Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham ticket allocation

Comments

• Any spares?
  • PopIcon said:
    shithole
    I'm sure many would say the same about Charlton.
    No Comparison. 
    Agree, but I always find it ludicrous when we sing ‘Fulham’s a shithole’. Almost as ludicrous ad when Burnley sing it at the Valley
    Or Blackburn which should be renamed Shithole.
    Rotherham. 🫣🫣🫣🫣
    Middlesbrough.
  • Carter said:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Gillingham is the biggest shothole you have experienced then you have not travelled even a tenth of the way around the UK. 

Even the ground in itself isn't even top 10 for the worst one I've been to. I accept the scaffolding stand is not nice in the weather but the rest of the ground is decent, they have maintained their original ground rather than move into another out of town soulless bowl, the pitch is about as good as pitches get, it's a really easy place to get to on the train and Rochester is great for drinking before and after the game. What I have found is the game tends to bring put the worst in some of our supporters who get very, very brave there but are very quiet elsewhere. 
    100% right in every respect!
  • Got the best kebab shop master’s in England with out a doubt 
  • I'm with Carter. I quite like Priestfield. Probably been a couple of hundred times over the years, as my brother was a Gills supporter. It's just the away end that lets it down.
  • cazo said:
    Got the best kebab shop master’s in England with out a doubt 
    Masters Kebab is the final word in Turkish food. They are genuinely elite level. All of their meat is excellent but the lamb shish is ethereal. The shop isn't that far from the ground either 
  • Any ideas when these might go on sale ? 
  • Don’t understand the delay. Gillingham knew their fixture and likely opponents weeks ago, the tie was confirmed 6 days ago. I was expecting an announcement the following day .

Probably still in conversation with the police about numbers of away fans.
    There is quite often a level of trouble after these games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• msomerton said:
    Don’t understand the delay. Gillingham knew their fixture and likely opponents weeks ago, the tie was confirmed 6 days ago. I was expecting an announcement the following day .

Probably still in conversation with the police about numbers of away fans.
    There is quite often a level of trouble after these games. 
    The numbers are set by the FA, has to be 15% of the capacity if that's what the away team thinks they need 
  • Maybe Gillingham are hoping to get more of the meccano stand open for this game?
  • Public order/ health and safety over ride competition rules. 
    In the extreme the police could ban away fans, but of course thst would only happen after a legL review by  a court. But adjustments to numbers are not worth the legal costs to clubs to instigate a court review, so go along with the police.
    Not saying that is definitely what us happening here but is a possibility given previous trouble between are young fabs and theirs.
  • Maybe Gillingham are hoping to get more of the meccano stand open for this game?
    Gills fan who I work with told me top half of the away end is rotten, and can’t be used
  • Never realised there has been trouble with them recently. Then again haven't been to a match between us at there's for about 5 years. Think we lost. 
  • sm said:
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    I'm sure many would say the same about Charlton.
    No Comparison. 
    Agree, but I always find it ludicrous when we sing ‘Fulham’s a shithole’. Almost as ludicrous ad when Burnley sing it at the Valley
    Or Blackburn which should be renamed Shithole.
    Blackburn is made up of 10000 of them. Fact.
    It's got worse, was only 4000 last time I checked
  • Thursday, I'm told
  • Never realised there has been trouble with them recently. Then again haven't been to a match between us at there's for about 5 years. Think we lost. 
    There’s history, goes back a while
  • edited November 2023
    DA9 said:
    Never realised there has been trouble with them recently. Then again haven't been to a match between us at there's for about 5 years. Think we lost. 
    Even in schools, my cousins say that Charlton fans are referred to as Tories by some of the Kent school kids and we are a posh club. 

I dropped my cousins mates to our friendly pre-season and they had some light hearted banter and said I'm a snob and that's why I picked Charlton. 

Had to show them on Google maps that Abbey Wood and Thamesmead where I grew up, are hardly the most attractive areas on earth haha.

There's definitely a bit of an edge to the game, more so them than us but there's something there 
  • DA9DA9
    edited November 2023
    DA9 said:
    Never realised there has been trouble with them recently. Then again haven't been to a match between us at there's for about 5 years. Think we lost. 
    Even in schools, my cousins say that Charlton fans are referred to as Tories by some of the Kent school kids and we are a posh club. 

I dropped my cousins mates to our friendly pre-season and they had some light hearted banter and said I'm a snob and that's why I picked Charlton. 

Had to show them on Google maps that Abbey Wood and Thamesmead where I grew up, are hardly the most attractive areas on earth haha.

There's definitely a bit of an edge to the game, more so them than us but there's something there 
    Regular trouble in the last 20 years when we’ve played, resulting in one Gillingham fan (who turned out to be a local Gooner) ending up doing some time behind the door for an incident in a pub whilst the game was on, disruption after that game as Charlton went looking for revenge, pepper spray used by OB.
    Some lifers were in that same pub before the game, The county tavern I think it was called, mini market/shop now, a pal of mine ran it at the time.
    Ever since their “element” have turned out for it and visa versa 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jesus wept how tragic. 

That said any Gills fans who want a straightener, drop me a DM and we will sort it out. Now's the time with black friday sales on
  • edited November 2023
    There is plenty of hangover from the Prem days.  Us ticketing the area, busing fans to home games.  Scally the Spanner stoked it at the time but it is still a bit of an urban myth that we were attempting to nick "their" support.  I mean, as if we would want a load of toothless, Stella swilling, wannabe travellers... We have enough already!
  • They are a bit like Palace , they do not have a local rival so try to invent one. 
  • They are a bit like Palace , they do not have a local rival so try to invent one. 
    Don't they have some weird rivalry with Brighton? 

Seems like that's the de facto place to pick on if you don't have a real rivalry
  • sam3110 said:
    They are a bit like Palace , they do not have a local rival so try to invent one. 
    Don't they have some weird rivalry with Brighton? 

Seems like that's the de facto place to pick on if you don't have a real rivalry
    Swindon
    They could have a “dockyard derby “ with Sittingbourne
  • Maidstone United is a mutual rivalry.
  • DA9 said:
    DA9 said:

Regular trouble in the last 20 years when we’ve played, resulting in one Gillingham fan (who turned out to be a local Gooner) ending up doing some time behind the door for an incident in a pub whilst the game was on, disruption after that game as Charlton went looking for revenge, pepper spray used by OB.
    Some lifers were in that same pub before the game, The county tavern I think it was called, mini market/shop now, a pal of mine ran it at the time.
    Ever since their “element” have turned out for it and visa versa 
    Was called the Britton Farmhouse @DA9

14 years ago now.