Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Appleton ear cup

Am I going mad, or did I see Appleton cup his ear to the boos when walking off after today’s game?

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere. If true it probably deserves its own thread. 

Comments

• Am I going mad, or did I see Appleton cup his ear to the boos when walking off after today’s game?

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere. If true it probably deserves its own thread. 
    100%. Saw it myself.

Strange bloke.
  • edited January 1
    I've just seen a few people mention it on Twitter and came on here to see if anyone saw it. 

What does he hope to accomplish with that? 
  • I definitely thought I saw it just as he was heading to the tunnel
  • edited January 1
    EDIT: wrong thread.
  • Blokes a plonker! I get he was getting stick (deservedly so) but you can’t react to it from your own fans. Just shows how far we have fallen with this wally in charge of us! Not sure what scares me more, keeping him or replacing him as if we do it will be another journeyman no hoper coming in. 
  • I’ll be honest with you, I sit in the north lower and it looked like he was pulling his hat down over his ears 
  • He just can’t see what a c..t he is and what he is doing to our club.

Same old tactics, we are so predictable.

A little passion on the touchline wouldn’t go amiss, but no stands there like a fish out of water.

Get rid now before it’s to late.
  • Is this really true?
    I was gone on the final whistle, but maybe it was Appleton finally realising the fans exist, well exist as more than mere ballast in the bullshit regime algorithm.
    Seriously, if Appleton did sarcastically cup the ear at our fans he should go. The match, Appleton, did not stand alone as a one off, but the latest in your run of games, .
    The famous Lyon plan acknowledged that the fans are usually right, I think Appleton dismisses the fans on the basis that he is working in football and we're not. But as the famous saying goes, you don't have to be able to play the violin yourself to know when it's being played out of tune.
    The only way back for Appleton is to win all of our remaining games.
  • Wasn't there, but that's incredible  if true.

What a prick
  • Sponsored links:

• This can't be true!!!!
  • I think Appleton might be in the Len Shackleton school of footballers. When Shackleton wrote his book, the chapter entitled 'The Average Directors Knowledge of Football' which was a blank page. I believe Appleton has that mindset, certainly about us the fans.
  • edited January 1
    Saw the thread title and thought this was a new Mickey Apples themed item in the club shop. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If he did do it, and it’s not clear if he did, but if he did, then it’s the beginning of the end. You don’t piss off your biggest stakeholder.
  • There were only a few players who came round for the fans who stayed to clap them off. Dobbo, Hector, I think T Watson, only about 5 or 6. Appleton did not come via the cirbishley stand and if he had he would have been booed all the way off the pitch. 
  • I’m absolutely convinced he did do it.

He done the same thing to Blackpool fans when we equalised earlier this season so he has form.
  • Grass.
  • We all want him gone so we all agree he definitely did it and definitely wants to antagonise the fans. Right?
  • He thinks he’s proper hard. Helmet.
    Say that to his face.