Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Melrose said:
    Smithy said:
    Yann897 said:
    Lasse Sorensen impressed me this season wouldn’t mind going for him, he can play a few positions but we need someone for the right so it stops May playing there.
    Appleton froze him out at Lincoln according to their fans. One of the reasons he played so well against us 

More evidence that Appleton hasn't  got a fucking clue. 

But what about all the other players that performed better under Appleton hence Lincoln best season in league one 
  • I wish I was a fly on the wall to any meetings Rodwell, Scott and Charlie are having.
    Not knowing what to do with Appleton and not knowing what to do regards recruitment.
    It is easier to bring players in and hit the ground running when a team is doing well.  Bringing in players when you are struggling is difficult.
    Charlie not involved in recruitment nor is Rodwell to a point ( may get involved in the final paperwork ) .. mainly Scott and Appleton 
  • Valid as many of points raised are 

1. We've gone over the motivation, intentions, budget and competence of the owners & senior management repeatedly on multiple threads

2. It's nothing to do with rumours 

Happy New Year
  • jbaker said:
    Don’t know how true but have heard Leipzig is almost nailed on for Leaburn in the summer.
    They had a bid turned down by new owners for 3.3 mill .. he not leaving especially now he injured 
    Go back to bed.
    South London press 

Three bids were launced by an unnamed German club but all three were rejected by Charlton Athletic as the Championship-hopefuls were adamant to hold onto Leaburn.

you were saying ????????? 
  • jbaker said:
    Don’t know how true but have heard Leipzig is almost nailed on for Leaburn in the summer.
    They had a bid turned down by new owners for 3.3 mill .. he not leaving especially now he injured 
    You don't half come out with some rubbish at times. 
    Where is the proof we turned down over 3 million. 
    Come on show us.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Scoham said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Why would anyone want to join us in Jan.
    season is all but dead.
    JCH is a nice idea but we need players in other areas to reduce our goals against first and midfielders who can also contribute to the goals for. 

Money and game time. Move of convenience and a final decent contract (like Ben Watson). Young players first loan. Loads of possible reasons. We’ll sign players, whether they improve us is another thing completely.

Adding a physical striker when we have none will keep the ball at the right end of the pitch, add more physicality and aggression to our weak team and give us another player who can win a header when defending set pieces. I see it as a priority, but not the only one - we need at least 3 or 4 good signings.
    I get the money thing, but unless that player is from a higher league we don’t want someone looking for game time who’s already lge 1 or below.
    I don’t see how that improves us 
    Well yeah that’s how it tends to work, those higher up want game time, those lower down want a better contract and a chance to play for a bigger club.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Scoham said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Why would anyone want to join us in Jan.
    season is all but dead.
    JCH is a nice idea but we need players in other areas to reduce our goals against first and midfielders who can also contribute to the goals for. 

Money and game time. Move of convenience and a final decent contract (like Ben Watson). Young players first loan. Loads of possible reasons. We’ll sign players, whether they improve us is another thing completely.

Adding a physical striker when we have none will keep the ball at the right end of the pitch, add more physicality and aggression to our weak team and give us another player who can win a header when defending set pieces. I see it as a priority, but not the only one - we need at least 3 or 4 good signings.
    I get the money thing, but unless that player is from a higher league we don’t want someone looking for game time who’s already lge 1 or below.
    I don’t see how that improves us 
    Well surely someone who is getting game time at a higher level is not going to drop down a level are they?

We'd have to be offering silly money for anyone to decide they are giving up playing regularly in the championship to play regularly in league one instead.

Even someone like JCH probably would be out of reach if his club weren't actively trying to flog him on.
  • @RonnieMoore in the article you quote it says Championship hopefuls! Well that's no longer true so I guess, if he wasn't injured, he would've gone in January?
    Even you must acknowledge that!

• Sponsored links:

• jbaker said:
    Go back to bed.
    South London press 

Three bids were launced by an unnamed German club but all three were rejected by Charlton Athletic as the Championship-hopefuls were adamant to hold onto Leaburn.

you were saying ????????? 
    No amount was mentioned by the SLP but you have come out with a figure out of the sky as per usual
  • jbaker said:
    Come on show us.
    I’d be happy if we got 3.3M for Miles, if the money was reinvested. I doubt it was anything like that much though. 
  • jbaker said:
    Haven’t posted on here for a while but still read the threads on a daily basis.

