Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+post p21): Cray Valley PM vs Charlton Athletic: FAC1 Replay Wed 15th Nov 2023 | 19:45

Comments

• Options
    Alfie the Conqueror Laid Cray to rest..

if you know you know.... I suspect many won't. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Will be shocked if Cray Valley aren’t promoted 
    They have had issues with their ground not meeting the criteria for the next level up. Hence the money will be really useful in improving their ground.
    What's the criteria for the next level up?

I'd have thought if it was deemed ok to host a live tv game against a league one side then it would surely be ok for tier 7.
  • Options
    Is that a banger for Dobbo in the fa cup and the BDSM trophy at Crawley, now one for the League please .
    I’ll be honest I didn’t think he had that in him , let’s see it happen in a meaningful match please !
    left footer as well, a lovely strike .
  • Options
    Have to admit that I'd never heard of the two late subs Mbick and Kedwell. 

Both managed to contribute something in their limited time though.  
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    All a bit quiet on Blackett Taylor's withdrawal at half time. Has he received a knock or is there something else going on here ? He was lack lustre at Pompey as well. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    All a bit quiet on Blackett Taylor's withdrawal at half time. Has he received a knock or is there something else going on here ? He was lack lustre at Pompey as well. 
    Maybe not fully fit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Surprised to see Mbick with the first team , nice surprise to see him and Toby Bower involved. Credit to Appleton for putting out that starting XI too. 
    Yeah surprised he's ahead of Casey... Unless he's at Cockfosters for the U21s

Would expect Casey is with the U21s , will be interesting to see what their lineup is because I'd have expected Mbick,Kedwell and Bower all to be at Cockfosters
    Any idea what type of Striker Mbick is? 
    Mbick is very similar to Mbappe
    Theme tune: https://youtu.be/NHozn0YXAeE?feature=shared
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I made the mistake of doingbuying a windows updatemachine earlier and my laptop is NOT happy. Updates are likely to be limited, sorry.

What you should have said.
  • Options
    Has Corey's effort deteriorated since Edun has been back?  Tayo does like to bomb forward himself.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    What is this ref playing at? It was a freekick, not a penalty and was the most stonewall red ive ever seen
    Probably already answered. But if it the foul was outside the box it's a red, downgraded to a yellow in the box because it was a deliberate attempt at the ball and prevents a double punishment.

Stupid rule.
    Excellent rule. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    What is this ref playing at? It was a freekick, not a penalty and was the most stonewall red ive ever seen
    Probably already answered. But if it the foul was outside the box it's a red, downgraded to a yellow in the box because it was a deliberate attempt at the ball and prevents a double punishment.

Stupid rule.
    Excellent rule. 
     Guess that's why AMB avoided a red on Saturday
  • Options
    Cray will be up against Ramsgate for promotion, with Ramsgate's tie with Wimbledon being shown on TV and with their money from winning first round tie, they have made well in excess of 120k. Their budget is far more than Cray Valley.
  • Options
    WSA said:
    Has Corey's effort deteriorated since Edun has been back?  Tayo does like to bomb forward himself.
    He didn’t play well but we didn’t get the ball to him as often as we should have done. Playing against a team sitting deep doesn’t suit him either, but that shouldn’t he an excuse against an 8th tier side.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I made the mistake of doingbuying a windows updatemachine earlier and my laptop is NOT happy. Updates are likely to be limited, sorry.

What you should have said.

That's basically an invitation to a gang war on Charlton life.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    One thing I did notice last night, Leaburns whole body language and facial expressions, didn’t seem overly happy at all, even after scoring.
    Glad you (and @redbuttle) mention this because I've had that feeling for a couple of games now. Some moments where with the ball at his feet in or near the box with defenders around him he seemed more intent on showing his "rich talent" than doing something effective with the ball. But on the other hand it might be that he's annoyed with himself that he isn't getting the end product, not least goals. That might be supported by Apples not taking him off for Tedic. Fear I'm clutching at straws though.