Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• If it really us and Fleetwood then we have all the power, as no chance JCH will be happy going up there instead of here. 

Similar to when Gillingham thought they were serious competition for May. 
  • Just looked at Humphrey’s stats. Not at all impressive to be honest. Certainly not going to score a hatful of goals to fire us to a promotion.

I think he is a cracking player and has been in great form this season. Would be a huge uptick on our current lot.
    I’ll defer to your better knowledge of the player then but he’s hardly prolific?
  • Just looked at Humphrey’s stats. Not at all impressive to be honest. Certainly not going to score a hatful of goals to fire us to a promotion.

I think he is a cracking player and has been in great form this season. Would be a huge uptick on our current lot.
    Agree. Humphrys is a good age at 26 and would definitely add a physical presence to our team.

His goal scoring level is more miles leaburn than JCH’s prolific record but I’ve always been v.impressed with the way he leads the line & holds up the ball when we’ve played against him. Wigan fans rate him highly.

We’d be crazy not to try our luck with top L1 players that are out of contract soon e.g JCH, Humphry & Herbie Kane.

Expect we’d need to offer them a good a 3.5 yr contract to tempt them away though.

• edited December 2023

I’ll defer to your better knowledge of the player then but he’s hardly prolific?
    He plays out wide more than he does through the middle now. So for a wide player his goal record is quite good. And he’s scored more goals than all of our players bar May and CBT so he’ll definitely be an improvement 
  • Sponsored links:

• Lasse Sorensen impressed me this season wouldn’t mind going for him, he can play a few positions but we need someone for the right so it stops May playing there.
  • We are not paying transfer fees so forget about JCH. Loans and freebies are the strategy. Leak a few names we are interested in to make it seem like we mean business and then sign shite on the last day of the window. And then repeat every transfer window.
    Shit - Darragh’s in on it again
  • redbuttle said:
    redbuttle said:
    Heard that we were looking at Cameron Humphreys from Ipswich on loan. Assume it’s to replace Camera when his loan is cancelled in Jan. 
    It can't be cancelled 
    Won’t be cancelled cause we paid a large loan fee and we would not get any of that back .. 
    The loan contract is for the whole season and cannot be broken. 
    Except by mutual agreement of course
  • JamesSeed said:
    Heard that we were looking at Cameron Humphreys from Ipswich on loan. Assume it’s to replace Camera when his loan is cancelled in Jan. 
    Two Campbells, two Watsons, now two Humphreys?
    Clearly we've run out of Matt Smiths.
  • Yann897 said:
    Lasse Sorensen impressed me this season wouldn’t mind going for him, he can play a few positions but we need someone for the right so it stops May playing there.
    Appleton froze him out at Lincoln according to their fans. One of the reasons he played so well against us 
  • Smithy said:
    Yann897 said:
    Lasse Sorensen impressed me this season wouldn’t mind going for him, he can play a few positions but we need someone for the right so it stops May playing there.
    Appleton froze him out at Lincoln according to their fans. One of the reasons he played so well against us 
    If a player only raises his game as an act of petulance/to get one over an olde manager, it's hardly surprising he was frozen out in the first place.
  • edited December 2023
    Scoham said:
    We are not paying transfer fees so forget about JCH. Loans and freebies are the strategy. Leak a few names we are interested in to make it seem like we mean business and then sign shite on the last day of the window. And then repeat every transfer window.
    Apart from the fees we spent last summer you mean?
    Did we pay a fee for anyone in the summer? I thought Blackburn confirmed that they would only receive a fee for Edun if we were promoted.

Who did we pay a fee for? (apart from loan fees that everyone in the league pays)

Tennai Watson, Lloyd Jones & Harry Isted were all out of contract free transfers weren’t they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    We are not paying transfer fees so forget about JCH. Loans and freebies are the strategy. Leak a few names we are interested in to make it seem like we mean business and then sign shite on the last day of the window. And then repeat every transfer window.
    Apart from the fees we spent last summer you mean?
    Did we pay a fee for anyone in the summer? I thought Blackburn confirmed that they would only receive a fee for Edun if we were promoted.

Who did we pay a fee for? (apart from loan fees that everyone in the league pays)

Tennai Watson, Lloyd Jones & Harry Isted were all out of contract free signings weren’t they?
    Definitely paid a fee for May and compensation for Taylor. If I remember right we paid a fee for Edun with more to pay if we're promoted (could be wrong there though) and I expect both the Camara and Tedic loans are quite expensive
  • Of course - how did I forget Alfie! 

Already a cult hero…..feels like he’s been here for years!
  • Re JCH, we're supposed to have 2 billionaires behind the SMT, if that's true, and, if its true we've had £450k turned down for him yet he might go for £500k, why would our supposedly 'stinking rich'  owners quibble over such a paltry amount, when we would get a proven goalscorer, a perfect foil for Alfie and showing the fans some positive intention? It's beyond me, unless, of course, this "we have money to spend in January" is total BS!
    The difference of £50k is neither here or there to 2 billionaires! It makes no sense!
    I think that the owner consortium have an agreed budget. We don’t have a sugar daddy to cough up on a whim. I think it’s why the model will ultimately fail. Too convoluted.
  • Re JCH, we're supposed to have 2 billionaires behind the SMT, if that's true, and, if its true we've had £450k turned down for him yet he might go for £500k, why would our supposedly 'stinking rich'  owners quibble over such a paltry amount, when we would get a proven goalscorer, a perfect foil for Alfie and showing the fans some positive intention? It's beyond me, unless, of course, this "we have money to spend in January" is total BS!
    The difference of £50k is neither here or there to 2 billionaires! It makes no sense!
    I would guess that Peterborough being so public is part of the issue. If every club knows you'll pay another £50k then every player costs an extra £50k, then that suddenly becomes £100k etc. I agree that it seems like a small amount to quibble over but it's more complicated than that. For what it's worth I think there will be some money to spend because they need to try to get fans on side but I don't think there will be enough to make any real difference to the season or the feel around the place
  • MarcusH26 said:

Such a big mouthed dick.  Good luck to anyone paying more than £500K for a L1 striker aged 29 with 6 months on his contract.
    Sorry but trying to find photo of Peterborough Chairman MacAntony and our Chairman at the time Southall , I know I must wash my mouth out.
    That one photograph of them both says all you need to know about him.

Don’t deal with him at all.