Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Northampton Town: Tuesday 23rd January 2024 | KO 19:45

12345679»

Comments

• What about in a case of mistaken identify? Or here, where Edun was incorrectly penalised? If the wrong decision has been made, hard to see how it cannot be appealed against.
  • I always thought the ref can overturn his decision afterwards if he watched it back, but I suppose that would be him admitting he was wrong, so he'll just let it slide. Hope the assessor gave him a damning score after that game, but I won't hold my breath on that either 
  • I always thought the ref can overturn his decision afterwards if he watched it back, but I suppose that would be him admitting he was wrong, so he'll just let it slide. Hope the assessor gave him a damning score after that game, but I won't hold my breath on that either 
    think he’ll get marked down for that but not for the penalty incident. I can see why he didn’t give that one 

• Sky sports getting involved in the action.

Ref should be hauled in and asked to explain why he gave it? Shocking decision.
    Edun needs to be hauled in and explain his poor touch which let the ball get away from him. 

Edun needs to be hauled in and explain his poor touch which let the ball get away from him. 
     Ah yeah it's his own fault he could have got his leg broken. And even though he didn't he could have with the point of impact there. 
  • The defence looked an absolute shambles yet again despite a change of personal . The gaps left were embarrassing.  Their are plenty of goals in the team but unless some steel is put in the defence defeats will keep coming.
  • Croydon said:
    supaclive said:
    Let's face it.... right now.... most of our signings this window aren't fit enough to play.

Beggars belief, we simply never learn!
    I thought all the new boys were poor on Tuesday. I keep seeing people on twitter saying Gillesphey and REG played well, but our defence was as brittle as ever. 

Coventry had some decent patches but was nowhere near the standard expected. Ladapo was as useful up top as Bonne would have been and Bakinson couldn't trap a bag of cement - I notice no one is calling for him to be captain anymore.

We needed these signings to hit the ground running and unfortunately none of them are fit enough to run more than 45 mins without blowing out their arse.
    A few months ago at Bromley Addicks Andy Scott emphasised the plan was to bring in players that were physically fit & strong.
    That plan hasn’t survived well.
    There is a reason why you can sign players in January for little or no money - they are not currently playing for their club. If a player has been playing regularly and is playing well they are likely to be better than average and therefore likely to cost ££££.....unless they are out of contract in the summer. 

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the players being sold / loaned out are not generally going to be the cream of the crop. Or be able to last 110 mins. 

Until the club realises that you have to get you squad assembled in July & not January then I'm afraid its more false dawns.
  • Croydon said:
    supaclive said:
    Let's face it.... right now.... most of our signings this window aren't fit enough to play.

Beggars belief, we simply never learn!
    I thought all the new boys were poor on Tuesday. I keep seeing people on twitter saying Gillesphey and REG played well, but our defence was as brittle as ever. 

Coventry had some decent patches but was nowhere near the standard expected. Ladapo was as useful up top as Bonne would have been and Bakinson couldn't trap a bag of cement - I notice no one is calling for him to be captain anymore.

We needed these signings to hit the ground running and unfortunately none of them are fit enough to run more than 45 mins without blowing out their arse.
    A few months ago at Bromley Addicks Andy Scott emphasised the plan was to bring in players that were physically fit & strong.
    That plan hasn’t survived well.
    Exactly, Scott has to a large degree done the complete opposite of what he said he was going to do. He's full of shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scott has been a failure here for the past twelve months.
    Can Methven or Rodwell get rid of him without consulting the Yanks?
  • The aim has to be clean sheets over the next couple of games. Build some confidence. Second game with the new recruitments in, we must start seeing some improvement and better communication/understanding between them. JP must be able to coach the defence better than it has been.

You Serious animated gif