Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• lolwray said:
    There's a separate Alfie May thread ..why don't you all take your Alfie squabbles there ffs.
    There's a rumour he may be sold, don't believe this myself, but it's a rumour none the less, agree it is getting very repetitive in it's content, but that's the nature of the beast...🤷‍♂️
    Well it’s not just a rumour. There’s been a bid made which has been rejected and a subsequent bid if some rumours are to be believed 
  • When one of your players finished top scorer in the division and also has the record he has over the last few seasons it would be more surprising if the club didn’t have bids coming in ! They haven’t accepted yet so maybe he won’t go however if the price gets too good to refuse then we like most will sell. I love Alfie and want him to stay but I don’t think our season will be defined by him being here or not tbh 
  • lolwray said:
    There's a separate Alfie May thread ..why don't you all take your Alfie squabbles there ffs.
    There's a rumour he may be sold, don't believe this myself, but it's a rumour none the less, agree it is getting very repetitive in it's content, but that's the nature of the beast...🤷‍♂️
    Well it’s not just a rumour. There’s been a bid made which has been rejected and a subsequent bid if some rumours are to be believed 
    Confirmed by Cawley, no idea why eastterrace6168 thinks it's a rumour.
  • edited June 18
    lolwray said:
    Ok, so a bid has been rejected, and there may  be another bid, which by your own admission is just a rumour, but it all started as a rumour iirc... didn't it...
    I still don't think he will be sold and it will all be a waste of time all round...
  • edited June 19
    lolwray said:
    Confirmed by Cawley, no idea why eastterrace6168 thinks it's a rumour.
    Ok, so the bid is verified and correct by Cawley i agree, and there may be other bids, who knows, but until and if he is sold, it is still in the balance, I do tend to cling on to as many straws as I can.....🙄
  • sam3110 said:
    I think the issue is you can't just spend £5m without it having to be balanced a bit somewhere somehow. Whether that's through player sales, increased pricing on tickets, more commercial deals and sponsorships, or through adding it on as debt or writing it off as equity, it has to go somewhere. So maybe selling May for more than a million helps to balance the books in that way. 

Clubs can't just say "fuck it let's spend spend spend and to hell with the rules"
    I believe FFP is not applicable in Leagues 1 and 2.
  • shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Let’s face it, the squad hasn’t been good enough for last 3 seasons, and they included fan favourites, like it or not, they are haven’t been good enough for promotion, that is either ability or mentality or both! My comments not everyone will agree, but that is a fact. Personally I am excited by that changes behind the scenes, the attitude of jones, and the fact the clubs attitude is no one is bigger than the club.

negative people will always find holes they are not happy with.. this will be a good season, and will be a busy couple of weeks!
    We all HOPE next season will be a good season but none of us know.

Im a big fan of NJ and think in him we potentially have a very good fit for our club. I'm cautiously optimistic about next season, with or without May.

But that doesn't mean your two statements aren't contradictory, because clearly they are.

Either players CAN be improved and their performance and that of the team improved or they are to be judged only on the teams finishing position.

No amount of positivity from fans changes that.
    Positivity does have a huge impact on the way the team plays.. yes they need to give the crowd a lift, but negative atmosphere certainly impacts performance and players! 
    Don’t see how they are contradictory, facts are, the players haven’t been good enough, so doesn’t both me if they go, and the ones that stay, need to do better!

Season not even started and already telling those who go on how they should support
    That’s the attitude.. go to games, sit on your hands and moan all afternoon!! 
    You are in no position to lecture people on who once they pay their season ticket money, how they decide to conduct themselves once inside the stadium 
    Not forgetting the away fans who spend £150 plus on an 18 hours day.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    I keep reading that a player had a medical yesterday and other players the deal is done. When will we be told who and when the players have signed?
    We have run out of retros and waiting for a delivery.
  • I believe there are 6/7 retro shirts used in during the making of that video the other day. 

Only one has been seen in use.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

DubaiCAFC said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Let’s face it, the squad hasn’t been good enough for last 3 seasons, and they included fan favourites, like it or not, they are haven’t been good enough for promotion, that is either ability or mentality or both! My comments not everyone will agree, but that is a fact. Personally I am excited by that changes behind the scenes, the attitude of jones, and the fact the clubs attitude is no one is bigger than the club.

negative people will always find holes they are not happy with.. this will be a good season, and will be a busy couple of weeks!
    We all HOPE next season will be a good season but none of us know.

Im a big fan of NJ and think in him we potentially have a very good fit for our club. I'm cautiously optimistic about next season, with or without May.

But that doesn't mean your two statements aren't contradictory, because clearly they are.

Either players CAN be improved and their performance and that of the team improved or they are to be judged only on the teams finishing position.

No amount of positivity from fans changes that.
    Positivity does have a huge impact on the way the team plays.. yes they need to give the crowd a lift, but negative atmosphere certainly impacts performance and players! 
    Don’t see how they are contradictory, facts are, the players haven’t been good enough, so doesn’t both me if they go, and the ones that stay, need to do better!

