Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Bolton Wanderers : Saturday 28th October 2023 : KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• TC and T. Watson get themselves in a pickle and give away a soft corner
  • May up top on his own makes no sense. He needs to be in a two just like Leaburn.
  • Another pathetic performance where we get pressed off the ball but allow the opponent all the time in the world. Absolutely clueless
  • ross1 said:

I rate Bolton but genuinely feel they haven't had to actually play that well to hold this lead. I've seen them control games better. That's the frustrating bit, Charlton too easy to play against today.
    I don't disagree but I also feel like it's a tactic to let us have to ball in the middle I'd the pitch and then apply select pressure both on and off the ball. They're shadowing the man on the ball then looking to pressure the next one to get it. 
  • Point blank save from Ash.

Should have been 3.
  • SAVE AMB... Another easy cross in from the Left, free man in the box, but shoots straight as M-B
  • Absolutely queuing up for that should have been three. 
  • ross1 said:

Joshua Friedman, one of the new owners, is here at The Valley today

Well I would love to hear what he has to say about the plans for OUR club.
  • Shot straight at AMB, easy from Bolton to get the ball in, take a touch and ping a shot off.

Midfield Legs Fraser fell over which led to the chance. 
  • Men against boys. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Madness. 

We're not good enough to play round their press, yet we've started Alfie May up top on his own.

Every single time we either lose the ball in a dangerous area or just put it on a plate for their CB.

How is Leaburn still on the bench?
  • AMB again playing a MOM performance, where is the defence ffs...can't do it all on his own...
  • Long ball nearly finds May free on goal, but the FB gets back to head to their Goalkeeper
  • ross1 said:

Joshua Friedman, one of the new owners, is here at The Valley today

Well I would love to hear what he has to say about the plans for OUR club.
    Pay the bills? 
  • Golfie coming up as we go on a winning run to get into top four ...  :D
  • edited October 2023
    Valley11 said:
    Charlie Kirk the option to bring on some desire.

You are obviously taking the piss.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    May up top on his own makes no sense. He needs to be in a two just like Leaburn.
    It's just so obvious.

Why can Appleton  see it?
  • Feels like we just have no idea what we’re doing at all 
  • edited October 2023
    Why don't we try something different early? I'm not a fan of wing backs generally but this clearly isn't working. With Thomas there it's an easy change. Leaburn for TC. 
  • TC does well and gets a low cross in, straight into the keepers arms but it was an attack at least.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    We have nothing right now. No tenacity, no fire, no pace, no skill, no trickery, no urgency, no strength 
    And no idea 😤
  • Just logged in, back from the farm, sadly, there appears to have been less manure there than on the Valley pitch...
  • Fraser wins a corner and takes

• Heat maps tell the story. Appleton wasn't happy when Charlton reverted to playing in front of Lincoln on Tuesday. Same has happened today, barely got in behind the Trotters out wide

• Win another corner. 
  • Port Vale 1-1
  • edited October 2023
    Bolton fans are quiet as a mouse until they score, then switch off again...considering they are winning ffs
  • Great corner goes long, and finds May at the edge of the area... His shot flashes across goal, and narrowly wide

Just needed a touch from someone

• Addicks corner, Fraser floats it deep and May runs onto it - looked a planned move - and his volley goes through a crowd of players and wide. Just needed a touch
  • edited October 2023
    Fraser with a deep corner out to May and he goes for goal, wide, could have done with a touch but no one had the brains to think about that. Goes out for a goal kick.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!