Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Steven81 said:
    We should have a squad to play both formations not having wingers is a joke let's get rid of our best one most exciting that can beat a man and finish and stock up elsewhere,how about getting a striker another decent winger and keeping our best players club is royally fecked imo 
    You're talking like the club want him to go, which isn't the case. 

There's a big difference between us getting rid of him and him turning down a new contract. 
    Wonder why he turned it down 
  • Steven81 said:
    Steven81 said:
    We should have a squad to play both formations not having wingers is a joke let's get rid of our best one most exciting that can beat a man and finish and stock up elsewhere,how about getting a striker another decent winger and keeping our best players club is royally fecked imo 
    You're talking like the club want him to go, which isn't the case. 

There's a big difference between us getting rid of him and him turning down a new contract. 
    Wonder why he turned it down 
    I think I read on here that he is home sick and wants to move out of London 
  • If we can do better than Thomas, we should do just that regardless of one good game in thirty and I hope the striker is better than Cole Stockton.

I cannot wait to see Coventry play a full game, nor Bakinson for that matter. We need a striker, winger, CB and RB/RWB that gives us similar feelings. We’ll then be in with a better shout.
  • Sponsored links:

• No surprises that Fraser is basically told he can leave, in the battle for a midfield berth he has the 3 new lads, Watson and Dobson ahead of him, and we know Appleton likes McGrandles, and when Taylor and Camara are fit we'll have way too many. 
  • sam3110 said:
    No surprises that Fraser is basically told he can leave, in the battle for a midfield berth he has the 3 new lads, Watson and Dobson ahead of him, and we know Appleton likes McGrandles, and when Taylor and Camara are fit we'll have way too many. 
    It's like the Bowyer promotion year, tonnes of midfielders, a great winger for the level without one to play on the other side. Obviously, the quality of players is very different but funny we've got ourselves in this position again
  • Whatever happens this window at least this thread has seen some more excitement than normal.  Can't take much more  
  • Chunes said:
    So he insisted on starting Fraser ahead of Watson time and time again, but now says he's not fast or energetic enough and can leave.
    Some (probably bullshit) rumours that if Watson started a certain amount of times between the start of the season and January then the loan fee we had to pay was bigger.

I personally think we're trying to get them to recall him but Luton don't care he's not starting. 
  • edited January 14
    sam3110 said:
    Chunes said:
    So he insisted on starting Fraser ahead of Watson time and time again, but now says he's not fast or energetic enough and can leave.
    Some (probably bullshit) rumours that if Watson started a certain amount of times between the start of the season and January then the loan fee we had to pay was bigger.

I personally think we're trying to get them to recall him but Luton don't care he's not starting. 
    Clubs are usually incentivised to play young loanees and it costs more to leave them out. Can't imagine it being the reverse.
  • Knowing our luck will do a swap deal, Stockton for Fraser 
  • Chunes said:
    Perhaps he saw him as one of our better players and wanted to give him a run of games to show it? Now MA has seen he’s not up to it?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Knowing our luck will do a swap deal, Stockton for Fraser 
    We should use our surplus players as bait, but swapping a cart horse for a cart horse will not solve anything 
  • Swisdom said:
    Richard J said:
    cabbles said:
    If we were exchanging players with Burton what about Joe Powell?
    I rate him but our midfield is stocked now

We have been sniffing around Stockton but I personally don’t rate him.  He “downed tools” for the last club, picked up for the last 5 months to get a move ti Burton but that’s not worked. I still think he’s a one season wonder and not what we need 
    Think we need a real team player who wants to be at the club. We have bags loads of potential coming through at the club up front which will take a few years to come to fruition for the first team. Having someone around that can help them in that journey as well as banging the goals for the next couple of years  will be perfect. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Richard J said:
    cabbles said:
    If we were exchanging players with Burton what about Joe Powell?
    I rate him but our midfield is stocked now

We have been sniffing around Stockton but I personally don’t rate him.  He “downed tools” for the last club, picked up for the last 5 months to get a move ti Burton but that’s not worked. I still think he’s a one season wonder and not what we need 
    I think you meant to say 5 games mate.

He had a real case of the Adam Matthews 😉 
  • So the Cole Stockton links are genuine, get in 

• Stockton isn't what we need. Yes he's a big lump but I think people are conned into rating him because he usually performs at The Valley. Technically he's nothing special and he's used to being the big fish which he won't be here