Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• ross1 said:
    I keep reading that a player had a medical yesterday and other players the deal is done. When will we be told who and when the players have signed?
    It's Edwards who had his medical yesterday so I guess we'll find out in the next couple of days and the other player is probably Mitchell and any announcement of that will obviously be delayed so that Millwall don't have to post about anything for as long as they wish.
  • Chunes said:
    Ahadme... Back to the 'Djaiesemi Method' of signing players who performed against us.
    To be fair he been pretty good for Cambridge for a few years .. surprised no one else has taken a chance 
    Never let the facts get in the way.
    Just continue posting crap.
    Isn’t that the same as everyone else, FFS.
    No, not really. 
    The majority of posters on here post in good faith.

That's what makes this forum what it is.
    If that’s true, then I’d suggest you go over the last 30 odd frenzied pages all about Alfie May and even now people can’t give it a rest. Is there anything more to say, that hasn’t already been said, ad Infinitum? 

Nobody is going to come up with the post that suits everyone, apart from @Grapevine49 possibly?

Alfie will either go or stay, we’ll find out sooner rather than later. Wouldn’t be great if everyone could bear that in mind and move on.

Otherwise, it’s how long is a piece of string!
    Oh ffs I thought we'd been through this.  It's 48 centimetres.  
  • If Alfie May goes and we’re not winning our first home game by 4 or more goals at HT, then I think we should chuck 3000 Alfie May beach balls on the pitch in the second half.
    Is that some variety of a May Ball? Of course, those who don't mind Alfie going will be dancing round the Maypole.
  • ButtleJR said:
    https://x.com/natediazisking/status/1801318245544112479?t=VI0t42nyAfS--cQ9V1IzOA&s=19

Some people are rather dramatic aren't they... Not the first I've seen either. 
    I've said I'm done if he goes.....and will only return once Nathan Jones leaves.
    Are you still sticking to this? 
    🤞
  • ButtleJR said:
    https://x.com/natediazisking/status/1801318245544112479?t=VI0t42nyAfS--cQ9V1IzOA&s=19

I've said I'm done if he goes.....and will only return once Nathan Jones leaves.
    yes sir-ee. I'll obviously still follow the club, post on here & maybe even go to a couple of away games (for my son's sake) but I can't get my head around selling the Leagues top goal scorer when last season he was about the only player who knew where the goal was. Take away his and CBT's goals (who has also left the club & yet to be replaced) and where would we be. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 18
  • ButtleJR said:

yes sir-ee. I'll obviously still follow the club, post on here & maybe even go to a couple of away games (for my son's sake) but I can't get my head around selling the Leagues top goal scorer when last season he was about the only player who knew where the goal was. Take away his and CBT's goals (who has also left the club & yet to be replaced) and where would we be. 
    That would depend on who was playing in place of them, surely? 
    I doubt they’d get as many goals though, whoever they were, but it wouldn’t be zero. 
  • ButtleJR said:

Suppose we’re flying high and sweeping everyone aside ? Wouldn’t you just be cutting you nose to spite your face and looking pretty foolish ?
  • RoanRedNY said:
    Yann897 said:
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say that there's no way the seemingly rational new ownership, and our new manager who openly talks about getting promoted will sell Alfie.

Also why genuinely would Alfie want to go to another league one side? Because he knows the manager? I doubt they'll be offering him shed loads more than we are paying, and it would mean uprooting his family again
    It wouldn’t surprise me, heard rumours as soon as Jones came in that he wasn’t a fan of May and I think that was confirmed by the amount of times he was subbed and the signing of Wickham. Just have to trust the process at this point but I’d like to start seeing these signings come in.

I’m not a professional football manager looking to rebuild a career that stalled at Southampton and stoke but if this is true it is a worry.  Alfie scored more goals in 1 season than Wickham managed in 9 years. I wish jones all the best but “not liking” a guy whose goals kept us up despite being played wide right, attacking midfield and up front and always gave 100% was the sweetcorn in a pile of shite last year.
    The fact of the matter is this is a gamble, Jones has to make his decisions then live and die by them.

If we sell Alfie and sign two big lumps who arent prolific but we go up, the truth is, most fans wont even be talking about Alfie come June next year.

If he does sell him and we don't go up then quite rightly fans will be asking major questions.

