Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Preview: Charlton Athletic vs Cray Valley Paper Mills | Sunday 5th November 2023 - 5:30pm KO

Comments

• As I said when the game was switched to Sunday at 5.30....I wont be there. And I will seriously doubt I'll ever go again if we lose.

They might make it tough for us for the first 20-30 mins but surely our better players should overcome this. Usually the last 15-20 separates the pros from the non-league amateurs as they tire & our better fitness tells.

Anything less than a 3 goal margin would be seen to be poor.

5-1. 
  • It's fazed, not phased FA.
    If Cray were playing anybody else but us I'd be rooting for them.
    Won't be there and have no idea what team Appleton will pick, but I hope we do a professional job, put them to the sword and come through without any injuries
  • Too much assuming the loanees will be allowed to play by their parent clubs. Not saying they won't but if there is any indication by us we may want to send them back in January the parent club might not want them cup tied if they need to loan them out again.
    'A bird in there hand is worth two ins thew bush'
  • edited November 2023
    I trust we will be giving some fringe players a run out? 

How far away is Abankwah from being ready? Should we consider Deji? What other players do we have close to the first team at the moment?
  • Too much assuming the loanees will be allowed to play by their parent clubs. Not saying they won't but if there is any indication by us we may want to send them back in January the parent club might not want them cup tied if they need to loan them out again.
    Just thought about Deji at Bromley- he won't be available for our cup run if he plays! Also what if we both win and meet in the next round? Do you think they have one of those clauses to prevent him playing in these non league contracts?
  • edited November 2023
    Just had a report on BBC Breakfast with some shots of The Valley and Cray Valley Ground, a real local derby for both of us, think they will bring a good support...
  • Sponsored links:

• Our best chance of a clean sheet this season. 

3-2
  • this has an upset in the making so play the strongest squad of fit players and forget about giving youth a chance
  • Dazzler21 said:
    As I said when the game was switched to Sunday at 5.30....I wont be there. And I will seriously doubt I'll ever go again if we lose.

They might make it tough for us for the first 20-30 mins but surely our better players should overcome this. Usually the last 15-20 separates the pros from the non-league amateurs as they tire & our better fitness tells.

Anything less than a 3 goal margin would be seen to be poor.

5-1. 
    I assume Barnsley fans should be considering whether to bother supporting anymore after conceding 3 goals to a non league side.
    At least they had time to eat their dinner.
    Ruined the timings of their regular Friday night Fish and Chip supper. No wonder they failed to win.
  • If Abankwah, Chem Campbell and Tedic don't start this we might as well send them back.
    Expecting the same side more or less, that we played against Villa U21s with Tedic for Leaburn, Anderson for Watson and Nbankwah for Elewere.
    Assuming their parent clubs allow us to play them though...
    Why wouldn't they? It's a season long loan?

I doubt an Italian team are worried about abankwah playing in England. And tedic has as much chance of playing for Man City's first team as me
  • edited November 2023
    Just had a report on BBC Breakfast with some shots of The Valley and Cray Valley Ground, a real local derby for both of us, think they will bring a good support...
    They probably will, although their average gate is around 160 apparently. I suspect their might be a few supporters of other clubs in amongst them.
  • As someone who will actually be there in attendance, fine with playing our second team plus one or two inexperienced kids, as should still be enough to get the job done but insane if we don't have a bench filled with our best just in case we need saving from a humiliating result.
  • JamesSeed said:
    They probably will, although their average gate is around 160 apparently. I suspect there might be a few supporters of other clubs in amongst them.
    A few Millwall no doubt
  • ct_addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    They probably will, although their average gate is around 160 apparently. I suspect there might be a few supporters of other clubs in amongst them.
    A few Millwall no doubt
    Why would they bother doing that ?
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    ct_addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    A few Millwall no doubt
    It’s their cup final 
  • Need to treat this as a regular game to capitalise on recent momentum. With the Charlton connection (the boy Lisbie), this has banana skin written all over it. Perhaps bring on some kids after we are 4 or 5 - 0 to
    the good.
  • wmcf123 said:
    ct_addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    A few Millwall no doubt
    It’s their cup final 
    I mean why would Millwall fans bother ?
  • For those of you concerned about an upset, you can lay Charlton on Betfair at 1.15. £15 risked would return £115 if we don’t win. Or if you fancy the big upset, Cray Valley available at 25/1.
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    ct_addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    A few Millwall no doubt
    It’s their cup final 

It’s their cup final 
    I mean they were in one a good 55 years since we were ..
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    ct_addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    A few Millwall no doubt
    It’s their cup final 

It’s their cup final 
    I mean they were in one a good 55 years since we were ..
    Full Members Cup?
  • Probably already been mentioned but it looks like the second round draw’s taking place before we kick off? Thought that only happened with replays.

• This result all depends on how serious Charlton take it .. simple as that . If we make 11 changes with using this game to give players minutes like Edun and McGrandles  then it will be close even a reply … … Can see a reason for not playing Dobson and May due to suspension, but would like to think at least 6 players will start that started at Wigan .
  • It's vital for morale that we take this game as seriously as any other and put Cray Valley to the sword. We need a strong team and we need to go about it in a very professional manner like Walsall did against Sheppey last night. 

I would have gone to this but Sunday evening KO coupled with replacement bus service in place of trains from Tonbridge makes it impractical. Like most, I will be cheering on the boys from the comfort of my sitting room. COYA!