Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic v Blackpool: Saturday 21st September 2024: KO 15:00

Comments

• Still 4th

Take it easy.

Bounce back next game. 
    6 teams below us have a game in hand. Our real position is probably 7th or 8th. 

We have 2 away games & then 4 very tough matches. We are already 1 point below the "2 points a game" mantra. Unless we start producing football that ends in us scoring goals then I can't see us keeping pace with the front runners for too much longer. 

Sorry, but selling Alfie May & bringing in players to play a system that produces very little is not looking very good atm. 
    We should check Birmingham's bench and see if there's any players on there who could...oh.
  • Blatteresque performance.......... Are referees tested for drugs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Still 4th

Take it easy.

Bounce back next game. 

We have 2 away games & then 4 very tough matches. We are already 1 point below the "2 points a game" mantra. Unless we start producing football that ends in us scoring goals then I can't see us keeping pace with the front runners for too much longer. 

Sorry, but selling Alfie May & bringing in players to play a system that produces very little is not looking very good atm. 
    Haha... I do love CharltonLife, when these classic lines such as our real position in the League gets trotted out
    This finally proves you are a WUM. Unless you think teams playing a game in hand wont produce any points. 

• Nicholas said:
    Another manager coming in and putting all his eggs in one basket for one formation only. These useless idiots will never learn. We have signed shit from Swindon didn’t work. Still signing shit from Ipswich doesn’t work. Now signing shit from
    luton doesn’t fucking work.  Something that worked for jones 3-4 years ago doesn’t mean they are gonna be any good this tome
    around. Pants managers with no clue. 
    We went from 3-5-2 to 4-3-3 today, with the switch in formation bringing us back into the game, whilst it was one of those "Luton" signings who got us back into the game?
    And we don’t have the players to play 4-3-3 ffs. Mis match of shit ffs. I’m not getting into arguments with you again you prove every season you ain’t got a clue ffs 
  • If the wing backs are not supplying anything and on a day when the midfield (except Coventry) decide to go awol then we really don't stand a chance.

Nathan certainly has a few issues at present as there appears to be  nobody that can simply put there foot on the ball and make a perfect pass. 

Onto Stevenage next who by the way had no shots on goal today so that augers well! 

Expect a few changes but as an aside I met a couple of Hull Season ticket holders this week who were less than complementary about Docherty....
    I even think they felt sorry for us!

Let's hope Nathan can sort this but it's looking at this early stage that you need some serious money to get out of this league and for all the hype I don't think some of signings have been exactly marquee. 

Still, only 10 more wins needed for safety! 

Sorry... Couldn't resist after today's debacle. 

• Still 4th

Take it easy.

Bounce back next game. 

Haha... I do love CharltonLife, when these classic lines such as our real position in the League gets trotted out
    This finally proves you are a WUM. Unless you think teams playing a game in hand wont produce any points. 
    Damnit... You've got me
  • My worry is that our approach to both home and away fixtures seems to be quite similar. Away I'm ok with just keeping it tight and trying to nick a goal, don't think there's a problem with that approach as the variability in conditions can make it difficult to play good football. 

At home though we need to be more expansive, we can't just have the starting XI there to not concede and wear the opposition down, waiting for the subs to actually finish the job. We need to be front footed for 90 minutes.

I think at home either we give the wingbacks more licence to get forward or change the shape. 
  • Still 4th

Take it easy.

Bounce back next game. 

Two of those teams face each other in their game in hand, one of them plays the Blackpool team who just beat us, another plays Birmingham and Lincoln play Northampton who are currently 12th. Obviously doesn't work this way as they aren't all played at once but I'd expect us still to be in the playoffs if all those fixtures were played this midweek.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big dose of charlton disappointment even though I fully expected a defeat.  Sheer effort and defensive qualities (absent today) aren't enough. We got done by a footballing side and expect it to happen again and again. 

The one silver lining Morgan to score and Blackpool to win @16/1. And I have already spent my winnings on a hot dog and cup of tea.
  • Footballs a simple game, you play your best 11, that starting line up was not our best 11. I get it’s a squad that wins promotion but you use a squad for game management. Jones got it wrong today. 
  • Only bright thing about the match was Albie Morgan 1st goal scorer @18-1 B)
  • Utter drivel 

Have a nice evening 
  • LoOkOuT said:
    I’m not sure what Captain Docherty does.
    I think he almost got a pigeon with a shot in the first half.