Where as if we keep alfie and dont go up, then Jones will still be questioned. he probably thinks it best to either succeed or fail on his own terms, which as much as i like Alfie, is something i admire in Jones.
  • ButtleJR said:

Suppose we’re flying high and sweeping everyone aside ? Wouldn’t you just be cutting you nose to spite your face and looking pretty foolish ?

When you reach reality and reason, stop diggin' mate...waste of time
  • Someone above alluded to the fact that FFP rules are different in the Championship to L1.  If board are injecting equity to front load a promotion push, fair play.

Is a 32yo Alfie likely to be effective if we are promoted? No. The scenario only works if we buy strikers who can perform at a higher level. We will see.
  • If Alfie May goes and we’re not winning our first home game by 4 or more goals at HT, then I think we should chuck 3000 Alfie May beach balls on the pitch in the second half.
    Like it.
    Blue Sky thinking right there.
    Mind you if the first game is an away loss, the Beach Balls should commence at the first whistle at the home game.
  • Peterborough had a 20-30 goal striker at their club and barely started him last season.

They scored more goals as a team (89) last season than they did in either of the two previous seasons at this level where they relied on him for over 36% of their goals (31 of 83 & 26 of 75).

Football is a simple game in most ways but that doesn’t mean it’s as simple as taking out one player’s goal contributions and you can predict how a team will perform without them.

BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS ON THIS TO SAY I’M BLAMING ALFIE FOR THE TEAM UNDERPERFORMING : I really am not, I’m trying to show that there is life in a football team with or without your previously profilic forward.
    It's a good point, im sure ill get agg for saying it but we got relegated from the Prem with one of the most prolific strikers in the division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ryan Hardie had 17 in all comps when Plymouth got promoted, there top goal scorer…
  • ross1 said:
    I keep reading that a player had a medical yesterday and other players the deal is done. When will we be told who and when the players have signed?
    Edwards done 
  • Can May I just say, Alfie, so, that I can be part of the frenzy?
  • Ryan Hardie had 17 in all comps when Plymouth got promoted, there top goal scorer…
    Sammy Szmodicz had 20 for blackburn = finished 19th

Morgan Whitaker 17 for plymouth = 21st

And last but not least Andy Johnson 20+ for Palace = still relegated.
  • Peterborough had a 20-30 goal striker at their club and barely started him last season.

They scored more goals as a team (89) last season than they did in either of the two previous seasons at this level where they relied on him for over 36% of their goals (31 of 83 & 26 of 75).

Football is a simple game in most ways but that doesn’t mean it’s as simple as taking out one player’s goal contributions and you can predict how a team will perform without them.

BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS ON THIS TO SAY I’M BLAMING ALFIE FOR THE TEAM UNDERPERFORMING :  really am not, I’m trying to show that there is life in a football team with or without your previously profilic forward.
    Brilliant post.  Spot on

BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS ON THIS TO SAY I’M BLAMING ALFIE FOR THE TEAM UNDERPERFORMING : I really am not, I’m trying to show that there is life in a football team with or without your previously profilic forward.
    What we need are goals spread out amongst the entire team a lot more - Ridiculous how our second top scorer didn't get into double figures last season, if my memory serves me right. 
  • redbuttle said:
    I think it's actually quite good that us fans are clueless regarding transfers in or out this season until the club make announcements. 
    That's fine, as long as the club aren't also clueless...🤦‍♂️
    “As long as” doing a shit load of heavy lifting there.
  • I fully understand the 'angst' over Alfie, I also understand that in some quarters people don't trust or have faith in NJ and/or the new owners. However everytime I open CL there are numerous unread posts on the RUMOURS thread. I open it in eager anticipation of a rumour or even of a 'signing imminent' only to find ongoing discussions on Alfie, and his 'unkown' situation. Now I also get a few people want to express their opinions, BUT, it's the same stuff being regurgitated.
    Let's wait and see what, if anything, transpires and perhaps in the meantime get back to rumours etc. Nothing anyone on here is saying is going to change whatever the outcome is.
    C'mon guys, believe me, life's to short!
    @Admin, someone’s hacked into @Redmidland account. 
    #TooPostive #Cantbehim 😉

Callum, I respect you a lot, you make some really good and interesting contributions to this forum.

But you might want to get your phone fixed, as it looks like the Caps lock button is stuck.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!