Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarke Harris Thread

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Gribbo said:
    redbuttle said:
    Does anyone know what TFO is?
    'Tits, Fanny and Olives, oh South London is wonderful"

FFS !!!!

That's not me ! 
  • Options
    you know what ? .. I am not too sure that he is right for us, as I mentioned up the page, we should not be held to ransom over wages, also, more importantly, I think he has an attitude problem .. we don't need another Maddison or for that matter another Kirk
  • Options
    Apparently he's on 6K a week at Peterborough ( Their highest paid player by far ) and isn't after much more in wages but he wants a three year contract and that's a big risk in my opinion. 
    Looking at it the other way, you won’t see many clubs at our level spend £500k on a player only to give them a two year deal.
  • Options
    edited January 8
    T_C_E said:
    Gribbo said:
    redbuttle said:

FFS !!!!

That's not me ! 
    Of course not @Fanny Fanackapan it's a selfie of @TCE going out on a Saturday night to the local Sheppy hostelry!!🤣🤣
  • Options
    edited January 8
    T_C_E said:
    Gribbo said:
    redbuttle said:

FFS !!!!

That's not me ! 
    Of course not @Fanny Fanackapan it's a selfie of @TCE going out on a Saturday night to the local Sheppy hostelry!!🤣🤣
    Oi, oi !

aa
  • Options
    I don't think it's necessarily all about money for players , I think we have become a basket case club , maybe some players do too , the regular sacking of managers does not inspire confidence, JCH may well be looking for stability in what could his last contract as a player in football

If its his last contract surely he will be looking for as much money as possible for as long as possible. But i do agree we cant look that attractive at the moment. We have been a sleeping giant so long we have passed out ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 8
    Gribbo said:
    They can't win lol
    Nor can Charlton! That's why this thread exists. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    More leaking from Peterborough 

I am beginning to believe its all a load of bollocks 
  • Options
    I may be ploughing a lone furrow in this but I won’t be disappointed if we don’t get JCH (so long as we get a decent alternative).  The JCH of a few seasons ago is one thing but his lack of suitors shouts “busted flush” to me and I have to say when I’ve seen him in the flesh I’ve never been overly impressed.  Big name to appease the fans if you ask me but I think we could get better for the money if we look hard enough. Just my opinion. 
    As I said on the rumours thread.
  • Options
    Will be a meltdown if true

But IMO only so much the club can do, we offered the terms we thought appropriate and if he thinks he can get more money abroad thats down to him
    But you don’t go to the trouble of agreeing a fee if you don’t know up front what his wage expectations are.
  • Options
    I may be ploughing a lone furrow in this but I won’t be disappointed if we don’t get JCH (so long as we get a decent alternative).  The JCH of a few seasons ago is one thing but his lack of suitors shouts “busted flush” to me and I have to say when I’ve seen him in the flesh I’ve never been overly impressed.  Big name to appease the fans if you ask me but I think we could get better for the money if we look hard enough. Just my opinion. 
    Yes but is there any intention to pay money for decent players?
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Yes. There very clearly is. Offers have been made and accepted for both Gillesphey and JCH (and potentially Coventry) but in both cases it's the players terms that are issues, not the clubs'.

The intention is definitely there. The capability though? Hmm...
  • Options
    edited January 8
    T_C_E said:
    Gribbo said:
    redbuttle said:

FFS !!!!

That's not me ! 
    Of course not @Fanny Fanackapan it's a selfie of @TCE going out on a Saturday night to the local Sheppy hostelry!!🤣
    I have the “Mankini” photos Wally, I only have press send and Mrs F will need lens replacement surgery 😳😂

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    redbuttle said:
    Yes. There very clearly is. Offers have been made and accepted for both Gillesphey and JCH (and potentially Coventry) but in both cases it's the players terms that are issues, not the clubs'.

The intention is definitely there. The capability though? Hmm...
    Yes but my question remains the same.
  • Options
    Time to move on and get another target instead of being ransomed over wages … for £500 k and up to 6 - 10 k a week wages we should be able to find another good striker….. or how about we spend on a partner for Jones and put Alfie up front
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think it's necessarily all about money for players , I think we have become a basket case club , maybe some players do too , the regular sacking of managers does not inspire confidence, JCH may well be looking for stability in what could his last contract as a player in football

To be fair if he's looking for stability then he needs to hope City or Liverpool put an offer in as there aren't many other clubs where that's guaranteed. I'm confident he'll simply be looking to earn as much money as possible.
  • Options
    We have got to now be an option of last resort for a player at JCH's level.  Football is a very small industry at this level anyway.  Why put your hand up immediately for all the ball ache of playing for us.  We must be seen as a busted flush by most of our contemporaries.  If he's playing a waiting game then he and his agent are just doing their jobs.
  • Options
    Never seem to do well linked with Peterborough players, Mo Eisa, JCH I'm sure there's been a few more and the one we sign in Maddison was a nutcase 
  • Options
    Oh well, nice while it lasted….
  • Options
    The fact that we are targeting this type
    of player is a vast improvement compared with the black box period. Yes, we have to land a few good players to justify the sense we’re getting, but at least we are not saying ‘who’ to every single name leaked on here at the moment, other than perhaps Gillesphy, Coventry (am sure I passed him last weekend), Fiorini etc who I had never heard of before their leaks on here. Oh, hold on…
  • Options
    gonna end up setting a precedent if we give in to his wage demands (if of course that is the issue). End up being more destabilising in the long run with future contract negotiations for new players or even our own players. 
  • Options
    I thought JCH was likely to decide at the end of the window, whether to sign for someone else or see out the rest of his contract, so no great surprise.
  • Options
    If he does wait until the summer then thats fair enough on his part. Peterborough will be fuming though.
  • Options
    Never expected much movement this week with us playing them on Saturday but if he has decided against it at least it’s not on Jan 30th at 3pm.
    if they really mean it there is plenty of time to try persuade him or find a decent plan B