Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Preview: Charlton Athletic vs Cray Valley Paper Mills | Sunday 5th November 2023 - 5:30pm KO

Comments

• Gillingham away next…
    Winnable…
  • Pompey - giant killed by Chesterfield, first defeat since March.
  • edited November 2023
    Pompey - giant killed by Chesterfield, first defeat since March.
    ...and first one in the league due next week...
  • Out with my brother in law last night. He used to go to watch Greenwich Borough, who were illegally evicted by Crsy Valley PM. which led directly to Greenwich going bankrupt. He said he hopes we stuff them!
    So CVPM play where Greenwich Borough / Ian Wright used to play?

How did they evict them, if they did? 

No, Greenwich Borough, from memory, used to play opposite the old Yorkshire Grey.
    So Sutcliffe Park...🤔

Have looked on Wiki, it is reading Harrow Meadow, was this Sutcliffe Park?
  • Out with my brother in law last night. He used to go to watch Greenwich Borough, who were illegally evicted by Crsy Valley PM. which led directly to Greenwich going bankrupt. He said he hopes we stuff them!
    So CVPM play where Greenwich Borough / Ian Wright used to play?

How did they evict them, if they did? 

No, Greenwich Borough, from memory, used to play opposite the old Yorkshire Grey.
    So Sutcliffe Park...🤔

Have looked on Wiki, it is reading Harrow Meadow, was this Sutcliffe Park?
    I've only ever known it as Sutcliffe Park, however Parks & Gardens do list it as "Sutcliffe Park and Harrow Meadow"...it was always traversed by The Quaggy River, and much of it was designated as Meadow and Wetland...🤷‍♂️
  • Looking forward to watching this game on the box. I love the first round proper, and the second round. Plucky little clubs going head to head, trying to get through to the third round, when the proper clubs come in to it. I find it all so sweet. Bless you. 😁
    Haha... Glad I stuck with reading this post throughout.

Was not disappointed :D
  • Looking forward to watching this game on the box. I love the first round proper, and the second round. Plucky little clubs going head to head, trying to get through to the third round, when the proper clubs come in to it. I find it all so sweet. Bless you. 😁

Making the most of it. We could be down there with you next season 😉
  • Badger said:
    Thanks, just read it and am still not much the wiser.
    I wonder if anything has happened in the last few years since then.
  • Sponsored links:

On a semi serious note, I always find it bizarre when the media use the phrase giant killing, even when the team that's won is actually historically bigger than the team that lost.

If say Bolton beat Rotherham in the 3rd round, or West Brom beat Luton for example.

Not if we pass you on the way, still a lot of football to be played this season 😉.
  • So, there I am, walking into the Hiperdino Supermarket in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote to top up on essential supplies and they are playing London Calling over the PA system.  That must be a good omen mustn't it?
  • RedChaser said:
    Looking forward to watching this game on the box. I love the first round proper, and the second round. Plucky little clubs going head to head, trying to get through to the third round, when the proper clubs come in to it. I find it all so sweet. Bless you. 😁

Not if we pass you on the way, still a lot of football to be played this season 😉.
    NURSE... He's escaped again

Ready when you are...
  • edited November 2023
    cafcfan said:
    So, there I am, walking into the Hiperdino Supermarket in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote to top up on essential supplies and they are playing London Calling over the PA system.  That must be a good omen mustn't it?
    Both sides are from London though? ;)
  • RedChaser said:
    Looking forward to watching this game on the box. I love the first round proper, and the second round. Plucky little clubs going head to head, trying to get through to the third round, when the proper clubs come in to it. I find it all so sweet. Bless you. 😁

NURSE... He's escaped again
    Too right I have, she makes me have a nap this time of day, I’d miss the kick off 😉
  • edited November 2023
    cafcfan said:
    So, there I am, walking into the Hiperdino Supermarket in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote to top up on essential supplies and they are playing London Calling over the PA system.  That must be a good omen mustn't it?
    Cray is more Orpington Kent, not proper London 😉
  • cafcfan said:
    ...Not a replay...please!
  • Someone is flogging half and half scarves LOL
  • Sponsored links:

How many did you buy
    Can see Cray Valley fans buying them as a memento of a good day out visiting The Valley...🤔
    Buy one for the Museum mate and charge Henners double 😉
    Just for you MillwallFan
  • Yeah that team should be good enough to get the job done, half the pros should be Transfer Listed if not.
  • RedChaser said:
    cafcfan said:
    St Mary’s Cray ,Next to The Bull Pub,Sandy Lane.
  • Strongish line up and a very strong bench
  • Charlton: Walker; Abankwah, Ness, Thomas, Edun; McGrandles, Anderson, Fraser(c); C.Campbell, Tedić, Kirk

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Asiimwe, T.Watson, Hector, Dobson, L.Watson, Blackett-Taylor, Leaburn, May

• RedChaser said:
    cafcfan said:
    Orpington is in London - it’s not in Kent 
  • Match thread is up...