing but Leaburn not involved. 
    Would imagine Leaburn on the bench tonight then.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 1
    I thought I heard Jones say Leaburn wasn't available last game. Picked up a knock? 
  • AndyG said:
    win tonight and we can pass the last 2 results as a blip ! lose and we have a problem
    As I see it
  • Croydon said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Talal said:
    With the under 21s playing this afternoon, if Leaburn and Dixon are not playing may indicate they will be involved tonight. Fingers crossed on both counts, we need something different going forward.
    Pretty predictable. Dixon is not the saviour. He's just a .... boy.
    I doubt we'll see much of him this season, if at all. I'd always thought that we signed him for the U21s to try and develop him, and possibly have him ready for first team football next season onwards.
    Or to deflect from the overall lack of signings at the end of the window? 😉
  • timken said:
    Not sure I have seen any sign of attempt to play more expensively as mentioned above by siv _in_ norfolk
    E.g. REG in for Mitchell was supposed to be to allow us to play out better 
  • I'm expecting a horrible game that we might nick 1-0

I will, however, be watching from behind the sofa.
  • Wish I thought differently but I can’t see past another defeat because we can’t score.
  • I thought I'd watch the stream 10 quid last year, 15 quid now.
  • edited October 1
    JamesSeed said:
    Talal said:
    Pretty predictable. Dixon is not the saviour. He's just a .... boy.
    Anyone building him up in their minds as a saviour for the first team was being very silly. I can see him being very good but it’s going to take a little bit of time for the kid to adjust. He was not bought in to impact the first team immediately.
  • I am hoping, as before, that those who are fortunate to watch the game, would some of you put information of the game on match day thread for those, like me, who are not watching. I thank you know, but please those that put exclamation remarks like "FFS" or similar, it is worrying but not always what I think.
    Once again, I and possibly others, rely on you. 👍😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Not very scientific but the missus and I rely on the Ornithological prediction method for results. Basically, we need to see a Robin and two Magpies before a game to guarantee a win. This morning we saw 1 Robin and 5 Magpies. An easy win for us!!
    In a similar vein, I accidentally stepped on 3 pavement cracks this morning on the way to work which never works out well for Charlton 
  • I thought I'd watch the stream 10 quid last year, 15 quid now.
    Is that UK as well? 
  • One thing I've noticed in recent weeks is how we've seemingly abandoned the "Press the opposition to death" philosophy. I remember, throughout pre-season, we were set up to press the entire game, waiting to pounce on every goal kick. 

I thought, "Okay, we don't have much quality on the ball but at least we're fitter than everyone else". Even after the Bolton game, all the talk was "We look so much fitter, we get stronger as the game goes on". It was what our entire game plan/mentality was based on. 

I have no idea what's happened, but we don't even look bothered anymore, so now we're just a poor-quality team that barely presses. 
    That’s been a big surprise to me, we’ve been so passive and sat off teams, especially away from home. 

I think it’s hard against some teams, like Stevenage there is no point doing it as they won’t even try and play out. 

Will be interesting to see if we go for it against Birmingham, but they might be so good that they play through it. Wigan played through it pretty well, and Birmingham did outside of a shaky 20 minutes in the cup. Think we do need to go back to it though as otherwise what kind of team even are we? 
  • I think against Stevenage we were happy for them to have the ball as they would come forward and creat space behind, we failed to exploit it though
  • Same here Valley11. I reckon 0-2. I'm hoping Leaburn as a sub and scores.
  • edited October 1
    ross1 said:
    I am hoping, as before, that those who are fortunate to watch the game, would some of you put information of the game on match day thread for those, like me, who are not watching. I thank you know, but please those that put exclamation remarks like "FFS" or similar, it is worrying but not always what I think.
    Once again, I and possibly others, rely on you. 👍😁
    Out of interest, why are you not watching?

Genuine question. I have been wondering why people might still follow match threads live - especially for mid week games where anybody can legally get a stream.
  • I mean comes on as a sub! on a bus and got bouncy fingers..
    'swithering'
    Brilliant, well played.
  • When Leaburn starts, and doubt if its tonight, i would like Kanu to play with him ...