Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Reading | Saturday 21st October 2023 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Reading got what they deserved after they didn’t give us the ball back after an injury.

To be fair thought Reading looked quite good but once we scored they fell apart.

Some sparkling attacking football from us in the second half.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Fantastic result. Didn't think we even played that well compared to other games this season, just very clinical in the second half.

Campbell coming on at HT changed the game and CBT keeps delivering.

Fingers crossed Chuks isn't out for long.
  • Options
    Not really, can’t remember who it was but last year came on for 5 mins and done his hammy. If he got taken off 5 minutes earlier today nobody would have batt an eyelid!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    hermann said:
    Shout out to AMB for some good saves at key times in the game. We were absolutely unplayable after we scored.
    We scored  some very good goals today, but AMB was my man of the match, without those saves, the game would have gone away from us.
  • Options
    What's the view on CarLeasingLife
  • Options
    Excellent second half performance. There was virtual first team waiting on our subs bench and the substitution of Tedic at half time and every substitution that followed effectively broke a spirited Reading side. I'll take a poor first half if we don't fall behind and produce that type of second half performance. 
  • Options
    A Happy Valley win, fantastic 😊
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always a fantastic weekend when Charlton win
  • Options
    I never feel right giving someone MOM who only played half a game, but Tyreece Campbell was sickeningly good 2nd half.

A real break out performance by him. 
    So much more mobile and threatening then Tedić. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Good interview with Appleton. Nice bloke and speaks well. Ticks my box for being absolutely nothing like Karel Fraeye. 
    You can tell him that at the PotY dinner. 
  • Options
    Sitting round the pool in Hurgada following the cricket and feeling rather pissed off.
    Then I follow the match thread and see Charlton win 4.0
    Normally it's Charlton that spoil the day.
    Makes a great change to see them put me in a good mood. 
    COYA
    If I was with you we’d been in the bar.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    Does MA have to play Tedic because he is on loan? Putting him on the wing is obviously not his game and MA seems not to fancy him at CF
    Would he play CF if Aneke is out? Maybe his chance to show what he's about, because  one dive and a mishit shot in all this season isn't that impressive. Different style I know but I'd rather have Kanu on.
    Miles would be my choice as CF
    Mine too but Miles and Aneke were only doing 60 mins max
  • Options
    Didn't watch. In Cala Bona Majorca, was brilliant when we went ahead.then got better. Then icing on cake Boro went ahead Cher ching... Nice big win..... thanks. 

• Options
    Didn't watch. In Cala Bona Majorca, was brilliant when we went ahead.then got better. Then icing on cake Boro went ahead Cher ching... Nice big win..... thanks. 

What lingo is this in?! Sounds like Olideeee speech!
  • Options
    I think he means ker-ching.
  • Options
    TC and Assiimwe have to start from now on.
    They're not doing badly finishing games.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the cut of his jib, sound words from the boss there.

I think he might be one to keep ...
  • Options
    TC and Assiimwe have to start from now on.
    They're not doing badly finishing games.

Yeah I like the thought we have game changers on the bench.
  • Options
    A terrific second half and I hope we can take it into the Imps game. Looking forward to that and think we are showing that we have some very good ability and lots of goal scorer threat. Up the football league we go…at last! Appleton impressing too. Knows how to get a tune for sure.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Just cannot understand leaving Chuks on for so long…we all know 45 mins is max…
    In fairness, Apples can only talk to him and see how he feels. Chucks looked fit and raring to go. He actually come on once and got injured 10 mins in! 

It's unfortunate but if he says he's up for it then he should play. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    How about a cheeky bid for Reading’s no. 32 in January? Been a while since an opposition player, let alone defender, has stood out like he did.
    Agree. Also Wing was class.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Only 3 teams above us have played the same amount of games. If we win both those games we're on 24 points and that's all we can hope for. I don't care other teams do this early on, so long as we keep pace for 2ppg. 

We're currently on target for 69 points. That will take us to about 1.71 PPG or 78 PTS.
  • Options
    Nice to see our new manager that so many people slagged off and never gave chance to
    has completed 6 Games unbeaten.
    well done Mr Appleton and good luck moving forward with you amazing Goal average 👍👍👍👍