Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarke Harris Thread

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    so we're gonna sign him for £500k now and give him away in the summer to balance the books??
    Think we might be at crossed purposes here. Quite a few clubs might be interested in his signature but aren’t prepared to pay £500k plus what appears to be pretty steep wage demands. Take the £500k out of the equation and it might bring other clubs both here and abroad into play. If we do sign him I’d guess it would be a two year deal. That’s quite a financial commitment. 
    gotcha - he must be looking for a 3 year deal though surely
  • Options
    so we're gonna sign him for £500k now and give him away in the summer to balance the books??
    Think we might be at crossed purposes here. Quite a few clubs might be interested in his signature but aren’t prepared to pay £500k plus what appears to be pretty steep wage demands. Take the £500k out of the equation and it might bring other clubs both here and abroad into play. If we do sign him I’d guess it would be a two year deal. That’s quite a financial commitment. 
    gotcha - he must be looking for a 3 year deal though surely
    Im sure he is but doubt anyone would commit to his high wages and age for more than two years. 
  • Options
    Mods can we close this please?
  • Options
    Appletons presser today he said he feels JCH is as close as it’s ever been and he’s more confident than he was a week ago. With Ladapo signing on loan I thought the JCH deal was 100% dead but maybe it’s back on and so that’s why the Port Vale guys move is off? 
  • Options
    Appletons presser today he said he feels JCH is as close as it’s ever been and he’s more confident than he was a week ago. With Ladapo signing on loan I thought the JCH deal was 100% dead but maybe it’s back on and so that’s why the Port Vale guys move is off? 
    Can’t believe more hasn’t been said about that interview, having just watched it. It definitely sounds like the JCH deal is far from dead from listening to MA. 
  • Options
    I think he was talking about Ladapo not JCH
  • Options
    I think he was saying that ‘one or two deals were close’ rather than JCH being close

i.e he meant Ladapo etc 
  • Options
    I think he was saying that ‘one or two deals were close’ rather than JCH being close

i.e he meant Ladapo etc 
    Good shout after listening again
  • Options

i.e he meant Ladapo etc 
    Yeah id say your on the money there I think it was the reference Apples was more confident than a week ago I assumed JCH rather than others. 
  • Options
    Rotherham United are delighted to confirm the capture of striker Jonson Clarke-Harris, who will return to AESSEAL New York Stadium following the expiration of his contract at Peterborough United. The move is subject to ratification from the FA and EFL.
    https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2024/may/signing--clarke-harris-returns-as-evans-first-summer-signing/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Rotherham United are delighted to confirm the capture of striker Jonson Clarke-Harris, who will return to AESSEAL New York Stadium following the expiration of his contract at Peterborough United. The move is subject to ratification from the FA and EFL.
    https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2024/may/signing--clarke-harris-returns-as-evans-first-summer-signing/
    But Ronnie told us he'd signed a pre-contract with a Mexican club.  How can this be happening?
    It must be fake news. 
    Ronnie is never wrong. 
  • Options
    Not too bothered really, don't think he would have been the kind of player Jones would have wanted
  • Options
    Rumour is that he was seen wearing a sombrero and carrying a plateful of enchiladas when he attended the ASSEAL NY Stadium to sign his contract.
  • Options
    clive said:
    But Ronnie told us he'd signed a pre-contract with a Mexican club.  How can this be happening?
    I’m sticking up for Ronnie here. I think he recycled a post from me. Peterborough fans in the pub before our game told me and I posted. I must have been on the next table to the Peterborough version of Ronnie. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I’m sticking up for Ronnie here. I think he recycled a post from me. Peterborough fans in the pub before our game told me and I posted. I must have been on the next table to the Peterborough version of Ronnie. 
    Not like Ronnie to misunderstand a pub rumour and turn it in to a LOCKED ON FACT which he then uses to berate other fans...... oh hang on, yes that is exactly what he does
  • Options
    Good signing by Rotherham. They will be up there next season with a few more like him brought in by Evans
  • Options
    clive said:

Unfortunately the source was more Old El Whacko than Old El Paso.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    There is a Mexican restaurant in Rotherham though. Perhaps Ronnie got confused. 
  • Options
    Turning down a new deal at Peterborough and then turning down us, only to end up at Rotherham in the same division doesn't feel like it's the move JCH and his agent were looking for. Surely they had aspirations of somewhere better?
  • Options
    If anyone can still get a decent performance out of him Evans is that man .. However I suspect that JCH's career is in terminal decline .. as ever, we will see 
  • Options
    If anyone can still get a decent performance out of him Evans is that man .. However I suspect that JCH's career is in terminal decline .. as ever, we will see 
    Unlike his bank balance.
  • Options
    edited May 15
    clive said:
    Maybe he heard he was signing for El Gordo and thought they were a Mexican club.  Turned out it was the fat one himself, Steve Evans 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
  • Options
    I am not disappointed by this. When we bid for JCH Appleton was in charge. Maybe Nathan doesn't fancy him. 
  • Options
    He’s really let himself go in recent months 

• Options
    clive said:
    It wasn't binding 
    Lol very good