Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• edited January 25
    Mate of mine who's a City fan said Fleming is a top bloke and was really well liked at Bristol City and won the games where he was interim boss there, no idea if it will translate here but thought it was worth passing on to give a vague resemblance of positivity 
    Hope so. But implies MA ignored him since he was here. 
    Whatever marching orders Fleming had when he came in, it would have been difficult not to go in the direction MA and his first team coach were pointing. I have no idea what Fleming's like really but I'm hopeful he can begin to turn our fortunes around.
    Yeah hopefully he will discover a new formula and get us winning.
    He may need to put us in a petri dish and examine us to find it of course.
    High praise could follow, maybe posthumously....
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    jams said:
    Let's not rewrite history, top man though he is, Holden was terrible tactically 
    All about opinions but the fella had a 40% league win rate with us. 

Were results the reason Holden got the sack in August, or was Scott not happy with something else? Maybe it was his tactics then? 
    I thought it was stated at the time that it was because they recruited players to play a certain system and then Holden changed the system?
    Was that on the official website at the time or noise heard from sources inside the club? 
    I can't remember now.
  • Allan Simonsen has managed.
  • Just listening to an interview with Mark Bonner. Very impressive. 
  • edited January 25
    What's the point of Paul Hurst being on that list, he's just gone back to Shrewsbury? :D

I'd be happy with any from the top four names, not sure about Ainsworth
  • What do people think the  % split between players/manager is in terms of success?  I reckon 90/10
  • Duff or Euell. 

All this Jones built at Luton is horse shit. Mick Harford did it including pissing the management piece in Jones absence.
  • Sponsored links:

• As much as I’d want it to, I don’t think the odds really mean that much in terms of managers coming in. 

Anyone can Chuck some cash on an outsider and they’ll jump up quite quickly. 

We’re not really going to have an idea who gets the job until we see them holding the scarf…

FWIW I surely the ambitious move is either Jones, Duff or Rowet
  • Duff or Euell. 

All this Jones built at Luton is horse shit. Mick Harford did it including pissing the management piece in Jones absence.
    Yeah the fact they continued doing well after he left both times suggests that it is more them being an exceptionally well run club than him being an exceptional manager. I still wouldn’t mind him but would much prefer Duff 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Need a swift appointment. Would be nice to have someone in before the end of the window too. 
    Should be no excuses there, we all knew this was coming so there should have been a shortlist ready to go 
  • As much as I’d want it to, I don’t think the odds really mean that much in terms of managers coming in. 

We’re not really going to have an idea who gets the job until we see them holding the scarf…

Exactly. I got 6/1 on Appleton and he was appointed not long after that. 
  • Rob said:
    Yann897 said:
    swordfish said:
    When Mick McCarthy took over at Blackpool this time last year, following Appleton's dismissal, I guess their board/fans thought he'd get a tune out of the squad he inherited given his track record.  There was no new manager bounce. He failed miserably and they were relegated. If the players simply aren't good enough, nothing even a good  manager can do.

Plenty seem to have faith that our squad is good enough, but I'm not so sure.  We'll soon find out.

I'd like Warburton, but can't see him being interested.
    Blackpool’s squad in the championship is expected to be down the bottom ours is definitely not especially with the front two we have, that’s without players like Coventry and the new centre back signings.
    There's still some issues with our squad - full backs are not good especially if we are set on 352 and getting them to create as well as defend. 
    Agreed. I think REG could play in that position. I thought he looked tidy yesterday. 
    Feel like I watched a different player on Tuesday. Looked nervous and shakey on the ball, rarely played a forward pass and didn’t feel comfortable with him defensively either. 
  • Lennie Lawrence 
    The Lawrence appointment at Hartlepool is a bit of a shady one. Sounds like it’s the assistant calling the shots who doesn’t want the manager title. 
    I stand corrected but I believe this will be down to coaching badge stipulations the league impose.  
  • shirty5 said:
    As much as I’d want it to, I don’t think the odds really mean that much in terms of managers coming in. 

Exactly. I got 6/1 on Appleton and he was appointed not long after that. 
    Please don't put any money on Danny Dyer.
  • I have always thought ex defenders or midfield players make the best managers.They read the game beter that strickers.I know there are execptions
  • Sponsored links:

• Lennie Lawrence 
    The Lawrence appointment at Hartlepool is a bit of a shady one. Sounds like it’s the assistant calling the shots who doesn’t want the manager title. 
    I stand corrected but I believe this will be down to coaching badge stipulations the league impose.  
    I think you’re right. It’s the same for Fabregas at Como. 
  • Lennie Lawrence 
    Exactly right mate.

Loophole for everything these days!
  • Lennie Lawrence 
    Exactly right mate.

Loophole for everything these days!
    Incidentally, Dennis Wise is ‘club president’ at Como. Whatever that means. 
  • I assume they didn't sack MA without first having considered who next.

I further assume they are therefore already negotiating with parties and the 'message to supporters' is mere fluff / PR nonsense about reviewing who / what next.

I further assume they are therefore already negotiating with parties and the 'message to supporters' is mere fluff / PR nonsense about reviewing who / what next.
    I'd hope so but wouldn't bet on it.

It may well be that they feel Fleming is a suitable stop gap (which could be the case) so there is no rush.

I tend to think that the unwieldy management and ownership means that you have not just Scott and Rodwell but also Methven and Lenighan having input and that's just in the UK. 

You then have the US and Canadian owners who may or may not want a say in where their money is spent.  

So it may well not be a quick process.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Just listening to an interview with Mark Bonner. Very impressive. 
    They all sound impressive. That’s the problem
    It did remind me of Holden, I must admit.

I'd hope so but wouldn't bet on it.

It may well be that they feel Fleming is a suitable stop gap (which could be the case) so there is no rush.

I tend to think that the unwieldy management and ownership means that you have not just Scott and Rodwell but also Methven and Lenighan having input and that's just in the UK. 

You then have the US and Canadian owners who may or may not want a say in where their money is spent.  

So it may well not be a quick process.
    If they go with Fleming (and it would not surprise me given he appeared out of the blue) their challenge is how do they spin the messaging on that without looking ever more clueless  :)
  • The American owners want Trump. Have to wait until November to see if he wins the Residency or if he can do both jobs. 
  • The American owners want Trump. Have to wait until November to see if he wins the Residency or if he can do both jobs. 
    Our defence needs someone who can build a wall