Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Cambridge Utd : Saturday 9th December 2023 : KO 3.00PM

Now, after the farce of the last couple of Cup Matches, it's back to the important stuff of good old League One...
Today we entertain Cambridge United, who sit in 18th, with the same goals against, but only half the goals scored when you compare our two records, and having lost their last three games...however they now have good old Neil Harris in charge, and we are his first game as head coach, so let's just make sure we send him packing with his tail between his legs back from whence he came empty handed...
This is one of those "must win" games, and I don't see anything other than three more points onto our tally come 5pm today...

Here we go...

Academy prospect Henry Rylah will make his full league debut in today's clash with Cambridge

Michael Appleton has made three changes from that team that played Reading on Wednesday, with Terell Thomas, Chem Campbell and Corey Blackett-Taylor all returning to the starting XI.

Lloyd Jones misses out with a minor quad injury, while Louie Watson and Tyreece Campbell move to the bench.

Deji Elerewe is also named as a substitute

The Addicks are expected to continue in a 4-3-3 formation with Tennai Watson, Michael Hector, Thomas and Tayo Edun lining up in front of Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Chem Campbell is joined by captain George Dobson and Scott Fraser in midfield, behind a front three of Rylah, Alfie May and Blackett-Taylor.

Louie Watson, Tyreece Campbell and Elerewe are joined on the bench by Sam Walker, Daniel Kanu and Micah Mbick.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; T.Watson, Hector, Thomas, Edun; Dobson (c), Fraser, C.Campbell; Rylah, May, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Walker, Asiimwe, Elerewe, L.Watson, T.Campbell, Kanu, Mbick

Good to see Dobson and CBT are fit and ready to go..Also, congratulations to Henry Rylah on his league starting debut

Comments

• Options
    How’s Louie Watson not starting 
  • Options
    That's a weak starting 11 and an even weaker bench.
  • Options
    Cambridge tall striker will have a field day.
  • Options
    How’s Louie Watson not starting 
    Cos he was crap the other night is my guess
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Louie Watson not starting is a joke.

• Options
    3 wide men ? -  maybe CBT as central striker ...
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Hopefully Fraser continues where he left off on Wednesday otherwise Dobson will be flagging late on.
  • Options
    Yes of course their striker will have a field day Hector and Thomas are only 6ft 3!!
  • Options
    I think that’s our strongest side available, Watson aside, considering our injuries
    good to see cbt is ok and tedic now on the naughty step!
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    Yes of course their striker will have a field day Hector and Thomas are only 6ft 3!!
    This is the most bizarre post of the year maybe 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tedic injured? 
  • Options
    Limping towards the end of the season again I see.
  • Options
    Charwill said:
    Shame that they have the aerial ability of someone 3ft 6.
    Closely followed by this. Thomas' weaknesses are when he's run at and Hector's is his overambition on the ball. Both are great in the air 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Tedic injured? 
    Tedic is in the bin, pal
  • Options
    Like that line up - very attacking. We might let some goals in but we'll score a few too. 

4-2
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Tedic injured? 
    No, looking at train times back to Manchester as we speak.
  • Options
    Looks like panic if suddenly selected Chem, but no doubt "he's trained excellently".
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Like that line up - very attacking. We might let some goals in but we'll score a few too. 

4-2
    Chill,🍺 they have only scored 14 all season...eazy peazy...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:
    Tedic injured? 
    Probably more not fancied 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chem has been fished out of the bin. Show Apples he was wrong lad 
    Yeah bit of a strange one going from the wilderness to starting ahead of Watson
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chem has been fished out of the bin. Show Apples he was wrong lad 
    Yeah bit of a strange one going from the wilderness to starting ahead of Watson
    Watson has been very diffident of late. If Chem was dropped for something similar it's only fair to apply the same standards throughout 
  • Options
    Welcome to the Studio hot seat Greg...👍
  • Options
    I didn't realise Deji had been recalled from Bromley. When did that happen? Dobbo, Fraser and Chem in midfield is an interesting choice. Fraser is going to have to be on his tackling back form from Wednesday or Dobbo is going to be overwhelmed.
  • Options
    Appleton sounds very despondent in this interview. 
  • Options
    Bench weak and very inexperienced.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I didn't realise Deji had been recalled from Bromley. When did that happen? Dobbo, Fraser and Chem in midfield is an interesting choice. Fraser is going to have to be on his tackling back form from Wednesday or Dobbo is going to be overwhelmed.
    37 minutes ago per Twitter.

I mean probably in the last couple of days it was just posted right around the time the team was announced 
  • Options
    Oh good I'm not losing my marbles then. And oh boy, that is a very young bench.
  • Options
    2-0 May and CBT to score. Henry Rylah with an assist for May
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!