Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    The odds on a draw is 16/1 and and a Sri Lanka win 7/1. I have stuck a £1 on each. 
    Did you do the double at 112/1?
    I didn't realise there was a double on? I did it on Bet365.  Where did you see those odds TMA?

You can't have a double on the two results. They are separate entities. Effectively it would make England winning less than 1/100 and bookmakers would be broke! 
  • Lawrence makes his usual brisk 30.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    The odds on a draw is 16/1 and and a Sri Lanka win 7/1. I have stuck a £1 on each. 
    Did you do the double at 112/1?
    I didn't realise there was a double on? I did it on Bet365.  Where did you see those odds TMA?

You can't have a double on the two results. They are separate entities. Effectively it would make England winning less than 1/100 and bookmakers would be broke! 
    thought so

• Well done Jamie Smith.

Very unBazballish this morning, just conventional Test match batting.
  • Atkinson with 20 (65) in a partnership of 66 did exactly the sort of job required of him 
  • How come they didn't have lunch at the end of the innings? 
  • not complaining. already got a wicket. 
    Lunch isn't until 1:15 as there's extended play today

I am confusd by that as well. I expected them to take the lunch early as the turnaround is normally 10 minutes?  Unless there is extended play today because of time lost yesterday? 
  • It would be lovely if I could find the scheduled lunch an tea breaks today? Can't find them anywhere? Like suziesausage I was expecting them to go off for lunch at 12.50 (due to the change around of 10 minutes) and go lunch 12.50 to 1.30? Luckily I switched the TV back over to cricket 5 minutes later. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I missed the wicket as I'd switched over to watch something else.

i reckon it's probably on the BBC live match thread thing, but I've got work to do and don't have time to keep track of all that (whilst watching cricket and loitering on Charlton life)  o:)

2 down....

• thanks @killerandflash
    It's 13.17 and they're still playing.... assume because the over started before 13.15?

confused from Sidcup 
  • Battle of the Smiths
    2024 Tests 

Jamie 4 matches, 5 innings, 318 runs, 63.60 ave (thirty 4s and six 6s) 
    Steve 5 matches, 10 innings, 213 runs, 30.42 ave (twenty five 4s and one 6) 

• Cheers Killerandflash. 
  • thanks @killerandflash
    It's 13.17 and they're still playing.... assume because the over started before 13.15?

confused from Sidcup 
    That's correct. 
  • thanks @killerandflash

confused from Sidcup 
    That's correct. 
    so does it still start at 1.55 even though they didn't walk off till 1.20? 
  • I might be wrong, but my recollection is that the next session always starts on time even if they went off the pitch 4 minutes late at lunch or tea.
  • I might be wrong, but my recollection is that the next session always starts on time even if they went off the pitch 4 minutes late at lunch or tea.
    I thought that, as when I'm there, it's a strict 1.40 start and slow overs just eat into their lunch etc. 

however, they didn't start till 2 I'd say as the adverts were still on when I wrote my msg at the expected start time. 
  • edited August 23
    Quite alarmed by the pitch. Not just the pea roller from Bashir but the number of times batsmen have been hit on the hands from balls that have bounced excessively off a length
    There's another victim - that is broken/dislocated. We are probably lucky that Sri Lanka don't have anyone that can bowl at 95mph. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Every delivery Alan Knott kept wicket to, standing up, would have been a no ball via a DRS check
  • The England fielders don't appear to like Potts do they!
  • The England fielders don't appear to like Potts do they!
    So Potts shows them how to do it instead
  • Finally another wicket. Mathews gone.
  • Bloody ECB.  If they hadn't picked Mark Wood, there's no way he'd have got injured.  Typical. 
  • Sri Lanka 125 ahead, and the weather forecast for tomorrow isn't great
  • Kamindu century.
    Impressive
  • 205 needed to win. Won't be easy.
  • I’m a little surprised by the number of empty seats this evening with England trying to knock off the runs to win the game.
  • Very poor crowd. That's why they always play so many games at Lord's and The Oval, as they get the crowds.