Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Bolton Wanderers : Saturday 28th October 2023 : KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• 14,342 announced today. 1,888 down from the north west. Means 12,454 in the home ends according to the announced attendance.

• Louie Watson has taken his jumper off when warming up at the break, wonder if he might come on at HT.
  • SDAddick said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Good looking team... May back leading the line.

Be interesting to see how it pans out, bit disappointed to see Fraser ahead of Louie Watson, then again I like them both, so cant win there
    Fraser ahead of Watson is a baffling decision against a strong team 
    Fraser is an excellent midfielder. L Watson has looked very good at times but he also goes missing at times and isn't the strongest defensively, which is why Fraser is picked ahead of him.
    I don’t agree .  
  • No subs. Fuck me 
  • Abject performance - I got interviewed by Charlton TV in the club shop pre match - to say I was less than positive about todays match, is an understatement, with me calling out the midweek defeat, and how many had ‘a bad game’ vs Lincoln, and they needed to improve - effort wise especially - today 

Guess what - they didn’t show my interview …..

BUT how right I was !!!
  • Watson Leaburn for Fraser and Campbell at least
  • No changes 

• Teams back out. Nobody has failed to come out so L. Watson isn't coming on. Maybe he was just too warm.
  • Our full backs  have 2 players against then when defending because Campbell and CBT don’t track back and when we attach we have CBT and Campbell doubled up on which is what we should be doing.

• Back under way. Charlton attacking the Covered End this half.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    No subs. Fuck me 
    Later darling
  • Croydon said:
    No changes 
    MA likes to give players a chance to prove they will not be crap in the second half
  • Come on Charlton, two goals in the first 15 minutes ... please
  • Posh 0-2
  • Aaarrrgggghhhh!!

Clever quick free kick (yep, surprised me too), Dobbo down the left puts in a deep cross, TC heads just over.
  • Quick freekick and a ball in from Dobson took a deflection and TC cant get a decent connection on the header, just wide.

• Chance. Charlton catch Bolton out with a free kick into Dobson on the right, his cross comes off a Bolton head and catches TC by surprise - he can't direct his close range header on target
  • ross1 said:

14,342 announced today. 1,888 down from the north west. Means 12,454 in the home ends according to the announced attendance.

Well, the 342 are in the East Stand judging by that picture.

• CBT this time away on the left, first cross blocked by Santos and then his second effort is grabbed by the keeper
  • edited October 2023
    Bolton want a challenge so try their best to gift us a goal with some Charltonesqe defending.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cmon Hector, what are you doing? - You got away with it, winning the ball back off Charles, why let yourself get dispossessed again
  • edited October 2023
    Get campbell off!!!! Ffs 
  • Started much brighter this half but still lacking in cohesion up front ... or composure at the back. Yes, you, Mr Hector.
  • FFS Thomas is not here, get him off, we are still playing with 10 men...
  • Santos is awesome.
  • Bromley winning 0-1 Elerewe
  • Oxford 1-1
  • A wake up call for how good we actually are.
  • Alfie May with a shot from the edge of the area... Straight down the throat of their Goalkeeper
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!