Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bristol Rovers vs Charlton Athletic: Friday 29th December 2023 | KO 19:45

Comments

• If May isn't fully fit, then surely you don't have him doing the donkey work up and down the right?
    Hallejujah!
    Well, not unless you're a tactical genius
  • edited December 2023
  • supaclive said:
    If May isn't fully fit, then surely you don't have him doing the donkey work up and down the right?
    Hallejujah!
    Well we know you're not a tactical genius eh you melt...

If he was injured it makes sense 
    Continuing to play him whilst injured doesn't 

Seems like you're fixated with me sweetheart
    I'd head off to bed if I was you
    You seem vexed
  • edited December 2023
    Appleton is wrong and the symptom of the joke of a world we live in where nobody is expected to take responsibility. He alludes to not wanting to confront players as they have to play another game in a three days for fear of upsetting them.This isn't the first time this month where is has said similar. He confuses high expectations with being 'negative'. Get rid. Soft, weak minded and uninspiring when we need the exact opposite. 
  • LouisMend said:
    Apples got one thing right !
    we don’t like being pissed on then told it’s raining 
    condescending  tosser 
    If Andy Scott ain’t currently throwing all apples shit in to the car park and instructing the lawyer to dismiss him for gross misconduct then Scott has to be next for  the P45
    thieving shite
  • supaclive said:
    If May isn't fully fit, then surely you don't have him doing the donkey work up and down the right?
    Hallejujah!
    Well we know you're not a tactical genius eh you melt...

You still arguing?

• Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
  • Just watched the Apples post match interview. 
    He’s out of work on Tuesday and he knows it. 
  • Appleton keeps playing the same formation, that has delivered us 3 points of 15 in December. I am genuinely confused why we don't try something different like 3 at the back, just to give opponents something new to think about, as we're so predictable to play against. Opponents know that if you stop May cutting inside, he ends up completely wasted and ineffective on the wing.

Why not switch to 3 at the back for away games? Our full backs aren't good defensively, with a 3rd CB this becomes less important. And we have no established right winger anyway.

GK
             Jones Hector Thomas  
    Watson Watson Dobson  CBT/Edun
                   May      Tedic/Kanu

It's not ideal for CBT, but he's being triple marked now anyway.

We can’t win with 11 men but I guess trying even less won’t hurt 
  • Appleton is wrong and the symptom of the joke of a world we live in where nobody is expected to take responsibility. He alludes to not wanting to confront players as they have to play another game in a three days for fear of upsetting them.This isn't the first time this month where is has said similar. He confuses high expectations with being 'negative'. Get rid. Soft, weak minded and uninspiring when we need the exact opposite. 
    I'm not sure it's sending out the right message to the squad either.

It's basically saying "we're weak and not good enough, but these players are all I've got so I'll have to keep them happy until the window opens".

I'm not sure that's exactly the sort of language that will gee them up, as they won't be bollocked for their performances, but also will be dumped as soon as the window opens.
  • Was at the game, I’m not usually one to call for the manager out so soon but genuinely we’ve declined in my eyes. 

We’ve got no real style of play it’s on the deck then lobbed forward to CBT who is hit and miss at best. Going forward we barely look like a threat and you’ve got our best player playing on the right when he’s a natural striker. 

If your going to get rid do it now and replace him quickly with someone for January and build, personally I wouldn’t want to give MA the window I just don’t seem him taking us forward tactically we look shocking.
    You actually think Appleton is the problem. Have a look at his boss
  • Not much to say other than we are bad right now. Like really really really bad. Injuries are hampering us but Appleton seems to be taking us backwards as well.

Depressing. 

• Sponsored links:

• lonman said:
    Was at the game, I’m not usually one to call for the manager out so soon but genuinely we’ve declined in my eyes. 

We’ve got no real style of play it’s on the deck then lobbed forward to CBT who is hit and miss at best. Going forward we barely look like a threat and you’ve got our best player playing on the right when he’s a natural striker. 

If your going to get rid do it now and replace him quickly with someone for January and build, personally I wouldn’t want to give MA the window I just don’t seem him taking us forward tactically we look shocking.
    He’s not the only problem but we don’t seem to have gained any sort of identity to the way we play under him. Even now I’m not sure what style he really wants to play.

We also need some leaders a few older heads who have been round the block and can take a game by the scruff, as much as I love Dobbo he’s not the right captain for us but currently he’s the best of the bunch.
  • That was not a bad performance tonight we did not deserve to lose that game but the main diff was they bring in a physical experienced striker and ours are injured , and that’s when we started to slip once Leaburn joined Aneke on the injured list … was not long ago we were scoring for fun , MA must be frustrated and he most be given time to get his own players in .. and to build a balanced squad . 
    If you actually went to the games instead of sat on your backside then your views would be different(allowing for the fact you're a wum).
  • lonman said:
    Was at the game, I’m not usually one to call for the manager out so soon but genuinely we’ve declined in my eyes. 

He’s not the only problem but we don’t seem to have gained any sort of identity to the way we play under him. Even now I’m not sure what style he really wants to play.

We also need some leaders a few older heads who have been round the block and can take a game by the scruff, as much as I love Dobbo he’s not the right captain for us but currently he’s the best of the bunch.

Who appointed Appleton saying he was the standout appointment, excelled on the grass and really knew how to bring youth players through ?  Who's in charge of the signings ? 
  • Once Again, same Shite on a different Day.
    clueless and incompetent !!!
  • Let’s face it . None of us were particularly happy when Appleton was appointed and I think we’ve been proven right . That must fall at Scott’s door . 
    Agree. Blokes vanilla. 
  • I can’t believe that I’m going to say this, but… All of this sodding around since Curbs and we might as well have just kept Dowie in charge. We wouldn’t have been in a worse position than where we are now, surely..? Either that or we should’ve just stuck with Pardew, Parkinson, Powell, Robinson, Bowyer, Jackson etc (I know that there have been more managers in between but you know what I'm getting at). They’re not the issue, the running of the club has been the problem for years and until that changes we’re only going to see more of the same.