Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Bolton Wanderers : Saturday 28th October 2023 : KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    That dressing room is going to be a horrible
    place to be right now 
    Good, hope they all can't look at eachother in embarrassment 
  • I’ll usually defend Fraser & Thomas. But fuck me. Woeful 
    100%
  • Reading 2-2
  • Pissed off with all this "give Bolton credit" stuff from Brownie, it's not Bolton that needs talking about, but our inept first half performance...
  • Watson for Fraser please and wouldn’t be surprised to see Leaburn/Tedic for Campbell.
  • Erm, well, we're still pretty shite at defending, both Bolton goals were stupidly easy for them. They can play a bit, good in the attack and Santos at the back. 

Saying that, last 10 mins we picked up a bit but not totally convincing. 

• Poor set up, and poorly executed. Blame lies with Appleton today.

They were two up before we had an attack.

Need Leaburn on, to at least compete with Santos.  Then we don't have to play dare at the back waiting for an error. TC and T Watson giving far too much space to Williams so deal with that please. Louie for Fraser on the hour and bring on CK so we have a scapegoat please.

Poor.
  • Expect some major bollocking in dressing room at half time.
    It's not just a bollocking that's needed, the system is not working.

Does Mr Apples have a Plan B ..... ? 

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2023
    Skill level about the same, BW better organised and want it more and to top it off I got a spoiled brat of a kid kicking the back of a seat next to me!!! FFS!!!
  • edited October 2023
    Amazingly, Charlton only 22/1 to still win the game on Betfair and 8/1 to draw. Anyone rushing to take those odds?
  • Fraser being scapegoated I see. None of them have been good and he's done some tidy work. The full-backs have been ripped to shreds, Camara has given it away almost every time, Dobson's been terrible, May anonymous and the wingers maybe the worst of the lot 
  • Bolton giving us their usual schooling Apples needs to earn his money at halftime. Watson and Leaburn on plz for Fraser and Campbell 
  • Leaburn for Campbell, Watson for Fraser please.

Please God Edun is fit for next week.
  • ross1 said:
    Down to 15th, four points off relegation

But calling us mid-table mid week was an over reaction 
  • Feared a performance like this after Tuesday, no movement, no passion, no urgency, no leadership. Mid table mediocrity at best until half this squad is shipped out replaced.
  • Get Campbell out of there. 
    He’s a promising player but has looked so off it the last 1.5 games

• Skill level about the same, BW better organised and want it more and to top it off I got a spoiled brat of a kid kicking the back of a seat next to me!!! FFS!!!
    Threaten to send him to Bolton, that’ll sort them out 
  • We can one thong Aneke does for us. He holds the ball up and he ties up defenders. Sorry to say Alfie has not once been able to hold the ball even if got to it irst.
  • Sponsored links:

• FFS put someone up front with May. Playing him up front by himself is crazy against this lot.

Treece Campbell having a nightmare. He surely can't come back on today.

And credit to Maynard-Brewer.  Mom at Lincoln and he's having another good game today. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Get Campbell out of there. 

Needs a loan in league 2
  • Better last 5 or 10 mins of the half but also felt like Bolton were taking a breather.

Need a lot more from everyone. Not sure whether you go 442 or 352 but I think we need to get a partner up there with May.

Appleton was bang on the money when he talked about “running hard without the ball”. Not been nearly enough of that going on today. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Expect some major bollocking in dressing room at half time.
    It's not just a bollocking that's needed, the system is not working.

Does Mr Apples have a Plan B ..... ? 

Yes, every game, amd it still does not work  :)
  • edited October 2023
    Leuth said:
    Fraser being scapegoated I see. None of them have been good and he's done some tidy work. The full-backs have been ripped to shreds, Camara has given it away almost every time, Dobson's been terrible, May anonymous and the wingers maybe the worst of the lot 
    Yes, but you mustn't criticise Dobson. 
  • Valley11 said:

He seems terrified to take a risk. Just makes 5 yard passes backwards 
  • Valley11 said:

He seems terrified to take a risk. Just makes 5 yard passes backwards 
    That's typically a confidence issue 

• Brother's birthday sabotaged after 20 mins. 

Terrible set up. Thomas marking 3 blokes. Great holes in the middle of midfield. 

Awful defence but we all knew that. 
  • Feared a performance like this after Tuesday, no movement, no passion, no urgency, no leadership. Mid table mediocrity at best until half this squad is shipped out replaced.
    We've lost one game in two months. This is by no means a complete or balanced squad but the last two months have shown us we've got some good players. 
  • Louie coming on?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!