Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• The three new midfielders look good and with a new centre half in the door, just need two full backs, centre forward and winger for now. 
  • Did Bristol Rovers offer 15K a week (or anywhere even remotely close to that?) when he accepted personal terms with them on deadline day in the summer then? I would majorly doubt it. So why the change in 4 months? He hasn't exactly set the world alight in the preceeding months to justify wanting so much more all of a sudden has he.

He obviously just doesn't want to come here IMO so is massively inflating his wage demands to put us off - maybe him or his agent has been quietly tapped up by another club somewhere to hold on til the summer or something dodgy like that, otherwise I don't know why he doesn't just flat out admit he has no interest in coming so all parties can move on and stop wasting each others time - its all very suspect to me.  
  • Did Bristol Rovers offer 15K a week (or anywhere even remotely close to that?) when he accepted personal terms with them on deadline day in the summer then? I would majorly doubt it. So why the change in 4 months? He hasn't exactly set the world alight in the preceeding months to justify wanting so much more all of a sudden has he.

He obviously just doesn't want to come here IMO so is massively inflating his wage demands to put us off - maybe him or his agent has been quietly tapped up by another club somewhere to hold on til the summer or something dodgy like that, otherwise I don't know why he doesn't just flat out admit he has no interest in coming so all parties can move on and stop wasting each others time - its all very suspect to me.  
    Who’s to say he hasn’t been told by a club that they’ll give him £10k a week and £150k signing on fee in the summer. 
  • 4 players in this window, 6 more to go!
    3/4 according to MA
    6 more according to MIA.
  • edited January 13

• Peterborough fan in the pub said that JCH off to Mexico in the summer
    Nice one, I’ve heard the grub is cracking!
  • supaclive said:
    Isn't it terrible that we need EIGHT new players in the January window just to sort this mess out!
    Your tally of players required ever increases, we aren't gonna sign a new 25 this window 
  • Sponsored links:

Who’s to say he hasn’t been told by a club that they’ll give him £10k a week and £150k signing on fee in the summer. 
    Yeah thats what I was saying, he has seemingly been tapped up. 
  • edited January 13
  • Croydon said:
    Hope anyone thinking we're fine to lose CBT watched the two Campbells play today. 

If he goes then his replacement becomes top priority 
    I don’t think it’s ‘fine’ but need to accept the fact he’s not gonna sign an extension so we might as well get some cash for him 
  • Croydon said:
    Hope anyone thinking we're fine to lose CBT watched the two Campbells play today. 

If he goes then his replacement becomes top priority 
    I don't think it's fine but I think we have a headache trying to get the best out of him and May. It's clear May needs a strike partner and that doesn't work if you play wingers
  • Yep mental asylum 
  • supaclive said:
    Isn't it terrible that we need EIGHT new players in the January window just to sort this mess out!
    Your tally of players required ever increases, we aren't gonna sign a new 25 this window 
    We've signed 4 and Appleton said 3-4 more.....
    Not my maths buddy......
    But yes we DO need 8 in total, minimum to arrest this distressing slide!
    Or do you think we're fine with the 4 we've signed?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 13
    We should have a squad to play both formations not having wingers is a joke let's get rid of our best one most exciting that can beat a man and finish and stock up elsewhere,how about getting a striker another decent winger and keeping our best players club is royally fecked imo 
  • jams said:
    Striker, left back and if greedy a winger of similar quality and you'd have to say it looks a good window - time will tell of course 
    Do you mean a winger who doesn't pass the ball?
  • Ferryman said:
    jams said:
    Striker, left back and if greedy a winger of similar quality and you'd have to say it looks a good window - time will tell of course 
    Do you mean a winger who doesn't pass the ball?
    Yawn.

Some people are so blinded by their own stupidity
  • You need to replace the pace that will go with CBT, that made the first half so fucking painful, as no one could carry it out or break at pace. But if you get a physical front man, who you can hit and hold it, then it should be fine. 

I don’t want Taylor to go, but he won’t sign, and we should cash in whilst we can 
  • edited January 13
    Swindon Town keeper Lewis Ward coming in apparently
  • Keeper would be an unusual one. Seems Ward is also involved in Swindon's youth setup 
  • edited January 13
    He’s a unit at 6’5’’ aged 26 represented England at U16 but had umpteen loans and most league appearances for any club was Exeter 28 times 2019/21 🤔
  • RedChaser said:
    He’s a unit at 6’5’’ aged 26 represented England at U16 but had umpteen loans and most league appearances for any club was Exeter 28 times 2019/21 🤔
    So much for an ambitious ownership.