Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarke Harris Thread

Comments

• Options
    Could still see JCH doing a Michael Hector. 
    His agent will be calling every club in the championship / top half of L1 to see if they will pay higher wages than what Charlton are offering

….but that doesn’t necessarily mean JCH is going to get the better offer he wants.
  • Options
    For the same reason I expect CBT and Dobbo to stay until the summer, I would say JCH will probably stay too. I can understand why Posh may want something for him but wait a few months and that money falls into his pocket.
  • Options
    Shut the thread and move on.
  • Options
    Could still see JCH doing a Michael Hector. 
    His agent will be calling every club in the championship / top half of L1 to see if they will pay higher wages than what Charlton are offering

….but that doesn’t necessarily mean JCH is going to get the better offer he wants.
    But he could sit out his contract earning £6k a week and then sign for a club in the summer with a fat signing on fee. Quite conceivable he’s already got that lined up. Him or his agent wouldn’t be telling Peterborough and the Charlton thing could just be window dressing.
  • Options
    edited January 10
    Posh are playing the game to get a bigger bid..would you really tell the world you had accepted a bid at this stage ??
    They have said to their local press that they’ve accepted a bid from us. It’s out there and they’re welcoming others to come and match it. It’s not Peterborough that’s playing games at the current moment in time.
  • Options
    Posh are playing the game to get a bigger bid..would you really tell the world you had accepted a bid at this stage ??
    They have said to their local press that they’ve accepted a bid from us. It’s out there and they’re welcoming others to come and match it. It’s not Peterborough that’s playing games at the current moment in time.
    Ferguson has said the same .. it seems to me that Fergie Jnr would be pleased to see the back of him
  • Options
    I don't want this transfer to happen. Expensive, will be unmotivated because he's achieved his goal of earning the best wages of his career, no sell on value. The fact that he hasn't signed already is that he is holding out for a better offer, or going to run down his contract at Posh. If that's the case, I hope the club decide to pull out of the deal. I have been convinced for a long time now that it is the midfield we need to concentrate on, both creatively, and defensively. Spend the money here and we will rise up the table.
  • Options
    We have a lot of talented youngsters who we have played through that problematic initial time to the detriment of results and they won't be far off. I think we need a few bastards in which will allow us to benefit from today's pain and help them more.
  • Options
    I don't want this transfer to happen. Expensive, will be unmotivated because he's achieved his goal of earning the best wages of his career, no sell on value. The fact that he hasn't signed already is that he is holding out for a better offer, or going to run down his contract at Posh. If that's the case, I hope the club decide to pull out of the deal. I have been convinced for a long time now that it is the midfield we need to concentrate on, both creatively, and defensively. Spend the money here and we will rise up the table.
    I agree. Midfield is woeful, bar Dobson. He can't do it all on his own. Back line haven't had any cover, forward line, not enough support.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my memory may be failing me but wasn’t the Ben Reeves transfer a bit like this - on / off fee and salary negotiations over many weeks and then late getting done?

In the end the signing wasn’t worth it. 

I suspect this player is of a similar ilk. 

Move on to other targets.  
    Reeves was a free agent so it would have only been around the salary, contract length etc but yes, JCH seems like Reeves willing to wait which is understandable from the players point of view.

What didn’t help Reeves was that he waited and waited before it got done around the start of the season meaning he didn’t have a proper preseason with us.
  • Options
    He is the token "biggie" that torments us saps EVERY transfer window.  

Will he?
    Wont he?

He fulfils that purpose only.

Ambivilent to these sort of rumours if only for my failing sanity...
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:
    Got a positive feeling that we will get this one done.

Cue the "Couldn't get it over the line" Comms.
    Confidence waning.
  • Options

Clarke-Harris who has been unable to break back into a Posh team based on youth, pace and technical excellence.

From Peterborough Telegraph
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Clarke-Harris who has been unable to break back into a Posh team based on youth, pace and technical excellence.

For all our talk of needing a physical striker we can play into, Peterborough didn't need to do that. They kept the ball just fine without feeding it directly to their striker. 
  • Options
    Only because he wouldn’t sign a new contract. Their policy is to transfer list players with 1 year to go on their deals, they even share the list on their OS.
  • Options
    edited January 16
    Scoham said:
    Only because he wouldn’t sign a new contract. Their policy is to transfer list players with 1 year to go on their deals, they even share the list on their OS.
    It is also not necessarily relevant as to what makes Peterborough tick.

We have the best striker in the league for 2 more seasons at least, and we know he works best with 2 up top with a target man alongside him. If one of the best this league has seen in that role becomes available, and we could benefit from it, that's all that matters. 

Really curious to see what he has been offered..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 16
    Scoham said:
    It is also not necessarily relevant as to what makes Peterborough tick.

We have the best striker in the league for 2 more seasons at least, and we know he works best with 2 up top with a target man alongside him. If one of the best this league has seen in that role becomes available, and we could benefit from it, that's all that matters. 

Really curious to see what he has been offered..
    Give Ronnie a bell, he knows everything...🙄
    To be fair mate there’s quite a few on here that fall into that category but don’t wind people up as much 😉.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

would agree with that….every player very comfortable on the ball……..unlike….
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Southbank said:

For all our talk of needing a physical striker we can play into, Peterborough didn't need to do that. They kept the ball just fine without feeding it directly to their striker. 
    Underrated post!
  • Options
    Listen to the latest Hard Truths podcast - sounds like JCH has no interest in joining us, and is leaving everything to his agent, and agent will not allow the player to speak to the club until wages have been agreed! 
  • Options
    I don't think he is good enough for Peterbrough's first 11, which is worrying.

All this nonsense that he's not in the first team because of his contract running down... and yet he's had 17 appearances this season.

If he was that good still, he'd be starting for them in a promotion push season.

He's on the downslide, got a shitty attitude, and is looking for a last payday.

Avoid.
    I think it is more they changed the style and approach, and if you listen to the pod, it sounds like the older players in the team was having a negative impact on the younger players in the side. 
  • Options

All this nonsense that he's not in the first team because of his contract running down... and yet he's had 17 appearances this season.

If he was that good still, he'd be starting for them in a promotion push season.

Avoid.
    Of course he's good enough for their first XI, the guy scored 57 goals for them in his last 2 league one seasons.

If he'd signed a contract he'd probably be starting every week but their policy is to always transfer list and try to sell players in the last year of their contract.

It's nothing to do with how good he is, it's MacAnthony making a stand that if you don't sign then we'll transfer list you, won't guarantee your starting place and we'll move on.
    Didn't marcus Maddison start games in his last year of contract? (Aside from the 6 months at Hull)
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Avoid.
    I think it is more they changed the style and approach, and if you listen to the pod, it sounds like the older players in the team was having a negative impact on the younger players in the side. 
    Darragh said on the pod that Peterborough cannot compete with the wages that we have offered JCH. If he wont even come to meet us, fuck him
    100%