Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarke Harris Thread

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Have a feeling this isn’t going to happen.
    Probably the perpetual CAFC cycle of disappointment. But wouldn’t he have signed by now if he was up for it?
    Feels like they’re fishing for other offers.
    If the rumours are true and the bid was accepted on Thursday evening, there’s only been one working day between then and now. Give it until this upcoming Thursday/Friday I’d say.

If he’s coming here I bet Peterborough will be desperate to try and drag out the paperwork past next weekend if they can as well.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Probably the perpetual CAFC cycle of disappointment. But wouldn’t he have signed by now if he was up for it?
    If the rumours are true and the bid was accepted on Thursday evening, there’s only been one working day between then and now. Give it until this upcoming Thursday/Friday I’d say.

If he’s coming here I bet Peterborough will be desperate to try and drag out the paperwork past next weekend if they can as well.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if there is an agreement that he can’t play next weekend.
    Yeah I would expect that a mystery injury will appear (causing meltdown on here) and then he'll magically be fine for training the following Monday
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Fergie Jr confirming fee agreed and it's down to personal terms 

Certainly sounds like we are front runners. Hopefully they can settle on terms sooner rather than later.

Cheers for the effort @Twizzle despite how confusing it looks on the phone version of CL

Pretty much confirms to me which I've always thought, that the loss of Chuks is where it all went wrong. Such a bloody good player when avaliable, shame he's so injury prone. 
    How many points do you think we’ve lost without Chuks?
    I really don't know, how longs a piece of string? 😂

I reckon we could be anywhere between 10-15 points better off, either just outside the play-offs barely or just about in them imo. I really rate Chuks and think he makes us look substantially better. If he had a bit more pace and not so injury prone, I think he could have played at a much higher level than this
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    fenaddick said:
    Valley11 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if there is an agreement that he can’t play next weekend.
    Yeah I would expect that a mystery injury will appear (causing meltdown on here) and then he'll magically be fine for training the following Monday
    He already has a calf strain, apparently. 
    Strange how players get little injuries when they want to move.
  • Options
    From the Peterborough forum
  • Options
    Does anyone know what TFO is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    The Foreign Office? 
  • Options
    Depends entirely on how few grand. I wouldnt want us taking a massive punt on him if it comes at the expense of being able to bring in better players than we currently have elsewhere on the pitch
  • Options
    I genuinely thought that clubs are fully aware and have pretty much agreed personal terms in the background before agreeing the fee. Surely that’s the most sensible approach. 
  • Options
    edited January 8
    Gribbo said:
    redbuttle said:
    'Tits, Fanny and Olives, oh South London is wonderful"
    ‘I’ll saves yer OLIVE! Yuk, yuk, yuk 🤣 (one for the oldies).

• Options
    Will be a meltdown if true

But IMO only so much the club can do, we offered the terms we thought appropriate and if he thinks he can get more money abroad thats down to him
    If true the online meeting on Wednesday will be interesting. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

But IMO only so much the club can do, we offered the terms we thought appropriate and if he thinks he can get more money abroad thats down to him
    They will lie and say negotiations are ongoing.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

They will lie and say negotiations are ongoing.
    Lie. Never
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They can't win lol
  • Options
    Shame but unsurprising. I doubt we can afford higher wages than Peterborough, and we are a lesser club in recent history.

I can't blame him - not many of us want to go to Charlton at the moment. 
  • Options
    Cawley hasnt confirmed or denied this latest news🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited January 8
    What would be better…

a) JCH on 10k a week
    b) Humphrys on 5k a week

JCH’s goal record speaks for itself but I’d also be very happy with Humphrys as an alternative (if he’ll move south)
  • Options
    edited January 8
    I wish it was so simple. I don't think that just because we miss out on JCH, Humphry is gonna walk through the door 
  • Options
    Apparently he's on 6K a week at Peterborough ( Their highest paid player by far ) and isn't after much more in wages but he wants a three year contract and that's a big risk in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Could always give him decent basic
    SIlly goals bonus
    Bonus for keeping us up !

I'm not sure we're in a very strong bargaining position !
  • Options
    I don't think it's necessarily all about money for players , I think we have become a basket case club , maybe some players do too , the regular sacking of managers does not inspire confidence, JCH may well be looking for stability in what could his last contract as a player in football