Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bristol Rovers vs Charlton Athletic: Friday 29th December 2023 | KO 19:45

Comments

• Fitter and stronger than us. Got bullied. We could have got something from the game if we had a bit more composure/luck but a soft underbelly and the work to change that has to start now.
  • How can you be a professional football player in the front 6 of the field and not want to take the ball off the defence and make things happen? Take the ball, turn, take the foul or beat the player. Get the team up the pitch at least. Anderson has zero football brain, CBT should be a sprinter not a footballer, Kanu is like one of those kids you put up front just to stay away from play; again has no football brain and offers nothing! 

Imagine an Appleton team in the Championship, that would be diabolical let alone the fact we will never get there with him. He stands there on the side with his hands in his pockets, never seen the guy make a gesture in terms of a tactical switch up or a bit of motivation. 

League One isn’t Yann ball anymore where you hit it up to the big man to flick it on, there’s more to it. Formations are set up to deal with the second balls. You need to play through the lines with footballers who don’t do the first thing that comes to mind, they actually think outside the box, create space and bring others into play.

Another bottom half mid table season unfortunately.
  • I haven't been down to The Valley for a couple of months now. Been thinking about gong on Monday as its a new year. New start perhaps ? New manager in by then ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
    We are absolute Shite.  Sack the lot off. TWUNTS
    (i changed the wording to not get a ban)

Night 
  • So 3 points out of 15 this month, when at least 3 of those were games you'd expect to win as a promotion seeking club. Plus dumped out of the FA Cup by Gillingham (and the EFL Trophy by Reading).  It's all gone horribly wrong this month.
  • Curbs just put it perfectly post match, this team is full of individuals and no leaders. No bollocks to hold onto a lead or a point away from home and the manager has no clue. Embarrassing! 
  • wont be there Monday because I’m sick of watching this dogshit set of players and wank coaching team perform the same level of pish each week. I hope the fans give them the stick they deserve 
  • Again caught out with a lack of leadership and switching off at the end of a game. I don't know how many times this has happened this year but it is too many.

Teams know exactly how to play against us and Appleton is too inflexible to change formation, most subs always being like for like. Today the subs miraculously got us a goal but it was also one of them that gave away the unnecessary free kick leading to the calamitous second goal.

A December to forget, a December that won't exactly have players clamouring to join us for the rest of the season.

• Sponsored links:

• I just cannot believe what I have seen.A worst goal than the one against Orient.Just look where our defence is when one of two players 5 yards out puts the ball in from an unchallenged pass into the goal area..Hector is actually on the edge of the penalty area when they score, where is the urgency to get back and fill the area,CBT looks like he has nodded off.Would also point out this was Dobsons worst game in a Charlton shirt,his passing was hopeless.This is getting worse,but I dont see what Appleton can do when he is regularly let down by the players on the pitch,i wouldnt like to manage this lot.
  • The problem is, if Appleton is sacked, shouldn't Scott walk with him? He has more responsibility for the squad than Appleton and it isn't easy putting a team of kids and softies out against men.
    Problem with that is, whatever his title says, he's essentially the Director Of Football at the club. I reckon that pays pretty well and he won't volunteer to give that up, so the only way he gets the sack is a vote of no confidence from the other directors on the board (his mates) or from the owners giving enough of a shit to notice he's to blame and not the head coach at the time, which I reckon is pretty unlikely 
  • Alfie was injured that’s why he come off 
  • Absolutely pathetic. It won’t get any better under apples. Droll of the next few months trying now to avoid a relegation scrap. Don’t anyone tell me we’re too good to go down. You can see the team is totally lost. 
    Dobbo will go soon, CBT too ( Hopefully he’s utter crap) 
    God help us on Monday. Worst I’ve seen for ages. 
    Holden must be laughing his head off. 
  • That was not a bad performance tonight we did not deserve to lose that game but the main diff was they bring in a physical experienced striker and ours are injured , and that’s when we started to slip once Leaburn joined Aneke on the injured list … was not long ago we were scoring for fun , MA must be frustrated and he most be given time to get his own players in .. and to build a balanced squad . 
    Wum’s gonna wum.