Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Northampton Town: Tuesday 23rd January 2024 | KO 19:45

Comments

• Worst referee this year.How did he see Edun as a yellow when the other guy went over the ball.Then he evened it up bu not sending of Brewer and giving a penalty.Then we had the guy blocking the ball on the line with his arm.
    But once again,in the dying seconds,they have a player 5 yards out totally unmarked to score the winner.This to go with their previous 2 goals scored by unmarked players,where will this end.
    We need to win 6 games to stay up,I do not know where they are coming from.
  • I wouldn't have wanted a point... As it might have delayed for another game. But this happening feels like a win in a weird and and uncomfortable way. 
    Still think we are in a battle whoever comes in, forget February games in March we play the bottom 4 so that will determine it. 

• edited January 23

• Appleton gone
  • Sponsored links:

• Did you see Brownie’s face? He was not happy at the end. 

• edited January 23
    The joke is that Northampton are pretty crap. We play in our normal spirited way, lots of half chances, get a lucky equaliser but gift wrap them three goals. I am bewildered that Jones, probably our best defender, has made so many mistakes leading to goals in recent games. What to say? Appleton is going to get a lot of stick because we lost again but when your lucks out then you've got no chance. Now sacked!
    Who in their right mind would want to manage us now? we will end up with another average manager and the dodgey spiral starts again. 
    IMO Thomas should have started. Ladapo should have been subbed at 60 minutes (he was a disappointment). Always a big risk to bring on Campbell 'cos you have no idea if he will blow hot or cold. Backinson was very good. I don't much like T Watson but he played pretty well tonight and scored a good goal.
    Blimey. Supporting Charlton is a real curse! (I blame my Dad!)
  • NEXT……
  • I think we now know (probably) that the players stayed out while apples went in to collect his p45, they all knew this so I think the rumours at the weekend weren't necessarily wrong.  The SMT though is a real worry as they've handled this whole saga very poorly.

Not sure where we go now but there needs to be some mental toughness put into these players and quickly. A special mention to Scott as well for signing 5 players whose total minutes on the pitch this season is beyond madness. 
  • And I thought the Charlton team of the early 1970’s was bad .. 
  • Immaterial now he’s gone but only Appleton could play Dobbo in front of Coventry.
    Kanu ought to have started the last two games. Ladapo not up to speed. Fairly certain DK would have converted those chances.
    Thank God we don’t have to see him anymore. Can’t see him getting a job anywhere now.
  • We were good going forward, a lot of our new players did look short of match fitness though. The reason Appleton got sacked, in my opinion, is that in all the games he had he couldn't stop us leaking goals and tonight's defensive nightmare summed it up.  
  • Sponsored links:

• How are we supposed to escape relegation?
  • Inadequate ref to go with an inadequate manager.
  • In terms of the game, I thought Northampton retreated from 70 mins on and even a point would’ve been a poor result.  

Big test of these players now to see if they play for whoever comes in it takes the reins on a temporary basis.  I get the feeling some of them weren’t fans of Appleton, and I hope we’ve got enough to find 5 wins or so.  I think we do, but we’ve got some tough old fixtures coming up
  • Played well for the most part..….deserved something from the game.
    The way we lost that was just typical of the bad unexplainable juju that’s been lurking around SE7 for far too long now.🫣
  • Thought it was going ever so well. Hated the negativity and thought totally inappropriate. And then he goes on and puts two crap substitutes on which made us worse and we lose the game. If he is sacked, then this will be the reason for me. As for them singing Jason Pearce For manager well isn’t he the one in charge of defence? And isn’t defence the one thing we are really crap at? I would sack jason Pierce if he really is in charge of how we set up our defence. Thought we bossed the midfield and were very good . Thought Ladapo was slow and his passing was poor; maybe he needs a few more games