Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• If we were to be even thinking of offering 450/500 000 for clarke harris, I'd want it done early and not at the end of the window when we will have played another 5 games.
    they won’t let him join us till after 13 Jan .. but I think all this is coming from Peterbro trying to generate interest 
    Oxford fans think they have also bid for JCH. Us, Oxford and Fleetwood in for him apparently.
  • edited January 1
    If anybody thinks that Liverpool will let Gomez leave, they don't follow the sport very closely.
  • If we were to be even thinking of offering 450/500 000 for clarke harris, I'd want it done early and not at the end of the window when we will have played another 5 games.
    they won’t let him join us till after 13 Jan .. but I think all this is coming from Peterbro trying to generate interest 
    Oxford fans think they have also bid for JCH. Us, Oxford and Fleetwood in for him apparently.
    Hard to see Fleetwood having much of a chance. Doubt JCH sees himself playing league two next season. All other things being equal Oxford look a better bet footballing wise than us. I just don’t see this one happening.
  • Realistically we need to go down the Wrexham route bringing in players of the league aboves quality. It was never nice for them to have to tell Rob and Ryan what was needed and the expected cost, but they did it and outlined the cost/benefit and risks of not getting promoted. 

I really think we need this approach.
  • edited January 1
    Sounds like JCH's agent has been working hard!
  • Sunds like JCH's agent has been working hard!
    It’s Clarke - Harris’s last payday. I don’t blame him for wanting to get it absolutely right. Can’t see him getting a Championship gig so his options are pretty limited. He’ll undoubtedly go where the most money is. Oxford, Bristol Rovers and Charlton with Wrexham as a wild card. It’s got Wrexham written all over it for me. 
  • https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-lining-up-transfer-9006646

Hull set to sign Manuel Benson from Burnley on loan , could mean they aren't in for CBT anymore. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if there will be any new players in the stands for today’s game?
  • Chunes said:
    I'm sure I read somewhere credible that one or two transfers were "ready to go" so shouldn't be too long before the first announcement. They might even be announced at today's game. 
    Pretty sure that was the Slp quoting Andy Scott 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm sure I read somewhere credible that one or two transfers were "ready to go" so shouldn't be too long before the first announcement. They might even be announced at today's game. 
    Pretty sure that was the Slp quoting Andy Scott 
    Was the headline Jackanory ?
  • It was Appleton that said it
  • Chunes said:
    Dobson to Millwall, Cory to Rotherham, Leaburn to West Brom...
  • Pretty sure Lewis Bate won’t be coming to us - apples spoke to his agent and wants him but Scott hasn’t and he dictates who comes in 
  • No Tedic on the bench so guessing he’s gone and Cawley saying Luton are considering recalling Watson too
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    No Tedic on the bench so guessing he’s gone and Cawley saying Luton are considering recalling Watson too
    apparently Tedic has concussion 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Pretty sure Lewis Bate won’t be coming to us - apples spoke to his agent and wants him but Scott hasn’t and he dictates who comes in 
    Under the current set up can't imagine Scott would be happy with Apples speaking to agents would he?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Pretty sure Lewis Bate won’t be coming to us - apples spoke to his agent and wants him but Scott hasn’t and he dictates who comes in 
    Under the current set up can't imagine Scott would be happy with Apples speaking to agents would he?
    Don’t know- who cares - maybe they could sack each other - maybe thatcher - the agent - rang him ?
  • Tall enough to be a CB!
  • Lewis Bate’s face shape but too tall to be him.