Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aug 2024 Transfer Window Deadline Day Thread

edited August 30 in General Charlton
Let’s try keeping this as a one stop for all transfer window chat (Charlton / Non-Charlton) ahead of tomorrow’s window close 

Comments

• Jones on Edwards as we sadly expected.'Josh] is the only one, really, who’s a little bit more mid-term. He has a positive mindset. He has a desire to get back very quickly and, god willing, he will do that.”
  • We still absolutely need to sign a left sided centre back. To not do so would be a huge risk as we’d be a Gillesphey injury away from being in trouble 
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    We still absolutely need to sign a left sided centre back. To not do so would be a huge risk as we’d be a Gillesphey injury away from being in trouble 
    Possibly, but plenty of good LCBs haven’t been left footed. 
    And although they’re not easy to find, Exeter managed to sign a very good one. Tristan Crama, signed from Brentford (on loan, I think). 
  • A transfer wibble page yeh!

Thanks AFKA
  • JamesSeed said:
    NabySarr said:
    We still absolutely need to sign a left sided centre back. To not do so would be a huge risk as we’d be a Gillesphey injury away from being in trouble 
    Possibly, but plenty of good LCBs haven’t been left footed. 
    And although they’re not easy to find, Exeter managed to sign a very good one. Tristan Crama, signed from Brentford (on loan, I think). 
    They don’t have to be left footed, but are any of our current options good enough to play out there? I wouldn’t be that confident in any of them, REG did it a bit in pre-season but I think we definitely need to sign someone more comfortable playing there 
  • fenaddick said:
    My reading of that: we're not actively looking at specific players and working on any deals but not ruling out a bit more business should something fall into place.
  • NabySarr said:
    Potts does not need to be signed by tomorrow night gives us more time to try and find common ground regarding wages .. 
  • NabySarr said:
    Potts does not need to be signed by tomorrow night gives us more time to try and find common ground regarding wages .. 
    Is that not a bit risky though? What if we don’t end up signing him and then we end up short? 
  • Shall we take bets on who takes the thread off piste first or have I already done that?
  • In an ideal world our Deadline Day business will primarily see the likes of Scott Fraser either finding a loan move, or having his contract settled
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Fraser and TT out and a LCB and CM in would round the window off very nicely 
  • Oh for the days of Nile John and David Davis and trying to convince yourself that they surely can't be as useless as they seem

Juan Castillo coming in from Chelsea and hoping it was just a bad Birmingham side.... Think he made 2 appearances?
  • NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    Is that not a bit risky though? What if we don’t end up signing him and then we end up short? 
    I think from the players point of view, it's a question of 'I think I'm worth this' that only works so far, as a free agent Pott's does have a bit of leeway, in the case of Fraser, unless he takes a cut in wages, he won't be going back to bonnie Scotland for a year and will probably become a bit more attractive to Scottish clubs at that point because he would be a free agent. What Fraser and Potts have to weigh up is how much their earning potential is affected by long term inactivity and in Potts case, his recent injuries. Personally, if what Potts is asking for now is outside of Charlton's structure then I wouldn't want to sign him even if we knocked him down. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I think Fraser and TT out and a LCB and CM in would round the window off very nicely 
    This. I have faith in Mannion and any No.2 now has to be better than Ash, and I am still hopeful he'll come good. So 2 in and 2 out would be great, Edun won't be sold now with Edwards being injured I'd assume
  • I'd still like another experienced keeper
    Agree with this, while Mannion hasn't done anything wrong so far he's also not had much to do, I wouldn't say he's 'saved' us a goal yet through a worldie save or faced and collected constant balls into the box, so for me he's still as unproven as he was when we signed him as back up.

So keeper is still on my wishlist, although with the luck we've had so far trying to sign one I'm not confident we'll suddenly find a suitable one in the next 24 hours.

At least it's only on my wish list though rather than my definitely need list, which is a nice change of pace from prior windows.
  • PWR. Think Potts will sign. Hopefully Fraser and Taylor will leave permanently. Also think there will be another one coming in.