Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Appleton ear cup

Comments

• The Friend Or Defoe said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Tattoos mean nothing. It's just body art. They do not affect who a person is. 

I have known very successful business professionals with sleeves and some of the worst people I have ever met have had no tattoos. 
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100067234029528
    Thanks for that 👍 
    Brightened up a dull morning.
  • If that pic hasn't been Photoshopped, think he may have a serious problem, to get muscles like that you need to visit the Gym everyday, (and take some illegal steroids). May explain his demeanor on the touchline! Just a thought maybe totally wrong but you never know!
  • Look, we are all slagging him off, no problem with him reacting. I'd rather criticise his tactics.
    Yeah, I agree.  He needs to lose the hat and choose his other ear. 
  • If that pic hasn't been Photoshopped, think he may have a serious problem, to get muscles like that you need to visit the Gym everyday, (and take some illegal steroids). May explain his demeanor on the touchline! Just a thought maybe totally wrong but you never know!
    I'm sure he's on top of any health concerns given his recent medical history. Not for us to speculate.
  • What he needs to do is resign or start winning games.
  • Sponsored links:

• You just don't do it to your own fans, no matter if you are a manager or player, suck it up, prove us wrong, as you are in a position any of us would love to be in and would do for a lot less money.

I would say it is Appleton being overly precious, as were Payne & Fraser last season when I believe there was a suggestion they did it too at MK Dons. 
  • From a reliable source I know that Appleton and Scott had a massive argument in the dressing room after the Oxford defeat
    Hopefully Appleton told Scott to f*** off, he should not be in the dressing room.
    Neither should Appleton. Useless bellend. I mentally checked out after the Gillingham game. There's a long list of terrible Charlton performances but I think it's the worst.
  • I think Appleton is losing the plot and am not against him being sacked as long as we don't replace with the same, but with the squad as it stands, I can also see it is pretty hard for him, as it would be anybody else, to get us doing any better. He didn't recruit any of these players and we ought to be a bit understanding of that.
  • For me there is a big difference between shouted abuse and chants like "getting sacked in the morning".
  • I think fans can be a bit precious here. They can verbally abuse him but he can't cup his ears? 
    No he can't (just like Nelson shouldn't have called fans "Village idiots", just like Roger Johnson shouldn't have said "if you don't like it, don't come").

As a player or manager, if you get abuse, you keep your head down and don't respond (unless its opposition fans...). It's a tried and tested method.

If Appleton was giving one of his players the old "hairdryer treatment" and the player cupped his ear, do you think Appleton would accept that? The answer is no - that player would be out as any element of respect and trust is gone.

That same relationship exists between players / managers and fans.
  • I think fans can be a bit precious here. They can verbally abuse him but he can't cup his ears? 
    No he can't (just like Nelson shouldn't have called fans "Village idiots", just like Roger Johnson shouldn't have said "if you don't like it, don't come").

As a player or manager, if you get abuse, you keep your head down and don't respond (unless its opposition fans...). It's a tried and tested method.

If Appleton was giving one of his players the old "hairdryer treatment" and the player cu KOpped his ear, do you think Appleton would accept that? The answer is no - that player would be out as any element of respect and trust is gone.

That same relationship exists between players / managers and fans.

Would the moment be similar to this?

• From a reliable source I know that Appleton and Scott had a massive argument in the dressing room after the Oxford defeat
    I heard from a reliable source they hadn't been on speaking terms for weeks.
    If they had a barney in the changing room, at least they're speaking to each other again, whether they're on listening terms is another question.
  • seth plum said:
    From a reliable source I know that Appleton and Scott had a massive argument in the dressing room after the Oxford defeat
    I heard from a reliable source they hadn't been on speaking terms for weeks.
    If they had a barney in the changing room, at least they're speaking to each other again, whether they're on listening terms is another question.
    How can that work?
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't Appleton have been sacked already if there was an issue between them? 
  • It isn't it seems to me.
    One says I'm in charge and I'm right you're wrong, the other says you're wrong and don't have a clue.

Hopefully Appleton told Scott to f*** off, he should not be in the dressing room.
    Neither should Appleton. Useless bellend. I mentally checked out after the Gillingham game. There's a long list of terrible Charlton performances but I think it's the worst.
    Hull away 6-0 in the Riga relegation season and Northwich Victoria in the FA Cup will beat that.
  • Talal said:
    Wouldn't Appleton have been sacked already if there was an issue between them? 
    Not sure why Scott would have much involvement with any manager on a matchday.
    If I'm not mistaken Holden's relationship with Scott was a bit iffy as well.

• Talal said:
    Wouldn't Appleton have been sacked already if there was an issue between them? 
    Depends if the investors are willing to pay the compensation for another failed manager to leave.
  • edited January 3
    I think fans can be a bit precious here. They can verbally abuse him but he can't cup his ears? 
    Yes. We pay money to watch HIS team perform. Like the good old theatre days, you boo if you don't like what you see. If the manager then has the audacity to basically say "you what" then they don't belong in the job.

IF......and it's a very big IF, he did cup his ears then he should have been sacked immediately. Very disrespectful to the fans & doesn't deserve to be the manager of the club. 

I don't believe he did do it as he wouldn't be that stupid to do so. If evidence did ever appear of him doing it & he is not sacked then its the iast time I set foot at The Valley whilst he is in charge. 
    Presumably that would be over Scott's longstanding dislike of inky sleeves.
    You do not need steroids to get to his size in that pic lol. You can gain that exercising 5x a week consistently over a few years. 

Now young Diego Poyet....

• Him and his Dad have got an un-fancied Greek side to Euro play offs