Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Croydon said:
    Looks as though CBT could be off. Losing him would be a hammer blow to this window's overall look imo
    It would be a blow but not necessarily an insurmountable one IF it facilitates/indicates a move to a different shape or formation. If we keep doing the same thing, simply hoping that one or both Campbells will miraculously just start pulling CBT numbers then yeah we're going to be in trouble.

But if him going frees up funds for a JCH or Ladapo type and we go two up front then we can pivot nicely and it needn't be a crippling move. 

If our current owners are seriously planning ahead they really should have a contingency plan for his departure already honestly.
  • JordanJLD said:
    Macronate said:
    Excellent business so far, knew he’d come good:

Must have lent Scott his super duper transfer phone. 
    We should have known Southall was taking the piss earlier. Two company phones is outrageous. At least he only had one Range Rover 

Plus a second Range Rover for his girlfriend Jade - you know, the one with the inflated - err, umm - ego?

Let none of us ever forget the scale of the nest-feathering which went on during the first few months of 2020 under Southall's stewardship.

Anyone had any recent news of Southall's (& Jade's) activities, especially since he went bankrupt last year?
  • Interesting that Curbs and Charlotte were joking about breaking news and the fact JCH isnt playing today. More to it or just having some fun?
  • sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Just as talismanic for us as JCH has been, and is 3 years younger. I'd be trying to get double that
    But if he won't resign are we better off accepting 250k now and use it aquiring someone who will be here next season?
  • Same old merry go round 
  • sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Just as talismanic for us as JCH has been, and is 3 years younger. I'd be trying to get double that
    But if he won't resign are we better off accepting 250k now and use it aquiring someone who will be here next season?
    I don't think so no, I'd rather stick with him and see what happens later on in the season. We make a late charge and he might be convinced to stay, or at the very least he keeps us up!
  • Clubs who are pushing for promotion will be most desperate in Jan, hold out until nearer the window close and then clubs will offer more
  • Sponsored links:

• If we sold CBT for.anything close to £250K then the £500K for an older JCH looks way over the top to me.
    JCH is a goalscorer which always comes at a premium. He’s also done it consistently for a fair while now. CBT has had a good 18 months 
  • If we sold CBT for.anything close to £250K then the £500K for an older JCH looks way over the top to me.
    JCH is a goalscorer which always comes at a premium. He’s also done it consistently for a fair while now. CBT has had a good 18 months 
    18 months is a VERY long time in football. 
  • Wonder if he’s at the ground today 
  • You can’t really compare a strikers value to a winger, and a very good one at that. But the price difference reflects that JCH will score enough to make you very competitive 
  • sam3110 said:
    If we sold CBT for.anything close to £250K then the £500K for an older JCH looks way over the top to me.
    Not as long as the 5/6 years JCH has done it for 
  • sam3110 said:
    If we sold CBT for.anything close to £250K then the £500K for an older JCH looks way over the top to me.
    Not as long as the 5/6 years JCH has done it for 
    And? He's also 3 years older
  • Dizzle said:
    250k is a piss take of an offer 
    The spivs, Nimer,Duchatelet and Sandgaard would've all taken it.
    He’s got 6 months left and isn’t signing a new contract, so what do you expect? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    I wouldn’t say a piss take but more of an opening gambit. Derby have by all accounts been tracking him for a while so I doubt they’ll give up after one offer rejected. I’m guessing anything around £300k plus will do it. We need him gone if he’s determined to walk anyway.
  • Rothko said:
    Dizzle said:
    A better offer
  • Stephen Humphrys dropped from the Wigan line up today….& replaced with Magennis
  • Rothko said:
    Dizzle said:
    £250,001
  • Rothko said:
    Dizzle said:
    A better offer
    He’s a league 1 player with 6 months left on his contract. He’s only really done it in a consistent basis for the last 5 months….funny that, given his contract situation.
  • Croydon said:
    Looks as though CBT could be off. Losing him would be a hammer blow to this window's overall look imk
    I wouldn't be too upset if he left tbh, as long as we replace him
    Hmm.....its the "replacing" him that could he the problem. 
  • Croydon said:
    Looks as though CBT could be off. Losing him would be a hammer blow to this window's overall look imk
    I wouldn't be too upset if he left tbh, as long as we replace him
    Hmm.....its the "replacing" him that could he the problem. 
    I don’t think we will be ‘replacing’ him as such if we change formation - which I don’t think is a bad thing if we do.

Replace him with a balanced team, that can get the best out of May, and then I think it’s a sacrifice worth doing.

I think as individually good as CBT is, the team as a whole will be greater if we move towards this 3-5-2 formation which it looks like we may possible be doing.

Id prefer Alfie playing with a strike partner, then out on the right or isolated up top on his own in a 4-3-3 that’s for sure.
    I don't think Alfie will ever play with a partner, he will play wide or deeper if we get another forward.