Season not even started and already telling those who go on how they should support
    That’s the attitude.. go to games, sit on your hands and moan all afternoon!! 
    Would you like to tell me where I have done this?

You carry on spreading your messages and if it does not work this season ensure any blame gets pointed at all directions other than your source of your info, me I will carry on going/paying to go to games and supporting the team/club. 

Support the team, not the regime comes to mind.
  • We need a couple signings to cut this tension, come on chaps a lot of sniping and digging each other out here. Alfie May is a penalty merchant anyway!!! ;-) 
  • edited June 18
    Fainites 🤞🧐
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    If we do sell May it will be a copy of what happened when that idiot Duchatelet came in and sold Yann. The new management then said - well how good can he be ? - the team is nearly bottom of the Championship and we can get better replacements in - eg Polish Pete, Vetokele, Tucadean. 
    None of them proved to be anywhere near Yann’s level and those of us who had watched all his games knew that. It’s one of those ideas where there is always something or someone better around the corner.
    May is a proven goal scorer ( twice over !) at League 1 level. Charlton would be stupid to sell him.  
    Except that one wasn’t sanctioned by the manager. And also this ‘new management’ were the ones that brought him in.

No one knows if he’ll go and no one knows how it will pan out, but with all his goals last season, we came 16th and finished in our worst ever league position. We must improve the squad and if selling May is the only way we can do that then so be it. I’ll be gutted to lose him, but Jones knows what he wants and I have far more faith in him then anyone else who have been running this club for the past 8-10 years.
    Why is selling him the only way we can improve the squad?!  Thought we were "really backing" the manager in the window and our owners are (multiple) billionaires.

I don't think selling him improves our squad.
    He wasn't the reason we finished 16th but we must certainly would have finished below that position without him!
    How about waiting and see where we are at once the window has closed and see if we are in a stronger position.. if you ask my opinion, we will see a different Charlton this year, and the players left from last season, will be sharper, fitter and stronger
    Just a reminder Dubai that you were happy with our transfer business when the window closed last summer.

When I brought that up later in the season, you said "Why wouldn't I have been happy, we signed the league's best goalscorer." 

I've no doubt the team needs to function as a unit and Jones needs to buy the ingredients if we want him to make the dinner, but whether we're going to be successful or not, Alfie May is a great player and character and many people will be gutted to see him go. 
    Yes, and on paper lot of signings looked good. 

The two forwards the looking to bring have been mentioned on here, they are at a good age, and will improve under Jones, if we get them both, they will cost us more than May’s fee. 

The first line says it all. 

It maybe a CL in-house joke but the sentence "I'll wait to see them play in a red shirt before commenting" has never been truer.

We know what Alfie May can do. Any new signing may be mustard but then again....may not be.

I'd rather stick than twist.

I totally agree with you, but Jones is in charge this window, and has been planning since February, he is a vision of what he wants the side to do, and what type of player is required to do that, so we have to trust his process 
    What is Andy Scott doing now he's redundant?
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:
    Ok, so a bid has been rejected, and there may  be another bid, which by your own admission is just a rumour, but it all started as a rumour iirc... didn't it...
    I still don't think he will be sold and it will all be a waste of time all round...
    The club via the fans who they "feed" have been briefing against the importance of May since the spring. It was quite clear the club were open to selling May if they got a good offer.
    This was compounded by Jones leaving May out of the team and regularly subbing him.
    If you thought it just a rumour you've not picked up on all the signs for 3 months.
    It is rumoured that Huddersfield have now offered £1.2M.
    Charlton have said that they are not  realistically looking to sell May ..
    Who / where & when was this said?

I’ve not seen us come out and say he’s not for sale. Quite the opposite, we’ve almost utilised Rich Cawley at the SLP to welcome another offer.
  • Not in the know but now birmingham have signed ryan allsop I reckon john ruddy could be on the move and it's been said we have contacted him 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Not in the know but now birmingham have signed ryan allsop I reckon john ruddy could be on the move and it's been said we have contacted him 
    38 years old in a few months. Is he the answer?

What will we get back when we sell him just before his 39th bday next summer?
  • Good morning, everyone! :) I'm looking forward to reading through the happy chatter of the last 8 pages.
  • lolwray said:
    The club via the fans who they "feed" have been briefing against the importance of May since the spring. It was quite clear the club were open to selling May if they got a good offer.
    This was compounded by Jones leaving May out of the team and regularly subbing him.
    If you thought it just a rumour you've not picked up on all the signs for 3 months.
    I bet you still believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Not in the know but now birmingham have signed ryan allsop I reckon john ruddy could be on the move and it's been said we have contacted him 
    I reckon he could be a decent backup/3rd to replace Ward and bring his experience but rather a Walton/Davies or Wildsmith /Jensen to be our Number 1
  • lolwray said:
    I bet you still believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!