Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Cambridge Utd : Saturday 9th December 2023 : KO 3.00PM

Comments

• The odd game where they play bad is put down to the team…but regularly playing bad with no apparent tactics or motivation then…I’d seriously question the manager…
  • Valley11 said:
    We play with about as much intensity as if it's a pre season friendly. 
    Fucking show some passion. 
    Been like it for weeks
    No desire or aggression 
    Blame the manager.

About the most beige of managers you could get. 

• I think we’ve seen why Chem Campbell hasn’t been playing .. the invisible man. Cambridge are lively and should be leading. The right back looks a handy little playe 
  • edited December 2023
    One of the most lightweight elevens I can remember. I don't think that midfield has won a single second ball. Cambridge play long, Hector & Thomas get their head on it, and Cambridge won the next duel every time and then played forward. 

When we do get it, Cambridge have a high line with two slow defenders but we've not played in behind with any effectiveness. So they haven't dropped off.

Players scared to play forwards... Nothing going right other than our two CBs defending crosses into the box very well. 
  • SDAddick said:
    Valley11 said:
    We play with about as much intensity as if it's a pre season friendly. 
    Fucking show some passion. 
    Been like it for weeks
    No desire or aggression 
    We were decent against Carlise and not great against Cheltenham but won. 

I swear some of you have goldfish memories like we've been shit for weeks. We had one bad game against Gillingham and now our season is ruined and we're shit. 
    Even when we have won some games we hadn’t been great, Cheltenham wasn’t bad it was piss poor, we squeaked past CVPM, shit against the Gills, the season in general has been pants. We are in for another season and mediocrity and a maybe 10th place finish so it’s no wonder people are pissed off. I know I am.
  • Not sure what anyone expected with a lower league one manager and lower league one players. Going nowhere, don’t expect anything other than more of the same in January transfer window.
  • It doesn’t help that Chem is trying to play every position on the pitch apart from the one he’s been given in central midfield.
    He's making headless chickens look composed today
  • Has there ever been a bigger gap between the perception of how good a player is and the reality of their talent than in the case of Scott Fraser?
  • ross1 said:
    No shots on target. 

Cant score with stats like that.

I'm changing my 4-2 prediction to a boring 0-0. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kanu not warming up. He'll be on
  • Definitely an improvement on last week. We are still shit and the manager didn’t do anything about it but at least we are not losing. The only way is up…we could get a nil nil draw 
  • Truely, truely awful. 

Appleton rapidly losing me. This team and formation is all wrong.

We need to go 352 or 442. Bring Elerewe onto have a bit of height at the back and or Kanu up front as a partner for May.

So many having absolutely awful games. Feel desperately sorry for Rylah as he shouldn't be out there.
  • Nug said:
    Not sure what anyone expected with a lower league one manager and lower league one players. Going nowhere, don’t expect anything other than more of the same in January transfer window.
    Wow, your a ray of sunshine ain't you...🙄
  • edited December 2023
    I’d bring Kanu on for Rylah at half time.

Kanu up top, May back in the 10 and Chem wide right. That 10 role is so pivotal to how Appleton wants to play and Chem isn’t giving us anything in there.

If it still ain’t working for Chem in a more natural position, Tyreece comes on 55-60 mins.
  • Awful performance, the only positive is that we're not losing, as Cambridge have had so many corners and crosses into the box.

No movement, really slow passing, many missed 
  • To sum the first half up. Two very poor 3rd division teams trying to play football.
  • Truely, truely awful. 

We need to go 352 or 442. Bring Elerewe onto have a bit of height at the back and or Kanu up front as a partner for May.

So many having absolutely awful games. Feel desperately sorry for Rylah as he shouldn't be out there.
    We don't need height at the back, we need midfielders that actually win the knock downs and second balls instead of standing there watching and scratching their arse
  • HT stats

Possession 51-49
    Pass Acc % 71-71
    Shots 3-7
    On Target 0-2
    Inside Area 2-6
    xG 0.09-0.34
    Corners 1-7
  • Sponsored links:

• Hang on... Is this allowed from the Crossbar Challenge? :D
  • Ther is a good reason why Cmbridge are near the bottom ... because most other teams beat them
  • HT stats

Possession 51-49
    Pass Acc % 71-71
    Shots 3-7
    On Target 0-2
    Inside Area 2-6
    xG 0.09-0.34
    Corners 1-7
    Well, that's reassuring...
  • Nug said:
    Not sure what anyone expected with a lower league one manager and lower league one players. Going nowhere, don’t expect anything other than more of the same in January transfer window.
    Wow, your a ray of sunshine ain't you...🙄
    But he's right....
  • edited December 2023
    Wow. 13 year old goes for the Xbar challenge, nominated by his Grandad....nearly hit the post, well done lad on having a go...respect

• Water update Thames Water are working on a burst water main in SE7. "Supporters experiencing issues with the toilets are advised to approach a nearby steward"

• H/T - Charlton's xG for that first-half is 0.09 according to FotMob. 0.34 for Cambs.
  • Wow. 13 year old goes for the Xbar challenge, nominated by his Grandad....nearly hit the post, well done lad on having a go...respect
    He'll be selected for next week...

• Att is announced by the club as: 13,373 1373 away fans.
  • sam3110 said:
    Truely, truely awful. 

We don't need height at the back, we need midfielders that actually win the knock downs and second balls instead of standing there watching and scratching their arse
    Won't argue with you that we need that as well!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!