Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City: Tuesday 13th February 2024 | KO 19:45

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    We need minimum 3 points from the next 3 games, IMO

That would require 3 draws and going unbeaten against the top 3, a huge feat at this stage of the season, or actually beating one of them, a huge feat for us as it snaps the winless run
    Bolton and Derby bother me the most, we're always shit against those two it seems
  • sam3110 said:
    We need minimum 3 points from the next 3 games, IMO

That would require 3 draws and going unbeaten against the top 3, a huge feat at this stage of the season, or actually beating one of them, a huge feat for us as it snaps the winless run
    True but on the other hand, we get to play Portsmouth in one of those three matches
  • What a bloody refreshing post match interview with NJ. I'll comment on the game tomorrow but that's a great interview....Well done sir, very honest!!
    What did he say?
  • What a bloody refreshing post match interview with NJ. I'll comment on the game tomorrow but that's a great interview....Well done sir, very honest!!
    What did he say?
  • Sponsored links:

• Typical Charlton to start nicking points when least expected. It’s absolutely vital that Chuks stays fit between now and end of April.
  • A good platform. Second half was quite enjoyable. Need some more work on the defence, but if the team keep going this way we should be ok.
  • edited February 13
    It’s fucking madness, we just seem not to know what to do, with free kicks, throw ins and corners. We get our smarted by the opposition every game. I can’t see how we’re getting out of this.
  • Leuth said:
    Seen some low ratings/slaggings of Anderson. I thought he was good. He gave us presence and fight. We'll need that

Agreed. thought he got better as the game went on. Started off shaky, finished steady.
  • Wasn't happy with the first 45 but 2nd half gave some promise. Still a very long way to go but IF we can keep Chuks & Camara fit then we might take it to the last game if the season. 

Positives - 

Ramsay
    Dobbo (or course)
    Being able to bring on Canara, Chuks & Ladapo

Negatives - 

Too many passes
    Not enough attacking threat 
    Right back playing left back.
  • Better, not great but definitely an improvement with that second half. At least there appears to be some fight.

Worryingly there still appears to be the individual mistakes and up front we still don't look that threatening mainly through a real absence of a creative player but if what keeps us up is being more physical and just forcing the ball in then so be it. We've lacked that for a long time. 

We're very much in a relegation fight and 1 point at home doesn't help much but there are at least some very small signs of hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 13
    I don't understand why May came off for Chucks, Surely that is the partnership May has been waiting months for.
  • Promising second half. Loved that equaliser.

• edited February 13
    Utter turd first half and gifted them a goal (said that before!) Better in the second.

First half we just didn't offer a thing, two too many of the new favourite in word "leggy" midfielders. No creativity or goal threat in Bakinson and Anderson saw us relying on Ramsay getting forward and long punts from Thomas. Kanu did well and May ran around chasing balls a lot. 
    A poor defensive header from Dobson drops to Hackett, a touch and smashes in for 1-0

Second half and we turned up at last and tried to finally force something, Lincoln were looking to break and did a few times which we dealt with fir the most part. 
    Subs changed the game once again and of course, that man Aneke made the difference. Well taken goal by Ladapo, hopefully he can find some form.

Gutting losing Ramsay, thought he was having an excellent game and a shoe in at RB/ RWB for the remainder of the season, although fair play to T Watson, probably his best game for us (at least in a long while) and it came at LWB. 

Special mention to Ramsay as siad above excellent game I thought.
    Extra special mention to Aneke for being Aneke.
    Extra extra special mention to May, frustration or petulance. Can't decide.

A good point maybe, hopefully, hard to say, needed to be 3 but after going behind always good to get something. Port vale breathing down our necks with 3 games in hand. It's dicey. Need a big win from one of the next two. 

Not confident at all.

• edited February 13
    Leuth said:
    Seen some low ratings/slaggings of Anderson. I thought he was good. He gave us presence and fight. We'll need that
    I thought he had a very good first half but faded a lot in the second. Agree he showed a lot of fight.

Edit: polar opposite of @1StevieG views :smile: 
  • I mean it was better than losing again…just.

That league table is looking pretty frightening though and I’m not sure what we put in tonight will be enough for even a point in our next three matches. 
  • Much better once Aneke & Ladapo came on.

Just not enough urgency in the team to get the ball forward.  Not quick enough 
  • That was certainly a step in the right direction I think. The problem is we have a tough game on Saturday and we need to build on it but you never know.