Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    If this is true that's a massive decision by Jones and takes king Kong sized balls to make. I really don't know what to make of all this tbh, but we better hit the ground running otherwise the locals will be restless (once again).
    Assuming it is a decision by Jones...
    Decision has the whiff of Andy Scott to me.
    Nothing to do with Scott now …. Been told many times including last night that all ins and outs are down to Nathan Jones 
    What they say and what actually happens may not be the same thing! Do we believe a word the SMT say?
  • Options
    The Udders are now revolting (in more ways than one) against Cawley after his tweet about no fee agreed, they just want him to fu*k off, and say he is just towing the club line...😂
    Does Rich work for the club? lol!

Confused GIF - Unsure Confused LookingAround - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Options
    edited June 28
    YTS1978 said:
    If this is true that's a massive decision by Jones and takes king Kong sized balls to make. I really don't know what to make of all this tbh, but we better hit the ground running otherwise the locals will be restless (once again).
    Assuming it is a decision by Jones...
    Decision has the whiff of Andy Scott to me.
    Nothing to do with Scott now …. Been told many times including last night that all ins and outs are down to Nathan Jones 
    What they say and what actually happens may not be the same thing! Do we believe a word the SMT say?
    Nathan has said it himself a couple of times. 

He even pre warned about unpopular decisions but need to trust him. 
  • Options
    The Udders are now revolting (in more ways than one) against Cawley after his tweet about no fee agreed, they just want him to fu*k off, and say he is just towing the club line...😂
    Does Rich work for the club? lol!

Confused GIF - Unsure Confused LookingAround - Discover  Share GIFs
    Here's what they say...
    He can’t be that good if he’s just a proxy/mouthpiece for the club. ‘Appreciate they are reliant on relationships to broker information, but that’s not journalism. That’s propoganda.

Better to say nothing in such circumstances than spout shite (as it appears).

you gotta laugh..😂
  • Options
    Wish I had a mattress shop in SE7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Honestly now, this forum is full of adults....players come and go!  :D There is nothing that can be done and you might not like it but you have to get on with it. 

We have to see what the club up there sleeve. It might surprise us.

Either way, I am sure NJ has a plan and for now, that's good enough for me. 

People are upset that their favourite player is heading out the door and I understand that. We’ve all experience it, quite often, as Charlton fans.

I personally struggle to feel any heart break over losing any League One player. 

The last player I was truly gutted about leaving was Joe Aribo because I knew he was going to be a Premier League player at some point.
    I get that and I dont want to see him go but the reaction to him leaving is so OTT. 

Ref the Aribo line...Scott Parker for me. Oh and Darren Bent. 
  • Options
    IF he leaves (and still a big IF) then from last season we have lost 31 league goals from just May & CBT. Of the players here for next season their tally was 19 - with Kanu scoring 6 & Leaburn 3. Obviously Leaburn didnt play much & hopefully he'll have a much bigger part to play this season, but nethertheless we will have lost 62% of the goal from last season.

just saying.
  • Options
    Piss poor for 750k with there being a % back to Cheltenham
  • Options
    I was told at 1520 Alfie is going Huddersfield...
  • Options
    Honestly now, this forum is full of adults....players come and go!  :D There is nothing that can be done and you might not like it but you have to get on with it. 

What is all this snobbery about how an adult should feel over Charlton related activity? 

I spend a ridiculous amount of money following and watching Charlton, players like May and Dobson make those drives and shit journies home a bit more bearable. 

If people spend their hard earned, and are sacrificing their time and money to follow this club, it's perfectly acceptable for people to be pissed off when the club makes poor decisions

This lethargic approach of 'crying' 'grown adults' 'bed wetters' etc is a complete piss take. It's fans who give a shit about the team venting, all the sniping is proper frustrating to read. 
    That is how it looks like for you but come the end of the season if we makes play offs or god forbid, earn promotion, will it be poor then? 

Some of the reactions arent passion etc they are toys being thrown out the pram. 

One player doesnt make a team..ill say it again..I dont want him to leave but if he does then so be it.   
  • Options
    Perhaps we can buy Alfie back from Huddersfield next week for £1.25m at the same time as clinching a deal to get Dobbo.
    We well might do next January when the new manager wants some fresh faces up front  
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I was told at 1520 Alfie is going Huddersfield...
    And mum's going to Iceland. 
  • Options

What is all this snobbery about how an adult should feel over Charlton related activity? 

