Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Appleton ear cup

Comments

• swordfish said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    He thinks he’s proper hard. Helmet.
    Say that to his face.

Normal stance on the touchline, or hands in pocket.
    This photo tells u all u need to know about the size of this man’s brain 
    It tells me he's worked on his upper body strength and likes tattoos. Nothing more.
    and thinks showing both off is going to impress - ok if you're a WWE wrestler i guess  - each to their own 
  • There's lots of debate about whether a manager is or isn't justified in giving it back when he gets abuse, but none of that actually matters. Whether or not he has the 'right' to do it it's only going to end badly. You're not going to win out because you behaved just as badly as the fans who took it too far and in the end you'll lose them and that just increases the pressure on you. The main takeaway I have from this with that in mind is that Appleton is just a bit thick, which isn't a great trait for a manager.
    I think its more likely to say he wants the bullet. My view is he's got a tough job since the forward line got injured but has made a poor fist of it and is wed to a shit system that only really suits 1 of our players - and he's playing for himself and will be off.     
  • edited January 2
    Hasnt Alfie may got most of his goals out right or playing the 10 role? Im sure when everyone is back and fit we will see Alfie up top with a partner.Yes tactically he hasnt made the best decisions but the players who have come in havnt given him a headache for selection.

As for Oxford having players out then surely their fringe players are far far better than ours who want it more than ours.We all have our views and yes its not a good place to be at the moment but lets see how it goes in the transfer window then judge him then.

I still think the players have let us down.
  • UEAAddick said:
    I don't have a problem with it if he did....if fans give it we have to accept it when players/ managers give it back.

I imagine if I was failing at work and getting told how bad i was etc I'd react.   I quite like it when people give it back in this uber sanistised sterile football environment that we edge ever closer too.

Still think he's a poor manager but have the camel with him over his subs and results rather than a bit of pantomime stuff giving it back to fans who've given it to 

Bowyer did it one of first games back with fans in after lockdown when we lost to MK Dons and complained about the atmosphere after a terrible performance. It was a terrible time to do it, because of when it happened just after lockdown when fans were just happy to be in the ground again and because of the result. As a result a lot of fans began to question him, when at the time he was fully supported by the vast majority.

It just never really works taking it out on your own fans. Just in same way that if you work in a service industry, slagging off customers or heavily arguing with them, is just something you can't do rightly or wrongly.

The only people who can slightly get away with it are the likes of guardiola etc, because they are winning every week pretty much, so people turn a blind eye. When you're on a terrible run in the 3rd tier, it makes you look like you're looking for excuses and someone else to blame.
    Id forgotten abt this, but I was at this game. We were shocking and Bow decided to dig out the 2k there for not making an atmosphere and inspiring the team lol
  • Hasnt Alfie may got most of his goals out right or playing the 10 role? Im sure when everyone is back and fit we will see Alfie up top with a partner.Yes tactically he hasnt made the best decisions but the players who have come in havnt given him a headache for selection.

As for Oxford having players out then surely their fringe players are far far better than ours who want it more than ours.We all have our views and yes its not a good place to be at the moment but lets see how it goes in the transfer window then judge him then.

I still think the players have let us down.
    Those exact same players (minus Aneke) were coming from behind and scoring late goals instead of conceding them earlier this season, under the same manager even.

So for them to have reverted to the current spineless milquetoast bunch of current means that something has changed for the worse behind the scenes and that has to be on the manager to answer for.

I don't disagree that the players have let us down. It's just not ONLY the players letting us down.
  • DOUCHER said:
    swordfish said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    Say that to his face.

It tells me he's worked on his upper body strength and likes tattoos. Nothing more.
    and thinks showing both off is going to impress - ok if you're a WWE wrestler i guess  - each to their own 

Not looking forward to the shoot of him all oiled up and in his underwear.
  • Mr. Happy said:
    DOUCHER said:
    swordfish said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    Say that to his face.

Nah, he goes commando.
    Tis why he’s always got his hands in his pockets.

🤢🤢🤢🤢
  • Sponsored links:

• He'll be wearing this on the touchline next.
  • Mr. Happy said:
    DOUCHER said:
    swordfish said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    Say that to his face.

Nah, he goes commando.
    Tis why he’s always got his hands in his pockets.

🤢🤢🤢🤢
    Sounds both disgusting and yet more intriguing than what's going on the pitch at the same time.
  • No way he gets sacked in January. Think it will be around March when it is clear he can’t get the best out of the new signings.
  • CafcCrazy said:
    If we lose to Port vale on Saturday, I think that will be the final nail for him. Surely ? 
    IF??? 
  • Bet he’s gutted he wasn’t here 8 years ago. Him, Roland, Katrien and Keohane could have formed the ultimate fan-hating dream team of them against the world. 
    I bet he's enquired if they can resurrect the sofa, for him to sit on in his technical area, and maybe a wide screen TV to watch Crown Green Bowling during our games. 
  • Has there been any pictures or videos of him doing this ear cup ? I suppose there wouldn’t have been many people left in the ground to be fair . 
  • It definitely happened witnessed by myself but I’m not someone who constantly has my phone out photographing everything.
  • Maybe he got confused with the Toasting Of The Loving Cup tradition in the boardroom 😆

https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1741829401606586548?s=46&t=XKP2ZTnCO-QQ08I1djLdeQ

• Sponsored links:

• If they're prepared to put up with his incompetence and not jog him on, then we can only prepare for 2024 to be even worse than last year.

The question is, how bad does it have to get before they decide enough is enough?

I'm sure we're all looking forward to finding out.  Yay.
  • edited January 2
    Scoham said:
    Say that to his face.

Saw this earlier and presumed it was photoshopped. 

I've just realised it's genuine and I'm crying with laughter!!

What a sad gormless f**k!  :D
  • If this is true, he must be the most arrogant manager we've had in my 20 years of following us. 

boggzy said:
    Scoham said:
    Say that to his face.

Saw this earlier and presumed it was photoshopped. 

I've just realised it's genuine and I'm crying with laughter!!

What a sad gormless f**k!  :D
    I got many LOL's on here for mentioning his heavy tattoos when he was just appointed. I found his looks a little scary. I don't mind a bit of tattoos but not sleeves. This incident has now further reinforced (sorry I can't find the right word but I suppose you know what I mean) my previous impressions of him... His appearance is an indication of him being very different to all our previous managers.
  • His tattoos are dramatic, maybe as compensation for his mimsy impuissant voice.
  • edited January 3
    Swisdom said:
    Appleton has lost the fans.  It started a few weeks ago when he was arguing with them and it’s just getting worse.  Incredibly hard to see him winning the fans back over.

he'll be here for the rest of the season i m o unless we REALLY nosedive into the mire at the very bottom .. the owners won't want to risk rocking the boast too much too early as well as having to pay compensation to a man who is pretty much a serial failure, the manager they appointed.

I'm hoping the owners are using this season as a benchmark to gauge how low we have got and what will be needed money wise to address our demise .. thing is it's the hope that kills yer .. hope I'm still alive to see our phoenix like rise up the Leagues  o:)B)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Tattoos mean nothing. It's just body art. They do not affect who a person is. 

I have known very successful business professionals with sleeves and some of the worst people I have ever met have had no tattoos. 
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100067234029528