Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Preview: Charlton Athletic vs Cray Valley Paper Mills | Sunday 5th November 2023 - 5:30pm KO

12346»

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    cafcfan said:
    So, there I am, walking into the Hiperdino Supermarket in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote to top up on essential supplies and they are playing London Calling over the PA system.  That must be a good omen mustn't it?
    Both sides are from London though? ;)
    Cray is more Orpington Kent, not proper London 😉
    Orpington is in London - it’s not in Kent 
    London Borough of Bromley granted since 1965, Kent address though same as Bromley, Welling and Bexleyheath. None of them still not proper London in my book 😉
  • And Cray Valley Paper Mills  are based in Eltham not Orpington anyway!
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    cafcfan said:
    So, there I am, walking into the Hiperdino Supermarket in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote to top up on essential supplies and they are playing London Calling over the PA system.  That must be a good omen mustn't it?
    London Borough of Bromley granted since 1965, Kent address though same as Bromley, Welling and Bexleyheath. None of them still not proper London in my book 😉
    Call the Police or Fire Brigade in Orpington, and see who turns up (give you a clue, it won’t be Kent ….)
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    cafcfan said:
    Call the Police or Fire Brigade in Orpington, and see who turns up (give you a clue, it won’t be Kent ….)
    If you think I’m driving 200 miles to call the fire brigade and police from Orpington you’re mistaken, chillax and enjoy the match, the winky emojis were your clues 🙄.
  • se9addick said:
    Is this our most local competitive fixture ever?

I'm open to our better informed historians saying I've got this wrong, but the 1907/08 season (when home ground was Woolwich Common) in the Woolwich + District League, second division, included playing No, 1 Depot, Royal Field Artillery - I expect their ground was on, or fairly close to, Woolwich Common.