I spend a ridiculous amount of money following and watching Charlton, players like May and Dobson make those drives and shit journies home a bit more bearable. 

If people spend their hard earned, and are sacrificing their time and money to follow this club, it's perfectly acceptable for people to be pissed off when the club makes poor decisions. 

This lethargic approach of 'crying' 'grown adults' 'bed wetters' etc is a complete piss take. It's fans who give a shit about the team venting, all the sniping is proper frustrating to read. 
    Well said that man.
  • Options
    So with Alfie's wife a kids moving back up north, as that's were there from, what's saying he doesn't want to be down this way anymore and has asked to leave 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps we can buy Alfie back from Huddersfield next week for £1.25m at the same time as clinching a deal to get Dobbo.
    We well might do next January when the new manager wants some fresh faces up front  
    I make you right there should things go sideways on the pitch.
  • Options
    edited June 28
    Chunes said:

If people spend their hard earned, and are sacrificing their time and money to follow this club, it's perfectly acceptable for people to be pissed off when the club makes poor decisions. 

Yeah I have to say it's getting pretty tiresome that whenever people on this board show passion for the club or one of its players, they get accused of bed wetting, crying, not being a grown man, etc.

It's called having a passion. We're not armchair Man Utd fans. In Argentina, people cry when they score a goal! 

If you prefer to support from a more distanced place, by all means, but I don't see any need to try and humiliate others fans who are more invested. 
    There’s nothing dispassionate about taking the opposite approach to all this. I have watched almost every Charlton men’s, women’s, youth games that I possibly can. I have plenty of passion for CAFC.

Regarding what @Braziliance about the club making “poor decisions”. On the surface it does seem bonkers, but no one knows yet whether it’s a poor decision or a stroke of genius. Would it still be a poor decision if we get promoted and Huddersfield don’t?

It’s been quite clear from March / April that Jones hasn’t fancied Alfie. We don’t know why and I doubt we ever will. But he is the manager and he will live with the consequences of his decisions.

Everyone six months ago hated the model of players being forced on a manager and wanted the manager to be able to choose his squad. Now we have a manager with the remit to do it and the same people are upset because the manager doesn’t want the striker every fan loves.
    I didn't mean to imply that other fans are less passionate if they choose to communicate in a more distanced way. I'd hoped the takeaway from my post was that if your style of support is either/or, you shouldn't be criticised for it.
  • Options
    Sorry Braziliance, you are getting ahead of yourself! Calm down!! 
    When you know the correct and full  information, that is the time to express a valid concern. But keep up the excellent away videos. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Yeah I have to say it's getting pretty tiresome that whenever people on this board show passion for the club or one of its players, they get accused of bed wetting, crying, not being a grown man, etc.

It's called having a passion. We're not armchair Man Utd fans. In Argentina, people cry when they score a goal! 

If you prefer to support from a more distanced place, by all means, but I don't see any need to try and humiliate others fans who are more invested. 
    There’s nothing dispassionate about taking the opposite approach to all this. I have watched almost every Charlton men’s, women’s, youth games that I possibly can. I have plenty of passion for CAFC.

Regarding what @Braziliance about the club making “poor decisions”. On the surface it does seem bonkers, but no one knows yet whether it’s a poor decision or a stroke of genius. Would it still be a poor decision if we get promoted and Huddersfield don’t?

It’s been quite clear from March / April that Jones hasn’t fancied Alfie. We don’t know why and I doubt we ever will. But he is the manager and he will live with the consequences of his decisions.

Everyone six months ago hated the model of players being forced on a manager and wanted the manager to be able to choose his squad. Now we have a manager with the remit to do it and the same people are upset because the manager doesn’t want the striker every fan loves.
    I didn't mean to imply that other fans are less passionate if they choose to communicate in a more distanced way. I'd hoped the takeaway from my post was that if your style of support is either/or, you shouldn't be criticised for it.
    Apologies for misunderstanding - agree with your clarification. Just a touchy subject for me lately…
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I doubt if Jones will last the season if we are not challenging.
  • Options
    Can’t wait for my season ticket to arrive so I can cut it into a thousand pieces !
    Cut it into 750k pieces... :)