Have to say that your constant need to seek attention by continually making things up makes it a lot harder than it should be.

Are you actually a Charlton fan?

Not expecting much this January as the season is basically over when we consolidate safety.
  • So, the transfer window opens tomorrow, but unfortunately it being a BH I don't suppose any transfers will be announced (by anyone, not just us) as the EFL won't be able to ratify anything. 

Therefore.....when do you think we will unveil our first signing ?  Will it be before the Port Vale game or will be having the play two more matches before Appleton has no new excuses. Will we even see new players in before Peterborough ?

• JamesSeed said:
    jbaker said:
    Come on show us.
    I’d be happy if we got 3.3M for Miles, if the money was reinvested. I doubt it was anything like that much though. 
    I agree with you.
    If , and it's a big if we were offered 3 million that would be enough to totally rebuild the squad for next season. 
    More chance though that most of the money would be used to offset losses. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    jbaker said:
    Come on show us.
    I agree with you.
    If , and it's a big if we were offered 3 million that would be enough to totally rebuild the squad for next season. 
    More chance though that most of the money would be used to offset losses. 
    That’d be depressing, and I’d be reaching for my pitchfork. 
  •  I wouldn’t bother with Clark Harris bidding war set up by Peterborough chairmen get Gregory. 
  • They’ll only be a handful of clubs in for JCH. All of them will know exactly the same as us. With five weeks left to get any fee for the player Peterborough will sell for a lot less than the silly money They’re currently asking for. Some won’t take the chance of taking it to the wire and will look elsewhere. A couple won’t have that luxury. Last week of January Peterborough will take £300 - £350k. Personally I hope we move on because we need someone in and I don’t want us to be one of the clubs buying in the last few days. 
  • So, the transfer window opens tomorrow, but unfortunately it being a BH I don't suppose any transfers will be announced (by anyone, not just us) as the EFL won't be able to ratify anything. 

Therefore.....when do you think we will unveil our first signing ?  Will it be before the Port Vale game or will be having the play two more matches before Appleton has no new excuses. Will we even see new players in before Peterborough ?

I imagine there will be some movement across the EFL on Tuesday, the first day of the window, as loan players that didn't work out return to their parent clubs. Even though we know he's gone back, I imagine the Abankwah return will be formally announced on Tuesday
  • Our best bit of transfer business is if Tottenham buy Gomez from Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd not bank on too much going back on players.
  • seth plum said:
    Our best bit of transfer business is if Tottenham buy Gomez from Liverpool.
    No chance of that in this window. Liverpool have no other fit left backs and he's far too valuable/versatile for a club fighting on four fronts to let go. 
  • Scoham said:
    We are not paying transfer fees so forget about JCH. Loans and freebies are the strategy. Leak a few names we are interested in to make it seem like we mean business and then sign shite on the last day of the window. And then repeat every transfer window.
    Apart from the fees we spent last summer you mean?
    True, there was the fee for May although that was rumoured to be paid from sponsorship money. We've seen nothing from the new owners that suggests they are serious about investing in quality players to get us out of this league. Add a new manager to that list too. 

• If we were to be even thinking of offering 450/500 000 for clarke harris, I'd want it done early and not at the end of the window when we will have played another 5 games.
    they won’t let him join us till after 13 Jan .. but I think all this is coming from Peterbro trying to generate interest 
  • 9hrs no arrivals or departures.
  • What's the point in window being open from today...its a BH so no paperwork can be done as I doubt the FA/EFL will be open?
    Better to have opened it tomorrow surely!
  • Can always make announcements though even if the paperwork is done later 
  • What's the point in window being open from today...its a BH so no paperwork can be done as I doubt the FA/EFL will be open?
    Better to have opened it tomorrow surely!
    Some deals could have been already done and dusted and therefore players would move today with the paperwork already completed. Doesn't happen often but it is possible