Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Yann897 said:
    A question would be would you take Ahadme and Reid from Stevenage for example as your two strikers next season and sell May have some profit and two younger players . Maybe that’s what they’re thinking behind the scenes.
    Thought Reid looked rubbish against us.
    Thought he looked good at their place.
  • Would question if Reid was a flash in the pan. Obviously a lot of players on that list of top scorers won't be available for various reasons , but Barnsley did release Devante Cole. 
  • FFS... there is our Ipswich signing for the Window then
    It wouldn't be a proper window without an Ipswich signing though.....

True Charlie, but the days of picking up Darren Bent and Matt Holland from Ipswich have long since gone; i think you can say the Penney has dropped !
  • Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    A question would be would you take Ahadme and Reid from Stevenage for example as your two strikers next season and sell May have some profit and two younger players . Maybe that’s what they’re thinking behind the scenes.
    Is Reid being linked?
  • mart77 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Is Reid being linked?
    No was more of an example from myself , saying someone like Reid or Smith with Ahadme would we take that over May and probably have money to spare.
  • redbuttle said:
    I think it's actually quite good that us fans are clueless regarding transfers in or out this season until the club make announcements. 
    That's fine, as long as the club aren't also clueless...🤦‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Is Reid being linked?
    No, but give it 3 pages and he will be, along with rumours of him being seen at SL in full kit !
  • edited June 18
    Chunes said:
    Ahadme... Back to the 'Djaiesemi Method' of signing players who performed against us.
    To be fair he been pretty good for Cambridge for a few years .. surprised no one else has taken a chance 
    Never let the facts get in the way.
    Just continue posting crap.
    Isn’t that the same as everyone else, FFS.
    No, not really. 
    The majority of posters on here post in good faith.

That's what makes this forum what it is.
    If that’s true, then I’d suggest you go over the last 30 odd frenzied pages all about Alfie May and even now people can’t give it a rest. Is there anything more to say, that hasn’t already been said, ad Infinitum? 

Nobody is going to come up with the post that suits everyone, apart from @Grapevine49 possibly?

Alfie will either go or stay, we’ll find out sooner rather than later. Wouldn’t be great if everyone could bear that in mind and move on.

Otherwise, it’s how long is a piece of string!
  • Worth remembering that the owners really didn’t want to sign May because of his age and the limited sell on he would likely have. In the end they gave in to Holden insisting and that ended up being their only good decision that summer. It wouldn’t shock me if any move was less based on Jones and more on the owners wanting to sell a 31 year old while his stock is high 
    Its 100% down to jones who stays and who he wants to bring in .. 
    So Andy Scott is redundant?
  • Yann897 said:
    TEL said:
    Fed up seeing the trust in Jones comments. Trust is earned and half a season with Alfies goals keeping us in the division, doesnt mean we should blindly trust in the messiah that Jones is being made out to be.

Utter madness to even consider letting May go.....but the bonkers regime sanctioned George going so let’s see if they have learnt anything.
    Well straight away we’ve improved on Dobson with Berry so we’ll have to wait and see, I personally wouldn’t sell May but teams that do well have a good style and system and if Jones doesn’t think that includes May then so be it.

I hope so but let's wait and see him play first.
    If we could live the dream and have our moment on the pitch in the red shirt, it would be in the style of Dobbo. 

Covering every blade of grass, some big tackles and good moments on the ball. Then the icing on the cake would be scoring in front of the Covered End as he did in last game at The Valley.
  • Scoham said:
    Redhenry said:
    Regarding Alfie, I can always understand that it makes financial sense for clubs in our position to cash in on players when the fee is too good to turn down and or the player wants away. The cash can be used to help strengthen the squad and everyone’s happy. This is how I see it going with Miles at some point. What bothers me with the Alfie speculation is that we spent £250k and have a sell on clause with Cheltenham. He’s 31 going on 32 and I don’t believe for one second that we’re going to get anywhere near a £1 million let alone £1.5 million. We’re not going to have enough to replace what he gives us and it’s not even as if the player is pressing for a move. I think Jones, if it’s him, will live to regret this sale should it happen. He’ll straight away lose a lot of credit with fans.
    Why not 1/1.5m, how can you say we won't get that, it may even be more :). You just don't know what clubs are willing to pay...
    Always respect your opinion but we’ll have to disagree on this one. 
    Sunderland paid £3-4m for Will Grigg in January 2019 and Ipswich spent several million on fees to get promoted from this division. It’s not that much of a stretch to think there could be one or two clubs in this league willing to pay £1m or so for May.
    So clubs looking for promotion will pay big money for May.  But, we are so bloody fantastic, we don’t need him. Or we have no promotion ambition ?
    Don’t disagree, I was only challenging the idea that no one would pay £1m+ for May.
  • edited June 18
    Players return for off-season testing (June 2024) | Charlton Athletic Football Club (charltonafc.com)

Chill everyone🍺🍺... Alfie is back for off-season testing with his new blond hi-lites...he's going nowhere...🤔
  • edited June 18
    https://x.com/footyinsider247/status/1802979822747963444?t=1sr2zHQAV8AtzJrjKFjxCQ&s=19

Not sure if posted already? Didn't see it..

Think someone said we were linked with Bayliss

'Lincoln have won the race to sign Tom Bayliss' 
  • FFS... there is our Ipswich signing for the Window then
    It wouldn't be a proper window without an Ipswich signing though.....

True Charlie, but the days of picking up Darren Bent and Matt Holland from Ipswich have long since gone; i think you can say the Penney has dropped !
    Haha you're right, no more bad Penneys please......... their and our success has reversed hasn't it and the boot might be well and truly on the other foot now.......... and no, before anyone thinks I'm hinting at something.....that's not a rumour they're in for Alfie, Miles, DK, Thierry or anyone else for that matter....... as far as I know.....  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the issue is you can't just spend £5m without it having to be balanced a bit somewhere somehow. Whether that's through player sales, increased pricing on tickets, more commercial deals and sponsorships, or through adding it on as debt or writing it off as equity, it has to go somewhere. So maybe selling May for more than a million helps to balance the books in that way. 

Clubs can't just say "fuck it let's spend spend spend and to hell with the rules"
  • ButtleJR said:
    https://x.com/natediazisking/status/1801318245544112479?t=VI0t42nyAfS--cQ9V1IzOA&s=19

Some people are rather dramatic aren't they... Not the first I've seen either. 
    I've said I'm done if he goes.....and will only return once Nathan Jones leaves.
    Are you still sticking to this? 
  • I keep reading that a player had a medical yesterday and other players the deal is done. When will we be told who and when the players have signed?
  • sam3110 said:
    I think the issue is you can't just spend £5m without it having to be balanced a bit somewhere somehow. Whether that's through player sales, increased pricing on tickets, more commercial deals and sponsorships, or through adding it on as debt or writing it off as equity, it has to go somewhere. So maybe selling May for more than a million helps to balance the books in that way. 

Clubs can't just say "fuck it let's spend spend spend and to hell with the rules"

Fortunately we are covering our arses by doing all of the above! FFP, hardly knew her 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!