Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+post p21): Cray Valley PM vs Charlton Athletic: FAC1 Replay Wed 15th Nov 2023 | 19:45

Comments

• Options
    Entertaining night in the end, especially from the fat Millwall fan behind the goal second half, he was quite funny when he could string more than 4 words together
  • Options
    Oh and congratulations to his mate who clearly finally hit puberty in the second half too, judging by the way his voice was breaking
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Stronger team and we need to thrash them.
    0-6

A clean sheet, your 'aving a Giraffe !

Good professional job by Cafc with the mandatory cock up to keep Cray interested until our two class players Dobson and May KO them.

CBT has gone AWOL in the last two games and Miles not at his best but thankfully Alfie May did play despite some comments on CL. 

• Options
    Wellred said:
    Cray had their day at ours we will have this won in the first half 
    Going for a good 6-1 win the mighty 
    CAFC COYR  B)
    Bump
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Wellred said:
    Cray had their day at ours we will have this won in the first half 
    Going for a good 6-1 win the mighty 
    CAFC COYR  B)
    Bump
    Got the first half totally wrong though, didn't he?
  • Options
    Who was Lisbie Jnr giving verbals to in the corner after he scored the pen?
    He looked genuinely angry.
  • Options
    Got the score right though, which is respectable. I saw us doing a Barnsley in reverse struggle first half 2/3-0 second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    A most enjoyable second half, although the comedic defensive cock up before half time brought back a few old insecurities. Ness misjudged the flight of the ball and failed to track Lisbie’s run but Walker’s attempt to clear the danger was, to put it mildly, unathletic. We really have to hope that Ashley Maynard-Brewer stays fit.

A thoroughly professional performance in the second half put the tie to bed and we were out of sight by the 60th minute. May, Dobson and Asiimwe were excellent and Jones brought a calm authority to us at the back.

What a great moment for the young lad, Mbick, to get on the scoresheet. I confess I’d never heard of him, although I’m told he’s only just turned 17. A good opportunity to get Kedwell some minutes as well.

Taking into account the combined £75K TV money for the 2 games, the £41K prize money for winning and the few bob from our 40% of the net gate receipts, this tie must be the most that Charlton have earned from an FA Cup tie for some years.
  • Options
    First off well done Cray Valley. First half their intesity and organisation made them look leagues above their status.

Once again MA showed his ability to turn a shit first half into a decisive second.

Alfie May red hot, although his admission to being a bin dipper has scared his performance.

• Options
    I'm embarrassed to say I cheered loud those first two goals for us .
    I fancied us to win but the shame of losing to that middle park mob would be too much to bear , the phone was warming up with grief at ht but went quiet thankfully.

if we got any more shitness left in us this season can we leave it all in our next fixture and go out of that bollox

let's get to Wembley in this competition que sera,  sera
  • Options
    As the bloke next to me pointed out, tonight was the lowest attendance we’ll play in this season but also the biggest audience. 
    Nah we'll draw Wrexham in the 3rd round and have half the world watching  :D
  • Options
    Will be shocked if Cray Valley aren’t promoted 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was that our biggest ever win on live tv ?

Was that our biggest ever away win in the FA Cup ?
  • Options
    Was that our biggest ever win on live tv ?

Was that our biggest ever away win in the FA Cup ?
    We beat Tonbridge 5-0 away in the 70's
  • Options
    Now, if Appleton had put that team out in the first game we wouldn't have needed to play tonight. Thought 6-1 was flattered us but they weren't in it after we scored our 3rd and the last 15 mins was just a training exercise in keeping the ball. 

Echo the thoughts of other posters re CBT and Leaburn. Both seem really off the pace & just hope it's not because they have had their heads turned. 

Great finishes by Alfie....he's so good they made a film about him 😃. Dobbo only scores screamer and the Mbick is 5 days younger than my youngest lad.....who only left school in the summer !

My only fear now is that I'm hoping my lack of an away stub tonight wont stop me from getting a ticket for the Emirates in January 😄.
  • Options
    Been at a Covid belated 10 year employment  work anniversary meal  so was planning on watching game when get home but I am absolutely battered and have peaked at result. Can someone message me 08:20 tomorrow and tell me to log in to work 

Thanks

MOL - pissed and on train to Romford 

• Options
    Would like to adopt Alfie May. 
  • Options
    Classic Charlton, lull the opposition into a false sense of security with a crap performance to force a second game where we smash them.