Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Cambridge Utd : Saturday 9th December 2023 : KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Are we playing into a headwind? Feels so much easier for them to come forward.

Or are we just very poor? Our passing isctturly awfull.

Looking at the flag behind the big screen it looks like the wind is blowing towards the Cupboard End i.e. favouring Cambridge this half.
    Are we that desperate for an excuse  :)

I'm just giving a weather report 😉
  • Options
    N/ton 2-0
  • Options
    Pirloesque. 
  • Options
    Port Vale winning 0-1
  • Options
    This is the worst I’ve seen us under Appleton.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Chelts winning 0-1
    Who?
    Corrected, thanks
  • Options
    CC has looked completely anonymous. Brownie talking about it now. 
  • Options
    We're in this cos our spine's okay, but we've got nothing out wide today
  • Options
    Rylah looks like a kid in a man's game so far. Is he really a better option than playing TC, or moving Chem to wing, Fraser as the 10 and Louie in midfield?
  • Options
    First 30 appalling. I have not seen one decent midfield tackle from us. No intensity at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Rylah looks awful  
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Looking at the flag behind the big screen it looks like the wind is blowing towards the Cupboard End i.e. favouring Cambridge this half.
    Fact is it would assist wouldn't it, 
  • Options
    My first game since Blackpool. Remarkable what a depressing experience this is. 
  • Options
    They've got some tidy players cambridge 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Speak for yourself, mine's buggered.
  • Options
    Hector saving us that time 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I’d be good out wide 😂
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Rylah looks like a kid in a man's game so far. Is he really a better option than playing TC, or moving Chem to wing, Fraser as the 10 and Louie in midfield?
    No. Bless him he's made a couple of key defensive blocks but on Wednesday he didn't look ready and it's far worse today. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Fact is it would assist wouldn't it, 
    But against this team we should be winning even against the wind
  • Options
    Not the goal fest I predicted then ?

No worries, only 3 weeks before the new signings start pouring in the door. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

The club can buy the contents of my water bottle off me for £50 if they get desperate #cafc

That looks like a trophy , but we are out of all the cups.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Crowd going mad because May is offside and the free-kick is taken from Charlton's half. FYI - "The sanction for an offside offence is an indirect free kick for the opponent at the place where the offence occurred, even if it is in the player's own half of the field of play."
    That doesn’t make sense.

A quick Google - would seem that if you come from an offside position to receive it in your own half then free kick from where you play the ball from. Learn something new every day!
  • Options
    All part of the cunning plan, give them a sense of superiority early on, then kill them off second half...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    derby winning 0-1
    Posh 2-0
  • Options
     No idea why their keeper is slowing down the game every time he gets the ball. They look like the only team in it at the moment 
  • Options
    akane1908 said:
    ross1 said:

Crowd going mad because May is offside and the free-kick is taken from Charlton's half. FYI - "The sanction for an offside offence is an indirect free kick for the opponent at the place where the offence occurred, even if it is in the player's own half of the field of play."
    That doesn’t make sense.

A quick Google - would seem that if you come from an offside position to receive it in your own half then free kick from where you play the ball from. Learn something new every day!
    Yep, didn’t know that either. Next I’d be told that foul throws have been outlawed.
  • Options
    1. 32'

Post update

Corey Blackett-Taylor (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 32'

Post update

Foul by Danny Andrew (Cambridge United).

• Options
    akane1908 said:
    ross1 said:

That doesn’t make sense.

That is a f***ing stupid law: you can't be offside if you're in your own half so why should it matter if you come back to an onside position i.e. your own half to receive the ball?

Madness.

I'd rather they just scrapped the offside law completely.
  • Options
    Hector so magic he's beguiled the ref to not book him there 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    So counter productive picking such a young player as Rylah in a side like this that is low on confidence and is disjointed by injuries. He was only ever going to get dragged down to the general low level of the rest of the team and the long term damage a game like this can do to a youngster’s confidence and development can be disastrous.

I know we’re short on options. I know someone like Tyreece is badly out of form, but if you want to change something why not a complete formation shift to a 532 or 442 so Kanu could partner May. This starting XI never looked right and they’re playing an imbalanced bunch of strangers.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!