Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham ticket allocation

Anyone know how many tickets we’ll get for the cup match ? Still have nightmares about the 3-2 when we were in the prem 

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    It's a dreadful dreadful place.  I have had the "good" fortune to travel the country with Charlton for many years to some dreadful dreadful shit holes. How ironic then that this dreadful dreadful place is only down the A2.

2000 tickets would be great, I just hope the team turn up as well for you.

Soapy Jones, Strood.
  • Options
    Half of the 'temporary stand' is closed for safety reasons. Extra blocks along the side will be allocated.
    Seeing as we've played here half a dozen times over the past ten years, i doubt getting a ticket will be an issue.
  • Options
    I live 4 miles from the ground and wont go,absolute shit hole,and parking within 2 miles nigh on impossible.
  • Options
    I live 4 miles from the ground and wont go,absolute shit hole,and parking within 2 miles nigh on impossible.
    I live in Rainham, so just one stop on the train. 
  • Options
    We need a repeat of these coach times for 2 weeks time 
  • Options
    shithole
  • Options
    shithole
    I'm sure many would say the same about Charlton.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    No Comparison. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    Gills is a different level of shithole.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    Really ? 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    Definitely Simon Jordan 
  • Options
    mickc said:
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    Definitely Simon Jordan 
    Even he couldn’t compare Selhurst Park to The Valley . 
    Now the Priestfield & Selhurst is a close competition to win the shit hole cup . 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    No Comparison. 
    Agree, but I always find it ludicrous when we sing ‘Fulham’s a shithole’. Almost as ludicrous ad when Burnley sing it at the Valley
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    Really ? 
    I cannot think of a decent pub or restaurant in Charlton. There are some lovely houses on the Avenues, west of Church Lane and Charlton House has a nice bit of history. Beyond going to the football i'd never visit.
    Never fancied a curry in the Viceroy after a game? 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    shirty5 said:
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    Really ? 
    I cannot think of a decent pub or restaurant in Charlton. There are some lovely houses on the Avenues, west of Church Lane and Charlton House has a nice bit of history. Beyond going to the football i'd never visit.
    Never fancied a curry in the Viceroy after a game? 
    The Viceroy is quality, can even take your own beers in, from the Coop across the road.

• Options
    Agree, Viceroy is very good food at a decent price.

Had the museum trustees and volunteers annual dinner there the last couple of years.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    That song is literally sung everywhere though. Like 99% of football songs it’s unoriginal and meaningless. I wouldn’t read anything into it.
    Yes, but it works better in some places than others.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    No Comparison. 
    Agree, but I always find it ludicrous when we sing ‘Fulham’s a shithole’. Almost as ludicrous ad when Burnley sing it at the Valley
    Or Blackburn which should be renamed Shithole.
  • Options
    I guess I have an opposite view on footy ground locations. 
    I like the history element, footy grounds built near transport links, grounds that have evolved and outgrown their surroundings etc. 
    Clubs don’t have much say in what gets built around them - or doesn’t get updated around them. 
    Look at the spanners (waste tip), the nigels (supermarket), Luton (someone’s bathroom) etc. 

When I think of Gills, I think short walk from station and chip shop outside  
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    I was thinking about this the last time fans were singing they want to go home. Close to the ground (which is a ground full of character), you have the O2 with the cable cars, you have a large cinema complex, lots of restaurants, A large variety of shops like IKEA, M&S, Macro etc... Then you have Greenwhich Park where they start the London Marathon and you are in the Royal Borough of Greenwhich which has the Cutty Sark, and the Royal Observatory. You also have the Thames Barrier close by which is a fantastic piece of engineering. You can sit outside the Anchor and Hope pub overlooking the Thames with a pint and a tub of Seafood. If that is a shithole, what place isn't?
    Within five minutes walk you have Maryon Wilson park and animal sanctuary and location of the film Blow Up, you have the first ever Mulberry Tree in the UK, an Inigo Jones designed historic house that overlapped with William Shakespeare, the last resting place of Spencer Percival (St Luke’s Church) that assassinated Prime Minister, There is the Thames barrier naturally. You also have great views over one of the world’s most iconic cities,
    Five minutes or less.
    If you’re looking for depressing dross you have Selhurst Park not far off in Surrey.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    No Comparison. 
    Or Blackburn which should be renamed Shithole.
    Rotherham. 🫣🫣🫣🫣
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    shithole
    No Comparison. 
    "Shrewsbury's a shithole"  :D
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    That song is literally sung everywhere though. Like 99% of football songs it’s unoriginal and meaningless. I wouldn’t read anything into it.
    Favourite one is the journeyman striker playing for a lower league club in front of 20 people and apparently he is good enough to score when he wants. 
  • Options
    Can't be many worse places to visit than Oldham. Remember going there about 10-12 years ago and on the cab drive from Manchester (where we stayed overnight) to the ground i was shocked at how many places there were boarded up. And it certainly wasn't because they were expecting huge riots between Oldham and us traveling fans. Parts of it were comparable to a third world town.

And to top it off the ground is on the top of a hill and it's fucking freezing when the wind picks up.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Yes, but it works better in some places than others.
    Of course.