Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarke Harris Thread

Comments

• Options
    Would Peterborough play him for the rest of the season if he tried to run his contract out? Would say a lot about him if he would rather not play football 
  • Options
    Would Peterborough play him for the rest of the season if he tried to run his contract out? Would say a lot about him if he would rather not play football 
    They would be mad not to unless he was doing a Lyle Taylor.
  • Options
    He’s run his contract down for this long for a pay day this summer, why would he sign another one now. He’s only going to sign another now if it’s silly money. Posh were greedy and quoting over a million for him in the last window and got caught out. Now they’re desperate to get something for him, I think all the noise about this move is coming from them to try and attract other offers. My Posh mate also says he could go out on loan for the rest of the season (won’t be us then). They’d already signed his replacement in the summer.
  • Options
    He agreed terms with Bristol Rovers in August. A delay in paperwork scuppered that deal.
  • Options
    Still ain't appening
  • Options
    Hope we’ve got a plan B when he rejects us.
  • Options
    Probably his last decent contract so we just have to hope he’s up for what we put on offer.  I agree with Manilow, I wouldn’t want us to be offering silly money when so many positions need better players.  
  • Options
    Think Charlie’s Chums have backed themselves into a bit of a corner here. 

Fans expectations has been raised. At what point to you tell JCH take it or leave it ? If we hang out until the end of the month and we don’t get him what’s going to left to sign up ? A Poundland Tedic ? 
  • Options
    If he doesn’t want to sign right now, then fair enough; let’s move on. We really need players that want to go on a journey with us such as Alfie May. If JCH is not convinced then I doubt he will be committed. 
  • Options
    I wonder how much Wrexham would want for Mullin. Their players aren't untouchable, still a shitty club in a shitty part of Wales. I remember the soppy sob story in series one, how much is Mullin getting wages wise?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I wonder how much Wrexham would want for Mullin. Their players aren't untouchable, still a shitty club in a shitty part of Wales. I remember the soppy sob story in series one, how much is Mullin getting wages wise?
    I do think Mullin is probably happy there location wise, he gets to live with his family as well as being part of an exciting project and being paid well. Plus could easily be in L1 next year, would be bizarre for him to move 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Just commited until 2027
  • Options

Fans expectations has been raised. At what point to you tell JCH take it or leave it ? If we hang out until the end of the month and we don’t get him what’s going to left to sign up ? A Poundland Tedic ? 
    Best we don't try to sign any good players, just in case they turn us down.
    Was that a vote for hanging around or pulling the offer ? 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I’ve never understood all this let’s all look up to Reynolds and Wrexham  . Yes he has made them more high profile with his Hollywood links but their record signing is still only 300k,  he’s hardly throwing the cheque book about on big money signings and if the reported Charlton offer  fee  for JCH is true it smashes anything they have ever paid.
  • Options
    I think he’s only started in the first team once or twice in the last couple of months anyway and they’ve been ripping up league one without him . 
  • Options

Surely Tedic is the Poundland Tedic. There can't be a worse version of him...can there?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I’ve never understood all this let’s all look up to Reynolds and Wrexham  . Yes he has made them more high profile with his Hollywood links but their record signing is still only 300k,  he’s hardly throwing the cheque book about on big money signings and if the reported Charlton offer  fee  for JCH is true it smashes anything they have ever paid.
    Not sure they are looked up to, but they have invested as necessary and wisely into the club and run it well and in addition supported the community. When it comes to American owners, I'm pretty sure most would prefer Reynolds and the other guy than Sandgaard. Let's judge them on what they have achieved so far, a play off position, a record points promotion and a top 4 place half way through the season, I think I'd take that, over languishing in League one going nowhere fast.
  • Options

Best we don't try to sign any good players, just in case they turn us down.
    Was that a vote for hanging around or pulling the offer ? 
    Has he actually turned us down, or refused to sign anything yet?
    Are we willing to improve our offer if we need to?
    Who could we sign instead?
    Are they any good?
    Would they sign any sooner?
  • Options
    I don't think it's necessarily all about money for players , I think we have become a basket case club , maybe some players do too , the regular sacking of managers does not inspire confidence, JCH may well be looking for stability in what could his last contract as a player in football

A very large percentage of footballers will not give a s*** about things other than the pay packet at the end of the month.
    Him, or anybody else for that matter, will sign if the contract is right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have got to now be an option of last resort for a player at JCH's level.  Football is a very small industry at this level anyway.  Why put your hand up immediately for all the ball ache of playing for us.  We must be seen as a busted flush by most of our contemporaries.  If he's playing a waiting game then he and his agent are just doing their jobs.
    So if that is the case we look elsewhere and f*** him off.
  • Options
    This reminds of the summer.
    We were linked with Nombe from Exeter. After a month or so Nombe decided that Rotherham were a better option than Charlton and we ended up with Alfie May.

Well Alfie May has turned out to be a far better signing than Nombe would have been, and in all probability if JCH doesn’t want to come, then I am sure Lapado or some other striker could make a similar impact to what Alfie has made.

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Probably his last decent contract so we just have to hope he’s up for what we put on offer.  I agree with Manilow, I wouldn’t want us to be offering silly money when so many positions need better players.  
    I kind of agree, but if Miles leaves in the summer that would leave us needing a forward quite badly. And a player of his quality at least willing to entertain contining to play in League One doesn't come along every day.

We need more in midfield, Taylor, Anderson, and Fraser is a good start but not complete. Same with CB, FB cover, and cover out wide of we lose CBT and want to continue playing with wingers.

But a center forward who can play up front on his own and score goals is so hard to find at this level. I tend to believe that two £250k signings are better than one £500k one, but this might be the exception. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    They're definitely throwing the cheque book about in terms of the level they're at though. They might not be 1m signings but they've signed pretty much an entire team from a higher level and were paying some players league one wages in the national league. They're also completely renovating the stadium which isn't cheap.

Although i did read that they're set to do about 20m in turnover this year which is championship level. As a guide in their last finance figures Millwall's turnover was 18.6m.
  • Options
    Really hope this goes through. The defence have been working too hard through December, and if we know we have a few goals up front, they can relax a bit and concentrate on enjoying football.
  • Options
    Really hope this goes through. The defence have been working too hard through December, and if we know we have a few goals up front, they can relax a bit and concentrate on enjoying football.
    We have scored more goals at this stage of the season compared to last season 
  • Options
    edited January 9
    SDAddick said:
    cabbles said:
    I kind of agree, but if Miles leaves in the summer that would leave us needing a forward quite badly. And a player of his quality at least willing to entertain contining to play in League One doesn't come along every day.

We need more in midfield, Taylor, Anderson, and Fraser is a good start but not complete. Same with CB, FB cover, and cover out wide of we lose CBT and want to continue playing with wingers.

But a center forward who can play up front on his own and score goals is so hard to find at this level. I tend to believe that two £250k signings are better than one £500k one, but this might be the exception. 
    I agree it’s not complete. Taylor may be ok, I’m not sure. Anderson isn’t a starter, and ideally would be loaned out. Fraser is a weak link, for me, and may be on his way out. We need much better than these three in midfield to get promoted imho. 
    The attempt to sign JCH is seeming to be a massive pain. I really hope they have a plan for if it falls through.