Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• Atkinson averages 20 in the county championship, so would be a reasonable 9. He'll bat 8 I assume though.
    He will but he's never looked convincing for Surrey with the bat even when he has scored some runs. 
  • Atkinson is decent with the bat and Wood isn't awful either. Can't remember what Potts is like batting though. Happy to see him playing, think he's a great bowling option
  • Potts has a 149* this season!
  • Women's T20 result 
    Argentina 420/1 (20) 
    Chile 63 (15)
  • They can all hold a bat but the bottom line is that they will be there to help Smith, if he is still in, by not trying to be super heroes and by getting/staying off strike. If easy runs come along for them then fine but they are there to support Smith because he has that ability to go big at the end of the innings. Once he's out then it will be a case of "each to their own" especially as I can't see someone like Wood blocking without a recognised batsman at the other end. 
  • Chizz said:
    Women's T20 result 
    Argentina 420/1 (20) 
    Chile 63 (15)
    "Stay with us after the break on Sky Sports Chile where Chile's women, at 48-7 are battling hard to overcome Argentina's 420-1. Could be an exciting finish, that you won't want to miss."
  • Chizz said:
    Women's T20 result 
    Argentina 420/1 (20) 
    Chile 63 (15)
    looks a bit green,  I think we'll have a bowl....
  • Meanwhile, in Apia, Samoa, the home team faced Vanuatu in an iT20 World Cup qualifier.  

Samoa, batting first, had reached 77/5 after 14 overs, with Darius Visser steadying a faltering innings on 46*.  Vanuatu captain Joshua Rasu brought all-rounder Nalin Nipiko back on to bowl his third over, following his tidy earlier spell of 2-0-11-0. 

It didn't go well. 

• MrOneLung said:
    Chizz said:
    Women's T20 result 
    Argentina 420/1 (20) 
    Chile 63 (15)
    looks a bit green,  I think we'll have a bowl....
    They did, in fact, stick them in!
  • Absolutely pathetic pair of dismissals so far. Test cricket eh, I remember it
  • Sponsored links:

• What a start for England. 
    Sri Lanka review but it's clearly hitting. 

Sri Lanka  6 for 3 
  • this is why the ECB need the Hundred revenue
  • I don't envy those that have tickets for the weekend. 
  • Woakes batting too high at 7 isn’t going to be a problem is it?
  • If Sri Lanka’s batting proves as flimsy as the Windies’, I’m not sure it helps us rebuild for the next Ashes.
  • it's fine, England have selected the most out of form professional bowler in the country
  • Can’t imagine how terrifying it would be to face Mark Wood
  • fenaddick said:
    Can’t imagine how terrifying it would be to face Mark Wood
    Especially when he rocks up at a club game as he did last season
  • fenaddick said:
    Can’t imagine how terrifying it would be to face Mark Wood
    Kusal Mendis has had enough of it and defended into the slips
  • My word. First morning of a Test match and it hits the batsman on an the ankle!
  • Sponsored links:

• As well as we have bowled, the Sri Lankan batting has, in the main, been woeful. 
  • Quality innings from anyone let alone a fast bowler on debut! 
  • Quite alarmed by the pitch. Not just the pea roller from Bashir but the number of times batsmen have been hit on the hands from balls that have bounced excessively off a length
  • Quite alarmed by the pitch. Not just the pea roller from Bashir but the number of times batsmen have been hit on the hands from balls that have bounced excessively off a length
    Before you say it ..no its not the fault of the ECB and the Hundred 😁
  • The odds on a draw is 16/1 and and a Sri Lanka win 7/1. I have stuck a £1 on each. 
  • edited August 21
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the order of venues for the 25/26 Ashes has been confirmed - and there’s a couple of small changes, both involving the Gabba.

- 1st Test in Perth
    - 2nd Test in Brisbane (D/N)
    - 3rd Test in Adelaide
    - 4th Test in Melbourne (Boxing Day)
    - 5th Test in Sydney (New Years)

Brisbane will be moved to the 2nd Test after WA made an agreement with Cricket Australia to host the 1st Test of each Australian summer for the next three years. Additionally, the day/night won’t be in Adelaide this time around, as it moves to the Brisbane venue. The MCG and SCG are unmoved from their traditional spots on the calendar.

There is some murmurs that the Gabba might not be available for the 29/30 tour as it’s part of the plans for the 2032 Olympics and likely needs work done to be ready - opens the door for Hobart and Canberra.

Additionally there’s set to be a one-off Test between Australia and England at the MCG in March 2027 to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Test cricket.
  • edited August 21
    lolwray said:
    Quite alarmed by the pitch. Not just the pea roller from Bashir but the number of times batsmen have been hit on the hands from balls that have bounced excessively off a length
    Before you say it ..no its not the fault of the ECB and the Hundred 😁
    I heard that they ran out of strips to use because of the Hundred. DBD not being allowed to play for Kent for the last week so turning out for Blackheath at the weekend definitely was though!
  • Rudders22 said:
    The odds on a draw is 16/1 and and a Sri Lanka win 7/1. I have stuck a £1 on each. 
    Did you do the double at 112/1?
  • Rudders22 said:
    The odds on a draw is 16/1 and and a Sri Lanka win 7/1. I have stuck a £1 on each. 
    Did you do the double at 112/1?
    I didn't realise there was a double on? I did it on Bet365.  Where did you see those odds TMA?

• Two consecutive wrong LBW calls by the Umpire!